• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There is nothing wrong with Alolan Persian

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
Years
  • I don't get why everyone is hating on poor Alolan Persain. Here's what people think of Alolan Persain
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
    Years
  • The way I see it, it's pretty much a choice of power (Alolan) vs. style (normal).

I don't know this for sure, but Alolan Persian has Fur Coat, which cuts physical damage in half & I think it also can have technician... Depending on what it stat spread is, it could be more powerful than the normal Persian.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's because of its head. Instead of having its normal majestic head, it gets a Garfield/Heathcliff-ish head design. Compared to other Alolan forms, who still keep their normal heads from their regular forms, Persian got the worst treatment.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It's because instead of making the entire thing fluffy and long-haired, like actual persian cats, they made just the face swollen. It's like someone was learning about the Photoshop bloat tool for the first time, used it once on regular Persian's face, and called it a day.

The silly face wouldn't be so much of an issue if the rest of the body was fluffy to match it. At least for me.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I just think they could have done a much better job with the design. Maybe it's just me, but for a Pokémon like Persian it really doesn't suit having that comical goofy face. Alolan Persian is by no means the worst Alolan form, and It's great to see people who do like this design, just for me it's not all that great.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Style. That's it. I understand the lore behind it, but the style for it is wrong. If you want to make it an actual Persian, you need to show off its fluffiness. Instead, you just made it look like it was stung by a bunch of bees.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    It just looks really stupid. To me it looks like the Pokémon that rides the short bus to school. To be fair though, I feel GameFreak has really dropped the ball this Generation.

The leaks actually lowered my excitement for the new games. So many Pokémon are just so stupid. Alolan forms were cool at first, but then we saw all of them. It's like GF just showed us all of the cool stuff first and then saved all the garbage for later/leaks.

At least this Gen has some of the best Starters, at least how they look.

Years
    • Seen today
    copy from /r/pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I feel like its face just looks so stupid. It's fat but I feel like it still thinks it's not or something.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Alolan Persians are seriously the reason why they were bred by the royal initially and ended up strays after Alolan Meowths evolved. :p

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I don't hate Alola Persian, but it's still my least favourite Alola form because it looks much less vicious compared to regular Persian. The big head doesn't help it.

DarkDon43

Delta Shock Creator
    Years
  • copy from /r/pokemon:
    Spoiler:

I feel like its face just looks so stupid. It's fat but I feel like it still thinks it's not or something.

LOL I didn't expect that!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Alolan Persian looks very ugly to me. If they made it's body more proportionate to it's head, maybe I could tolerate it more, but as it stands, it really doesn't settle with me. I guess the joke is that's it's supposed to look ugly, but in my mind Gamefreak trolled us again XP

At least be like Alolan Dugtrio and go all the way. I prefer fabulous hair like Mega Ampharos in comparison with Puffy Bee-Sting Faced Persian.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's proportions are just way off, and that's why I dislike it. I understand it's lore, but they just missed the mark with this one unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Actual teacup persians do look weird though. Behold this shaded golden teacup persian:

Nothing--nothing--is weirder than nature.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It's fine if it's goofy looking, but I feel like they could've done a better job making it look goofy really.

I agree with this.

GameFreak gave us the goofy looks with Exeggutor and Dugtrio (Diglett is worst imo XD). Imo, they did it well. It's funny. But Persian... I don't know... maybe the Pokemon is just too serious in the first place? I mean, Exeggutor is goofy even in it's "real" form! Dugtrio is a little bit goofy too. But Persian is majestic and it deserve a treatment like Ninetails!

Back