• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There is nothing wrong with Alolan Persian

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • I just don't like it honestly. Out of all the Alolan forms this one is my least favourite, because I think its just hideous to look at. I think it's the giant round head that ticks me off.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I thought Persian would become more elegant and vain, since it was bred by the ROYAL Family of Alola. But ... I just feel like GF got lazy and just made its head larger... I don't understand how "the round face of Alolan Persian is a symbol of the rich Alola region, and it is held to be a Pokémon of great beauty", like the website says '-' I find it ugly and boring :c

Personally I would love if Alola Persian looked like this:
    Spoiler:

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    People were expecting elegance because of it being owned and bred by rich snobs? The reality is that such people often breed animals to look horribly disfigured all things considered. Dog breeds are filled with borderline chimeric abominations in real life, for example. It's common for "prized breeds" to come with quite a number of health risks and deformities -- often most apparent in the head/face of the animal.

Alolan Persian honestly makes complete sense to me. Is it "good looking"? No. But not everything in the real world animal kingdom is some feast for the eyes, so I don't think it's fair to think Pokemon designs have to be any different.

Some people want everything to appeal to them, and when something doesn't "it's bad design". "It could have looked this way"; "If it were up to me". Irrelevant. If Pokemon designs were up to me not a single "cute" or "beautiful" Pokemon would exist. Say goodbye to your Eevees, Milotics and Audinos, bois. But Pokemon is meant for more than just me and my tastes and preferences. Boo hoo if a design was "ruined", but one man's trash is another man's treasure as they say.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2016
    It's just not a very appealing design in my opinion. There's so much cool fan art and GameFreak just smashed is face and and changed his color.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I LOVE alolan Persian! I find it incredibly cute. I WANT ONE. To be honest, I don't find it goofy or ugly. I find it quite beautiful.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I admit that I am disappointed in Alolan Persian. The original Persian is so elegant and majestic looking. And then the Alola form... doesn't do it justice. It looks very silly; I can't take it seriously.

Years
  • Pokemon were never meant to be taken so seriously in my opinion. I think alolan persian is perfectly fine. It's just a cat anyways.

Years
  • The point to me is not that it shouldn't be goofy. It's just he seems weird with his head fat and the rest of his body slim.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Actual teacup persians do look weird though. Behold this shaded golden teacup persian:
    thumbs_0458.jpg

Nothing--nothing--is weirder than nature.
    But the flat face is nicely complemented by the fluffy body and fur. This is a little angel, a ball of happiness.

Alola Persian looks like someone went and gave a regular persian cat a really questionable haircut. A haircut from which its body fur can never grow back, so it will always look like it has a bad haircut.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • But the flat face is nicely complemented by the fluffy body and fur. This is a little angel, a ball of happiness.

Alola Persian looks like someone went and gave a regular persian cat a really questionable haircut. A haircut from which its body fur can never grow back, so it will always look like it has a bad haircut.

That's what I think. They should have change it more.
    Though it may be the point of view of the official drawing. When I saw it moving in the game videos, it seemed more natural to me.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That's what I think. They should have change it more.
    Though it may be the point of view of the official drawing. When I saw it moving in the game videos, it seemed more natural to me.
    I do agree that it looks a bit better in-game; the designers have generally been doing a good job at making the new Pokémon "look better" in 3D compared to their 2D artwork, now that the games are played in 3D. But I'd still say Alola Persian is one of the worst, if not the worst, Alolan forms due to not only the potential it had for being a good design, but the overall poor execution.

Years
  • I do agree that it looks a bit better in-game; the designers have generally been doing a good job at making the new Pokémon "look better" in 3D compared to their 2D artwork, now that the games are played in 3D. But I'd still say Alola Persian is one of the worst, if not the worst, Alolan forms due to not only the potential it had for being a good design, but the overall poor execution.

Yeah. It's not one of my favorites.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    I agree: If they were going to make the face fat, they should have made the rest of it look fat as well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2017
    Actual teacup persians do look weird though. Behold this shaded golden teacup persian:
    thumbs_0458.jpg
    Nothing--nothing--is weirder than nature.
    What're u talking about, that cat in the pictute is the cutest little thing and looks much different from alolan Persian.
    I think alola Perian's design is a lot better than Decidueye just saying.
    I think al-persian's trainer squeezed it's cheeks too much when it was a Meowth so it evolved with extra squeezy cheeks.

Back