• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"There will be no more plans for Pokemon."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Nothing lasts forever.

What would you do once the pokemon franchise comes to an end? Would you still try to collect pokemon merchandise you haven't already gotten, or maybe you'd still play the games, or would you focus your attentions to something else?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I'd still continue playing the games, of course. Just because the franchise ends doesn't mean the games will lose their attraction. Still, I'd get bored of the same ol', same ol' after a while so would probably move on to another video game franchise.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I would play the current games until they get too boring. Then I would stop altogether. I bet this forum would shut down if that happened! Let's hope it doesn't.

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • I will be playing Pokemon games until the day I die, litterally.
    That's how I feel. :)
    Just because it comes to an end (I really hope it doesn't), doesn't mean that I wouldn't love Pokemon any less or anything. I'd probably love it more. :P

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Id finish purchasing the main story games, every one of them, and beat them and trade all my Pokes onto one of them in the same gen, like my Gold and Silver onto my Crystal, my Diamond, Pearl, Plat, Hg and Ss and Black onto my White, Ruby Sapph Emerald onto my Lg or Fr..Etc etc until I have completed Pokedexs then just reset the games and play. Once bored with that, even though I hate the spinoffs, buy every one of those and beat them. Then start collecting the DvD sets of the anime and the manga volumes and watch and read all that. THen turn into a exclusive Poke Otaku :D. POKEMON NEBAR DIEEESSSSS!~ POKEMON SHALL BE THE FRANCHISE THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS! Lol. I bet, if there is a God, hes a major Poke Nerd :D.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I'm getting old now, there are more important things in life than gaming or what so ever.

I'm planning on moving to America after i've finished school, gotten my a levels and my degree and saved up abit of cash.

I'm probably going to stop playing soon anyway...

I'm getting old now, there are more important things in life than gaming or what so ever.

I'm planning on moving to America after i've finished school, gotten my a levels and my degree and saved up abit of cash.

I'm probably going to stop playing soon anyway...

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • The title had me going there I'd continue to play the games. Just because they aren't being made any more is no reason not to play them.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    I'M GONNA CONTINUE THE FRANCHISE!!!!!! lol, jk

I'll still be playing the games until I get bored. Ooh, and since I only have the first two volumes of Pokèmon Special (a.k.a Adventures) I'm going to collect 'em all!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    What will we do when there are no more video games? Or no more internet? No more electronic devices?

As you said, nothing lasts forever.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I would continue to an extent, but then soon go onto another franchise of one of my other interests.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I reckon I'd stick around PC just for the companionship. I'd finish the National Dex on every game I own, and devote my spare gaming time to IV breeding and EV training for perfect Pokemon.

Also I would keep writing fanfiction. No fear of being Jossed! \o/

Taffy

poot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2016
    Of course I'd be a lil' sad, but it's okay by my watch. As long as they never go rogue and try to burn all the games, I'd probably download all the roms to games and play them. I'd also recollect the cards of eBay.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I honestly thought you were quoting someone with the title.
    I was a little scared.

Idk what i'd do. I guess i'd buy one unopened copy of every game and then collect all of the cards before people started hoarding them for years. Do you have any idea how much a base set booster box will be worth in 10 years, if there are even any left? I don't want to think about it.

I'd have to buy a Wii too, so I could actually play the pokemon games for Wii D:

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • Considering the fact that I'm a fan of at least 18 different gaming franchises, if Pokemon were to die, I'd probably hop to another one of the 17 franchises I'm a fan of, like Dragon Quest.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Probably just move on with my life, to be honest. I'd end up keeping the games so, a while later perhaps, I could rediscover them and experience them all over again... but I wouldn't try and stay attached to the franchise. Everything in life comes and goes like this: it'll happen eventually. We just don't know when.

Back