• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There's less Rattata, Pidgey and Zubat now

Years
  • Good to see these three Pokemon's common status getting trimmed down a bit because let's face it, everyone was annoyed of them. Definitely a sign of changes to balance the game in the future.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • leafs-fans-celebrate-hockey-fans-hockey-fan-gif.gif

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • First three 2km eggs I hatched today were Clefairy, Charmander and Bulbasaur. Before today I had only ever hatched 2 Pokemon other than a Rattata, Pidgey or Weedle (Squirtle and Pikachu).

Years
  • It'll be a lot easier not listening to my brother howl misogyny or patriarchy or whatever it is he yells when he finds yet another Zubat these days...

Years

• This is NOT good news. Ada, my 1000 + CP Pidgeot was an egg-hatched Pidgey. This change also works against the diligent among us, who horde Pidgey, Rattata, and Weedles to evolve for Lucky Eggs. This benefits younger players and less patient ones, at the expense of adult players and any one wiling to read the FANTASTIC manual.

Also for those of us with outrageously bad aim, the loss of Zubats is a real hurt. I'm glad I hatched out three of them during the Halloween special. They are a great way to lose Poke Balls.

In other news, not posted (and maybe not true. My feeling is a lot more in Pokemon Go is influenced by geography and ecology than we like to think) I've not seen a single Koffing on my nearby radar, either in downtown Atlanta or in Decatur.

I wonder whether Jynx (for those lucky enough to have 10km eggs) and Koffing have disappeared for public relations reasons. I think Koffing sends a wonderful anti-smoking message. As for Jynx, Harriet is my buddy, though I've pushed her as far as I can until I level.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Glad I was able to save a lot of zubat candies for Crobat.

Still I was not annoyed of them because they are my stardust buddies! Especially Pidgey as the best option for Evo-leveling with or without the lucky egg.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I only miss pidgey because its a 12 candy evolution, and you get one candy back.

But then, i already reached lvl 30, so its mostly about dust, and the other pokemon we get instead of those will also give 100 dust. Above lvl 30, unless you already comfortably sit in more than 10 gyms and have more than 10 really nice defenders, it is a mistake to power up any pokemon all the way, because its so outrageously expensive. You want to stop as soon as the power up costs 5000 dust, and build up something different instead.

Also, at least without generation 2, all of these (and their evolutions) are worthless in the gym meta.

So its good news over all.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • This is NOT good news. Ada, my 1000 + CP Pidgeot was an egg-hatched Pidgey. This change also works against the diligent among us, who horde Pidgey, Rattata, and Weedles to evolve for Lucky Eggs. This benefits younger players and less patient ones, at the expense of adult players and any one wiling to read the FANTASTIC manual.

As an adult, I think this is a good thing. I can't play all of the time because I work and have other responsibilities. When I do get a chance to play, it will make it more worthwhile because I may be able to get some new Pokemon. Always seeing Pidgey and Rattata made things monotonous. Maybe it hurts people who horde, but I enjoy being able to go out and discover different Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Is this a physical update? Or will it just take place because I'm still seeing tons of Rattata and Pidgey.

Tauros spawnrates seem to have increased recently however.

Years

• You can still see Pidgey and Ratattas outside. You just can't hatch them from eggs. The ones hatched from eggs can be better quality. A 300 CP Pidgey can be a 1000 CP + Pidgeot. The same is true for a 300 CP Weedle.

Years

• *Picks up dollar store crystal ball and smashes it. *

Sunday I saw a Koffing in a neighborhood called Toco HIlls, and Monday night on my way home from work, there was a strange creature on my radar. It was a Weezing. Itis now in my PokeBox. :t109:

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I guess all of the eggs I'm hatching now I got before the update as they were all Rattata and Pidgey. Maybe now I can get a Geodude of Charmander.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Its good over all, i get more pokemon i usually see less, but i still get pidgeys and stuff.

What they really destroyed are the arenas.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Is this so? I still seem to keep getting those mice and birds. Or maybe it's just my area.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    Is this so? I still seem to keep getting those mice and birds. Or maybe it's just my area.

There certainly still are many of those, but i see many more pokemon that usually used to be less frequent. Still basic and common, but some of these are nice, and they all increased in frequency, which implies that pidgey and rattata actually got less common.

I am talking about stuff like spearow, jigglypuff, oddish, paras, venonat, meowth, slowpoke, magnemite, shellder, krabby, voltorb, horsea, goldeen, eevee.

Weedle is now the most common one i see, it used to be third place, it is now followed by pidgey and rattata. And the next tier of pokemon all appears to be more common now.

I also got some randomly appearing pikachu and squirtle and bulbasaur, certainly more than before.

So its clear to me, they took those 3 down a notch and filled it with other pokemon, probarbly a good chunk of them being weedles and spearows, but all the rest quite clearly moved up a bit. More diversity. There still are enough pidgeys, caterpies and weedles to pick 11-candy evolutions for experience.

Back