• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

There's only one team that really matters..

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2016
    It takes a certain genius to understand the true use of pokemon.

Attachments

• There's only one team that really matters..
      Team Rocket motto.jpg
      127.2 KB · Views: 9

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Inb4 the three teams in PoGO are villainous teams in Sun & Moon.
    That would be a really fun twist, actually. I don't see it happening, but I love it.

There is a lack of a villainous team in GO. I mean, the other teams are your rivals, but they're certainly not pegged as being 'bad.' All three of the leaders work as assistants for Prof. Willow, after all. Until more of the story is told, there really is no antagonist in this game; just rivalry.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I can't really see GO developing much of a villainous team honestly. It could be a case of "we think our method is best and theirs are worse so let's prove our strength and be the best!" when the team story lines get developed a bit more but that obviously wouldn't really count as there being a 'bad guy' team for anyone. It's possible that each player could have a different story develop for them based on which team they chose to join and the others are 'evil' for them in the same sense that Aqua and Magma both believed they were the 'good guys' and the other were evil, or it's possible there could develop a 'bad guy' team and you're set on quests to stop them, but honestly I just don't really see GO as being that kind of game and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I can't really see GO developing much of a villainous team honestly.
    Yeah, I definitely see the game giving off a "team spirit" kind of vibe and staying that way; we're the good guys because we're on team x, you're bad because you're on team y. That would be fine, but I think a separate villainous team would really add something to the mix. There's just so much potential there to bring everyone together. Like it was hinted in the trailer, perhaps someday soon there will be events that bring us all together for a cause. To catch Mewtwo, or maybe to recapture gyms (or stops?) from the hands of an evil syndicate.

I don't know, I like that idea. It's romantic.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm totally fine without a villainous team. For one, I don't think every series needs a villain per se. Sometimes we just want a story. You can have conflict (rivalry, in this case) without a clear cut bad guy. And more often than not, villains are half ass tossed into stories just because someone thinks "oh right gotta have a bad guy!"

Second seeing as the time this game came out. Let's be real, 2016 has been hell on the world. I will gladly settle for a game that takes people out of the shit of the real world without a villain when we've been dealing with enough this year -- and other years past and more to come in the future.

Back