• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen There's something fishy about these games...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Remember the old tedious fishing mechanics in RSE? I mean, you'd have to get a bite many times in order to catch a Pokémon? That required a lot more attention, but it made training harder near the water cities. How do you feel about adding this mechanic back?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Ugh, please no! This was tedious, and more of a pain than anything. Make the fishing mechanics easier, I would prefer not to spend 2 hours training my Pelipper because I can't catch a stupid Pokemon because fishing. However, most of the time I would just use Surf and it was easier to find Pokémon that way.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I actually kinda liked this feature because it adds more realism into the game so I can't wait for it. I mean we already have Suction Cups to make fishing easier so I guess they should make these Pokemon more valuable by making fishing harder like RSE's.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • It definitely added a bit of a challenge to fishing, so I would be happy to see this mechanic return! Like Gunner said, it does add an element of realism into the games, something I'd personally like to see more of in the newer Pokemon games. It also made more sense to have you react to bites like that, again tying in with the realism.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    If you say so, but for us emulating realism is not necessarily a sign of quality gameplay - especially when real life fishing does not work that way anyway. It is not challenging in any form, just a matter of inconvenience.

We might change our opinion when the power of the traction becomes an indication for the quality of the catch, like high IVs. Now, should they give us a way to bait strong mons on a regular basis (like with baits, duh) we wouldn't even mind them escaping from time to time.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    We might change our opinion when the power of the traction becomes an indication for the quality of the catch, like high IVs. Now, should they give us a way to bait strong mons on a regular basis (like with baits, duh) we wouldn't even mind them escaping from time to time.

^ Is really a good idea. Power Fishing could be a concept where we could find fishing 'hotspots' around the sea, in which we could specifically look for rare and good IV'd Pokémon. Something like Feebas fishing, except it isn't random, much more abundant and we could actually know where they are.

Years
  • It wasn't that great of a fishing mechanic, but if they were to add a layer of complexity and actually make the player capable of influencing the outcome in a meaningfull way, it would be a much appretiated addition.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I HATED it. One of the worst things about the originals. They tried to make fishing less boring but instead they made it frustrating since for bigger Pokémon you need to press the button a gazillion times.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • It was a fun little minigame at first, but when you have to do it about 50 times in a route where it almost always rains just so you can catch an ugly fish that was way too difficult to evolve... Well, it gets pretty tedious pretty fast.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I forgot all about this, if it was this way in the originals then odds are this mechanic will be back. I don't really mind it, as long as it doesn't take 10+ times to reel in one Pokémon...

Years
  • Didn't make too much of an impact on me. The newer generations really improved the mechanic, but if they bring the old RSE one back, I won't mind. May be wrong, but I think they'll bring the renovated mechanic back from more recent generations, instead of reviving an old one just because they're remakes.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • It was a fun little minigame at first, but when you have to do it about 50 times in a route where it almost always rains just so you can catch an ugly fish that was way too difficult to evolve... Well, it gets pretty tedious pretty fast.

That's pretty much how I feel. Even if I very rarely fish, if ever, I still remember how tedious it was to fish two or three times on every tile, and I don't want to do this again.

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no no no!!! I have had my emerald for 3 years and I just figured out how the fishing rod works in april!!!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Ahahahahahaha it's actually kinda fun.

If chain fishing will come back at ORAS, it'll use XY's fishing method.
    If not, I want it to return. Keeps the suspense in fishing. P:

Years
  • No thank you, I'd rather prefer the simplicity to fishing like there is in X and Y. The "........." annoyed me so much because I was never sure when to reel in the fish at all.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I honestly don't even remember RSE's fishing method, and I fished a lot to catch all the Pokemon so I don't think it personally bothered me that much. But if it bothered many others then it's probably something that should be addressed.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I remember having to be very quick when it reacts like that. The game is too quick to react ;; I always feel at the edge when I'm using the Super Rod haha x3

Back