• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These controls are terrible!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    This one's relatively simple, which console/controller has your favorite controls? I think we all have a favorite controller, because some are just annoying (for example, I dislike the Nintendo 64 and Wii controllers). Is there just that one controller that you wish every video game could be controlled by? Which controller do you think is the best?

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Hmmm for me that'd be a GameCube controller, it's easy and quick to understand and it also has a nice shape. I haven't really played Xbox or PS that much to get familiar with the controllers, and a GC was my first console, and I still use the controllers for the Wii too, so yeah. (I did play Nintendo 64 before, but I was very young so I don't really remember how I liked that controller lol)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The Nintendo 64 had to be the best controllers ever. There's just something about them and the big chunky three-pronged thing that makes them incredibly easy to use. Plus there's the nostalgia factor, which is always good.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I always loved PS2 controllers. I felt like Nintendo wasn't very good at making controllers in general, and XBox controllers were sooooo bulky. PS2 had all the buttons while still forming well to the hands and making it easy to use.

If only they changed the symbols to something more intuitive...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2011
    Xbox has the most ergomatic feel to it. but i prefer the playstation ones, as im most used to it ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    The only thing I've been particularly satisfied with is the control layout on the Sony PSP-1000.
    Most folks' idea of 'ergonomic' is far from my own.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • XBox 360. It fits perfectly in your hand and it's just so awesome. n_n

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I don't think it's a good idea to have one controller that every game is controlled by. I like the PS/2/3 controller best for fighting games, because I'm used to it and for me works best.
    But my fav controller is the 360 controller. If I had to pick one controller to use for all my consoles then it'd have to be the 360 controller. Has a little weight to it, fits good in the hands, best analog stick layout. They could do better with the crappy D-Pad (and no I don't want to get one of them switchable D-Pads, it doesn't come in black), and the dead zone probs. But overall I think it's the best controller out there. I hope MS doesn't change too much with the controller for their next console, they just need to improve a little on the 360's controller.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Gamecube controller is the easiest for me. Probably because of the hours I spent on it. It wasn't my first console but it was probably the console I spent the most time playing and the controller is so light and easy to use.

Years
  • Size-wise, probably the Xbox 360 controller. The D-Pad is its biggest flaw. In terms of button responsiveness, I like the Playstation 1/2/3 controllers best, particularly the PS3 buttons. The only controller I've used that I've found awkward at times as far as I can recall is the Wii Remote by itself, since it's just so freaking small when turned to resemble a traditional controller more.

keyboard and mouse combo still tops all, though

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I don't think it's a good idea to have one controller that every game is controlled by. I like the PS/2/3 controller best for fighting games, because I'm used to it and for me works best.
    But my fav controller is the 360 controller. If I had to pick one controller to use for all my consoles then it'd have to be the 360 controller. Has a little weight to it, fits good in the hands, best analog stick layout. They could do better with the crappy D-Pad (and no I don't want to get one of them switchable D-Pads, it doesn't come in black), and the dead zone probs. But overall I think it's the best controller out there. I hope MS doesn't change too much with the controller for their next console, they just need to improve a little on the 360's controller.

I have to agree with what you're saying; I don't like playing fighting games on the Xbox 360 because the controller isn't really the best for that, but FPS games are really easy to play because of the great analog stick layout on it. There are also just some games that I couldn't imagine playing with that controller, like Kingdom Hearts. It would feel a little strange to me. The only change that I would really like is making slimmer controller because it's a little bulky, but that's really it.

The GameCube controller is better; it's like the Nintendo 64 controller but it makes a lot more sense and it's compressed to make is simpler, so I like it. I've been playing Majora's Mask on it, and it's a lot better than playing it with the N64 controller, but the D-Pad isn't really used for that game anyway, so it's not very hard to use even with it, but still, the controller could have been better for that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I actually like the NES controller. 8 buttons. Simple. Easy to use. And it has a really long cord. :P

The NES controller did have a great design. It was simple and everything was in place, which makes NES games easy to play on any Nintendo controller, like with the GameCube controller or the Classic Controller for the Wii remote, which is a controller that I like as well.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • All of the Playstation controls usually felt natural using. Sega Saturn control wasn't too bad either. The Dreamcast controller was probably my least favorite as it was just too wide.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm more used to the PS2 controller, so I'll go with that. I barely played with the Gamecube or X-Box, so I can't really say I like those more.

DragonLX

something
    Years
    • Age 30
    • ask
    • Seen Nov 4, 2015
    Unlike most people I really like the Wii-controllers. They are so comfortable and intuitive. The downside is that for games that require various button combinations - to pull the buttons that aren't there - you must become a part-time contorsionist. Which brings me to my being super-okay with the PS controllers. Amazing responses. The only controllers I'll never like are the X-Box ones really. They are so freaking bulky...

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Playstation 3 Dualshock 3 controller! It has a nice shape and fits around the hands nicely! It even has an even amount of weight.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Despite not owning a PS3, I do love the Dualshock. It is so light and easy to get all the buttons. I wonder if someone could design one similar for X-Box, as that thing is a bit too bulky for me. I still like it, but it could be better.

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
  • I always loved PS2 controllers. I felt like Nintendo wasn't very good at making controllers in general, and XBox controllers were sooooo bulky. PS2 had all the buttons while still forming well to the hands and making it easy to use.

If only they changed the symbols to something more intuitive...
    This is how I generally see it. I've never really played that much on the 360, and after spending years playing with the PS2/3 controllers I've been left extremely biased and hate picking the things up.

And though I hated playing most things with the Wii remote, I absolutely loved turning it horizontally for Cave Story. Felt really good and fit very well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I would much rather play Cave Story with a PS3 controller :3. Actually, that would be amazing. Any platformer or FPS is really great on that controller to me, XD.

Last edited:
    Back