• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

These doughnuts are great! Jelly filled are my favorite!

Torterrax

Is loving Torterra... <3
    Years
    Yeah, it really is stupid. I think the episode where they change the riceball into a sandwich with their crappy editting skills really is pathetic... o3o
    I mean, why does it make a difference to the anime? It doesn't... So, can't they just use it to teach the kids about the cultural food, and not just 'censor' it out, or just dub it into being another food (which it looks nothing like).

Years
    If you're embarrassed to be an American, then America is embarrassed to have you.

As for the clip, its just short and silly. As you learn in business, things are always being changed for different cultures, different demographics, and different purposes. From what I'm guessing, 4Kids was relying on the basis that they thought kids probably wouldn't know any better, but obviously they were wrong. And then again, this is just one of many things that 4Kids has done utterly wrong.

I agree. People, however, make a big deal out of the fxcking rice balls. Let them call it whatever they want. We have Google for that, don't we? ;o
    I just find it amusing at most.

INB4 flaming me for "ignorance".

Years
    I never really got why calling them "rice balls" would have any reflection on the Japanese origins of the show. I sure as hell wouldn't know it was some food from another country, I'd just assume it was some food that I'd never heard of before.

I could maybe believe they are some sort of pastry like these. So, I suppose a coconut coated, hole-less "donut" isn't too far of a stretch.

I love how everyone gets all upset over it. "OMG THEY'RE RACIST AGAINST JAPANESE CULTURE THEY SHOULD BURN IN HELL." "OMG IT WAS LIKE 5 SECONDS IT DOESN'T MATTER JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND GO AWAY." You guys are great.

Years
    I dont see the big issue, its just a short clip from a couple pokemon episodes. And by the way, jelly donuts are pretty darn delicious, so lets all be happy :3.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    lol, i remember seeing that. I knew they weren't donuts and were riceballs but i started to doubt my own knowledge because of it.

Years
    MARICA. WE DON'T SAY RICEBALLS IN MARICA

^ Kiddo that is quoted summed up the thread with an idiotic-looking post and using an awesome meme in the wrong way, yet it summed up the entire thread with two sentences.

And it also looks better than the *****y, obviously purist-tard posts in this thread.

I will say it again: This is something we shouldn't worry too much about. If it bothers you so much, then don't watch the show.

ShadowElliot

Wooper
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    When I was a kid, I really thought it was a doughnut too, a weird looking one because it did had jelly in it.

Back