• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen ~*!*~THEY HAVE LOST IT~*!*~

Badge Creativity

• Yes

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • somewhat

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I don't care I just collect them to beat the game

Votes: 24 55.8%

• Total voters

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    when it comes to the badges of D/P do you think they lost there creativity?

I think they have because I'vee seen the other badges and they actually looks awesome but these there aren't too bad nor too good as well

:t354:TG

RLan69

Pokemon Junkie Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    But they double as a xylophone :D

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    yeah they have... but RLan69 is right their xylophones which sortof makes up for the lack of creativity...

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    But they double as a xylophone :D

He's got you there. Who needs creativity when you can play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on your badges?

Also, what the hell is up with the thread title? It looks really overdone, and it doesn't need to be in all caps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I dont really care how they look as long as you could play music on 'em lol. Na the only thing I do is polish the badges.... The only badge I remember is the triangular one lol.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The looks, I don't care for.

But hot dang I'd be happy if you could do more with the badges in the next game. Like using them as fishing lures! As car keys! Extra RAM for your PC! The possibilities are endless!

[edit] I also like how you can wipe your badges when they are dull.
    Adds a nice flavour.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Yeah, they might lack visual creativity, but their features such as the wiping to make them sparkly (*squee*) and to make music (OMG ODETOJOY FTW >W<) might make up for the lack in appearance.

Years
    I never really cared or payed any attention to the badge creativity. I just collect them and move on with the game so I'll vote for the last choice.

MissMegano

not-so innocent saint
    Years
    I'm definitly with you! I don't think they're trying at all anymore! Same thing with the pokemon. When I compare Staravia to Pidgeotto I just sigh. I miss Pidgeotto. I wish they had stopped making new pokemon after celebi. Oh, and the xylophone's cool, but I hate having to shine them. -_-

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
    the badges are ok for the FIRST pokemon on the DS but hopefully they shall get better but still it is funny when you have the sound up full and then start making that rubbing sound on the badges in a quite room :laugh:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I thought the badges looked alright. Nothing too special I must admit, except a few did look better than the others. The music part makes up for it.

Znale

Disturbed Morphing Jar
    Years
    No, why would they have lost their creativity? What's wrong with the badges? Besides, there's much new in D/P also, so the quality is not going downwards.

Phatkav

Zero Creativity
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2021
    I still like them. I don't really pay attention to the badges, but they looka lright.

Also they play music too ^_^

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 116
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    I don't care, to be honest. I just collect them to beat the game ^^;;.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    [edit] I also like how you can wipe your badges when they are dull.
    Adds a nice flavour.
    Haha, I had no idea about that, I wondered why the heck my badges got like that! XD

I agree the badges are kinda eh in my opinion...

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I dont really play for the look of badges

I just get em so i can progress

Its a bonus if the look nice.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Yes, because we know everyone gets the new Pokemon game to collect all their badges then leaves the game on the badge screen for 10 years and finally saves and turns it off... because you totally didn't buy the game to actually... I dunno... HAVE FUN?... seriously the only use for the trainer card is so you can see how much money you have, how many times you've won/lost, traded, how long you've played... besides that the badges are just a thing to help you advance in the game... who cares what they look like?

Back