• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

They really should create a _____ ball!

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
Years
  • At this rate, we'll be encountering Pokemon and then scrolling through pages and pages of Pokeballs to find the best one. :p

"Oh! A Phanpy! I think I'll use a Mud Ball on this one! *scrolls* *scrolls* *scrolls*"

Phanpy:... -.-'' *checks time*

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • Veggie Ball - Works better on Pokemon that are Herbavores.
    I dunno if that's work, because I don't know of any meat eating Pokemon,
    Music/Sound/Note/Etc. Ball - Works better if the Radio's playing. Perhaps a certain station, depending on the Pokemon?
    Oh, and Carnivore Ball (:

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Trick Ball - Catch rate varies on how you press the buttons on the game when the pokemon is inside the ball) (ie Left on D-pad + B)

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Dex Ball- The more types of Pokemon the trainer has caught, the more effective this ball is.

Baby Ball- Has a higher chance of catching Pokemon that are not evolved.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Shiny Ball- Has a 1 in 100 chance of turning the captured Pokemon into a shiny Pokemon. Extremely hard to find!
    There's no point in the ball having such a small chance of turning a monster shiny, let alone making it hard to find (so also unbuyable, I presume). At that rate it's about as rare as getting an already shiny Pokemon. Might I suggest instead a 1 in 25 chance and that it be attainable in the same manner as the Premier Ball? That would be to say, per ten ultra balls (which are relatively expensive) bought at a certain ship gets the player one shiny ball.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
    Years
  • There's no point in the ball having such a small chance of turning a monster shiny, let alone making it hard to find (so also unbuyable, I presume). At that rate it's about as rare as getting an already shiny Pokemon. Might I suggest instead a 1 in 25 chance and that it be buyable (but expensive)?

Well I assume that if PokeBalls had ratings, it'd be just under the Master Ball in Rarity/Awesomeness. But, maybe Shiny Pokemon aren't as awesome as I thought, but, at any rate, how could a ball change the Shininess of a Pokemon? I thought it had to be 'born' shiny?
    Nonetheless, I'd have it at the least 60% of changing a Pokemon shiny. Highest at about 85%. But, as I said before, I'm probably overestimating how awesome shinies are (:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Gender Ball: If the opposing pokemon are of the same gender, increase capture rate by 0.1% 5%

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • What about something like a Totter Ball? Its sole purpose is that it has a higher chance of capturing Spinda. It would infuriate the curious few to no end.

"Player used the Totter Ball!
    That Pokemon isn't Spinda! The Totter Ball exploded!
    Pokemon fainted! You just wasted P1000!"

Player: o.e

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • How about a Shiny Ball which had a 100% catch rate on shiny Pokémon? So you could keep one as a backup in case you find a powerful shiny pokémon and all you have are Pokéballs.

Also, the Meme ball. Works better the more mudkips you have.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Persona Ball - Increases the chance of the Pokemon have the same nature as your Pokemon.

Edit: I'm so stupid, natures are preset. But it would be hot if the ball changed the nature once its caught into the nature of your lead Pokemon or the one out when you caught it.

Last edited:

Rileyslucario

Brownie lover
    Years
  • There's no point in the ball having such a small chance of turning a monster shiny, let alone making it hard to find (so also unbuyable, I presume). At that rate it's about as rare as getting an already shiny Pokemon. Might I suggest instead a 1 in 25 chance and that it be attainable in the same manner as the Premier Ball? That would be to say, per ten ultra balls (which are relatively expensive) bought at a certain ship gets the player one shiny ball.
    This is untrue, it's probably as rare as the master ball, and shinies are EXTREMELY rare, so even then, this would probably be only a 1 in about 1500 chance. Shiny chance: 1 in 8500. That's five times the chance. So, this ball is actually very very helpful.
    And if they could be otbained as easily as you said it was, the chance of getting a shiny would be around 1 in 300. Too many shinies.
    My suggestion is that there's only one, and you get it like you normally get a Master Ball-just a pack with a Master Ball and a Shiny Ball. Here are my Poke-Balls:
    Egg-ball: If the Wild Pokemon is in the same egg-group as the Pokemon you sent out, catch rate is enhanced by 2.5 (0.5 better than Ultra Ball, like the difference between Great ball and Poke Ball.)
    Partner-Ball: If you're battling two wild pokemon at once (e.g. You and Cheryl in Eterna Forest) then this ball makes a copy of itself and catches both Pokemon at once-that is, if they don't escape. These only are sold at the city with the 2nd or 3rd gym, or right before the first partner-thingy. It costs 3/4 the price of a Great Ball.
    Trusty-Ball-Like Partner Ball, it catches two Pokemon at once, but also multiplies the catch rate by two. You can buy these at the Pokemon League and Battle Frontier places only. This costs 4x the price of a Partner-Ball.
    Crawl-Ball- 3x boost on four-legged Pokemon.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • Berry Ball-Increases Chance Of Catching Wild/Event Pokemon That Hold Berries (4x)
    Light Ball-Increases Chance Of Catching Wild Pokemon Under 100lb By 2.5x
    Heavy Ball-Increases Chance Of Catching Wild Pokemon Over 750lb By 2.5x

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • A few more:

Cure Ball- The caught Pokemon is healed from their status condition (similar to the Heal Ball (or whatever it's called), but cheaper. :))
    Guard Ball- Easier to catch Pokemon with high defense. :)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    OBJECTION! We already have a Heavy Ball. Kurt makes 'em out of Black Apricorns.

Plenty of nice ideas. I like the Meme Ball. Inspired by, but not necessarily related to it, I've come up with the Field Ball, which works better when used in normal tallgrass. P1000 Tallgrass is now one word for me.
    In the same vein, Cave Ball, works better in caves, Surf Ball, take a guess, and Sand Ball, works better on a beach or in a desert area.

Black Aprikörns: Best band name ever.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Dominance ball: 4x catch rate if the Pokemon is caught within a trapping move such as Whirlpool.
    Sky ball: works better on Pokemon that are using the moves Fly and Bounce.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • hmm
    Leaf Ball -better chance of catching a grass type
    Magnet Ball - Better chance of catching steel types
    Lava Ball- Fire types
    Spring/Torque Ball-Better chance of catching if the pokemon has higher speed stat

Poison Master

Poison'd You.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    Hard to find pokeballs ( Only One )
    Slime Ball - If used on a poison pokemon, Sp.Atk +20 , Sp. DEF. +20 , Sp. Def +20, if used on a orginary pokemon ( must have one slot open to use ) , the pokemon has a 1/100 chance to become poisoned, randomly threwout the game. ( Pokemon Centers will work, but it will come back, and also it has 100 percent catch rate on anything. )

Stance Ball - If used on A pokemon, the ball has 1/250 chance to grant that pokemon A new stance, that can't be obtained threw breeding, or the wild, also it will gain a stat boost on a random stat +20.

Normal to find pokeballs ( Will put how to obtained them )

Stack Ball - THis balls catch rate is increased by 5% for every level the pokemon is higher than your own. ( This can be obtained by buying 10 Great balls. )

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • They should make a Master Ball catches any pokemon you throw it at and never fails.

Oh wait.....

Back