• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

things people say you are tired of hearing

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
  • Is there anything people say that you are tired of hearing ?
    for me it is:

-Sometimes we have to stuff we do not want to
    yes but not everytime
    -Family help Family
    not as often as someone decides they want something
    -they are child
    yes and needs to learn they can't get what they want everytime
    - That is so unfair
    well life is unfair

so what about you ?

Orifiel

Priestess
    Years
  • "Keep up and eventually it'll work out!" different from Jap but that's how I translated it.
    Anyways, I keep hearing this from my friends yet they don't know my situation but rather why don't they just tell me what to do than saying this like this, I know this type of words are to cheer me up and stay calm to think. But it's not really working.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    "Boys will be boys."
    - Yeah, and boys should learn that being a boy isn't an excuse to do whatever the hell you want.

"My life sucks/Life sucks."
    - Everyone's life sucks in some manner or another. Maybe you should look on the bright side more.

"They're just a child."
    - When I was their age I knew better. If you use that excuse, again, they will do whatever they want knowing you will excuse their behavior.

"I can't draw/I suck at drawing."
    - So try harder and practice more. Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere fast.

and many many other things.

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
    Years
  • "You're so lucky."

I am so tired of this. I work for what I get, it's not just handed to me. Luck has nothing to do with it.

RedWarrior702

Returning to the community!
    Years
  • "You're so lucky."

I am so tired of this. I work for what I get, it's not just handed to me. Luck has nothing to do with it.

I hear that way too often.

Here's one: "It is what it is."
    Did you really say anything productive just now?

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
  • "you are so tall. do you play basketball?"
    AAAAAAGH. I just HATE when people tell me this. dang. What! Do people expect EVERY dogone tall black(in my case halve black)male to play basketball. I HATE SPORTS PEOPLE. I am not like other guys. god.

"suck....."
    you know the rest. I hate when people say this. makes no sense plus i hate that word. bleh.

"You should cut your hair"
    Another annoying one. god. Everyone saying I should cut my hair. god. why do people think males should do this and do that. golly

as for what people say that isnt directed to me. I dunno really. dont pay attention to too all the crap people say lol

Sirfetch’d

Ha, there are so many things that I could write about here that I am sick an tired of hearing because it seems that there is something new to add to this list everyday. However nothing makes me more annoyed to here than "you need to act your age." My parents probably tell me this at least 10 times a week and it is so annoying because to me, I do act my age. I am a little hyper and carefree, but that is just part of my personality and I have no intentions whatsoever to change that. I don't think that it has anything to do with me not acting my age.

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
  • "Grow up."
    Y'know, maybe I don't want to. Cuz it sucks.

"Running is easy for you because you have long strides."
    Then why am I one of the worst on the cross country team? Running is certainly not easy for me, even with my "long strides."

"Who are you?"
    ...how do I even answer this? I'm a human being, homo sapien sapien, residing on the planet earth, and am currently being asked a very stupid question. Who are you?

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    "Think about others more."
    The only time where I will is when I'm out of this hole that I keep digging.

"I've got a job, why haven't you? / Get a job!"
    I was actually barred out of a place because I knocked the guy out cold for saying that to me. It's one of the most nastiest things to say to those who are unemployed and are actually trying to look for work.

"You only live once."
    Seriously, how would you know that? No one actually knows that. I get sick of hearing this.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Possibly everything in the world someone says to me has a retort from me, but more than often I cover it with a more suitable response. That's why I don't really think I have anything that I can account for saying in this thread, but oh well:

"You should concentrate more on studies, your future depends on it." (And all variations that have this similar gist)

Yeah, I get I'm a school kid and I'm sure most adults understand how it would have been had they focussed on their academic studies with more priority (honestly I get that), but leave me off and get that I also have a life. I mean, it's OK to get brooded over by everybody forcing me to pick up the book, but I don't want to be expected to act as a total slave and do nothing but study (in most cases, this is the gist), so I do have a lot of resentment against this (common) statement.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • "You're so lucky."

This 100% and "you have it so easy!"
    No I don't, and no you don't see how much I have to work and struggle every day. I make a lot of sacrifices to get to the places I want to be in life and it's never smooth sailing.

And "Damn, you're short."
    WOW! This whole time I never noticed I was under 5ft! Thank you for enlightening me.

Years
  • The worst one for me at the moment is:

"All boys are the same"
    "All girls are the same"

Does my head in massively.

Years
  • I second the "boys will be boys" saying, only if you let them...

"you have nice stuff, you must be rich/have it easy"
    No, i worked and saved hard to be able to buy nice stuff

(From middle aged men)"darling/petal/sweetheart"
    I am not your darling, you are a complete stranger, don't call me that. (though i don't mind so much if its from an old gentleman)

Back