• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things That Grind Your Gears!

Years
    Accidentally clicking yes when asked if you want to give a nickname to freshly caught pokemon and you don't have a nickname in mind.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
    - Double Team / Minimize spam
    - Surfing
    - Status effects that take forever to wear off
    - Accidentally pressing the B button when my Pokemon is evolving (lol rip me)
    - Lumiose City's goddamn camera angles
    - Parafusion (Paralysis mixed with confusion)
    - WALLACE'S GYM IN OR/AS

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Milotic.

The sheer sight of one, I summon a good counter as soon as possible and BLAST that **** out of eternity. That is what you get for killing my first catch in my first Nuzrun, you doofus.

PageEmp

Years
    Spoiler:

And I managed to not get a single Steelix when grinding my Gastrodon. Switch to Tropius? Steelix.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Deoxys is a huge bag of dicks. He flings an asteroid at the Earth because "reasons" and is a pain in the ass to capture.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Some things that grind my gears in Pokemon games:

- Status ailments. Nothing is worse and frustrating than having your pokemon confused, put to sleep, paralyzed or poisoned. :c

- You couldn't get away. This is another huge issue for me. It drives me nuts because I'm trying to find a certain pokemon, and this comes up about two or three times! It's just... ugh... SERIOUSLY?!

- Gym Leader healing. This is another thing. Just when you're about to have the winning hit, they go and use a fricken super potion or something. It's even worse when they've almost got your pokemon down as well. XC

- Evasiveness moves/protection/stat lowering spam. These really make it hard as well. Though, it's not that much of a big deal. I do hate the moments when pokemon use protect over and over... or at least try to. It lowers the power points of your moves if they don't hit. :c

- Failing to catch Legendaries. HOW DO YOU DO THIS PEOPLE. SERIOUSLY. I always have a hard time with this because I end up either killing it, or they end up killing me. XC

There's probably more, but that's really all I can think of so far.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I think this is a problem that not a lot of people have, but a huge frustration for me is when I click the wrong damn move. I do it all the time!
    Other frustration is when I continually click the "A" button at the doctor while the Pokemon are being healed and keep pressing it when she's done so it re-initiates the conversation.

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
    -Moves that lower stats
    Spoiler:

-Harden!!
    Spoiler:

-Pokemon that won't get in the pokeball
    Spoiler:

-Pokemon faints from crits
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Wulfric's gym puzzle- sometimes it me forever to figure out the first part, the second part is pretty easy. But man that first part sometimes me 10 or more minutes to figure out.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    Low accuracy moves always hit when the opponent uses them. I just caught a Poliwag in a horde in Pokemon X, and every time one used double slap it hit me every time. Why do the opponents have unfair good luck? And every time an opponent uses a protecting move it works every time. Like in Chuggaaconroy's lets play of Emerald, an opponents Pokemon used Detect 5 times in a row and it worked everytime.

Last edited:

PageEmp

Years
    Not a gameplay complaint, but I hate writing beginnings I hate writing beginnings I hatE WRITING BEGINNINGS I HATE WRITING BEGINNINGS.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
    Years
    In gen 6 TV episodes always seem play in a certain order. I especially hate it when I watch TV in one house and then when I go to another house, the same episodes I watched in the other house play in the exact same order

Years
    I am not a fan of ice puzzles in some of the Gyms. Wallace's in particular being the worst offender since you have to walk on all the ice blocks only once, and don't get me started on sliding through those snowballs in Candice's Gym.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
    I can't stand Generated Pokemon. It's extremely annoying to finally get your team to where you want them by wild capture/breeding/trading and whatnot, just to get into battle with person after person with not just one or two "perfect" Pokemon, but a whole frickin team. Like I'm gonna believe that EVERY SINGLE TEAM full of 6 IV, Perfect EV, Shiny, LV 100 Pokemon is absolutely legit, yeah right.

I know I'm gonna get some kind of backlash for this from all the "well we do it to fill the dex"ers, and the "We do it for giveaways"ers, well, I'm NOT talking about you, so please, don't even.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    - Gen 4's high encounter rates.
    - The amount of sea routes in Hoenn. Although, traversing Hoenn is lot better in OR/AS thanks to the eon flute.
    - Brendan trying to help in OR/AS when I don't need it.
    Brendan: Want me to take you to the Petalburg gym?
    Me: No way! You just gave me the go goggles. I've got a Trapinch and a fossil to find. Stop helping me!
    - Accuracy reducing moves.
    - Chatot in Mystery Dungeon Explorers. Don't get me started on the perfect apple quest!
    - Speaking of Mystery Dungeon Explorers, I don't like how you can't evolve your starter or partner until you've done every story quest meaning that once you've evolved, you don't have much left to do apart from optional missions and getting every Pokemon. One of the reasons I like Rescue Team better is because you're given the option to evolve any Pokemon after the credits roll and you still have other story missions to do.
    - Having to trade certain Pokemon while holding certain items in order for them to evolve. I don't mind if they don't need items because you can just ask for them on the GTS.
    - Shiny Pidgey in Gen 6 compared to its older sprites.

PageEmp

Years
    Edit: Okay, here's a real one: I am playing this hack called Glazed. In Glazed, you can learn freaking LEAF BLADE by just paying $1000 to a move tutor in a city. I used it for my Riolu(aka my starter for that game) because I thought that i wouldn't get a decent grass type. But then guess who was my encounter for the latest route?
    Spoiler:

Also in my X run, I have to rely on a single mon for coverage against electric, fairy, steel, and to a lesser extent ice mons. That would be my Steelix, and I have a rule that anybody who exceeds the starter's level by 3 levels must be permaboxed, and she is currently at the starter's level. But luckily Steelix is good.

Last edited:
    Back