• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that just don't make sense. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    I've noticed, having re-played most of my games, that there are some on-going traditions in the games that don't make any sense. Here's some of the things I've noticed:

1. The Fisherman who has 6 Magikarp. Who the hell thought that this would be a good idea? Crap experience, and the battle takes forever. Sure, you can OHKO them, but still. 6? What's more is that he seems to stalk you through every region and then chooses a spot near some water to silently wait until a new region is discovered. Why?

2. There must be some kind of off screen scene where, at the beginning of the game, your Mom gives you a Police Master Key, giving you the ability to unlock anyones door. Am I the only one who's noticed that the hero can simply wander into people's houses without knocking? If some kid came barging through my door, the first thing I'd say wouldn't be: "DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME POKEMANZ CAN ONLY EVOLVE BY TRADEZ??!!11!!!11". It would be more like: "What the heck do you think your doing? Get out of my house you ignorant ****!"

3. Koga's Gym. Koga's Gym is supposed to be Poison, right? The trainers all have Psychic types, with a few Sandslashes and Arboks dotted here and there. What's with that? Were the designers high when they came onto this Gym? "HeY GuIs3 l3tz g1v3 tEh TrAiN0rZ PsYcH1c tIpez lololololololololol". I don't get it at all. I thought they would correct this for Gen 3. I was wrong.

So yeah, discuss the things that don't make sense in the games. I know there are plenty ore than the ones I've listed.

Last edited:

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Wow, I actually agree with all 3 of those =D
    What never made sense for me was the fact that Typlohsion can learn Iron tail Tm, have you seen his tail. it's like 1cm long!
    They kept this through to D/P/Pt and although it can be useful in battles I hope it is removed for HG/SS.

carter756978

Bass Player
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2013
    Wow, I actually agree with all 3 of those =D
    What never made sense for me was the fact that Typlohsion can learn Iron tail Tm, have you seen his tail. it's like 1cm long!
    They kept this through to D/P/Pt and although it can be useful in battles I hope it is removed for HG/SS.

You're worried about typhlosion? entei can learn iron tail without having a tail lol

and yes i agree with most of those except i dont mind the walk into houses thing

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Alakazam gets Iron Tail too. That's just freaky.

The size of the regions and the low number of people there don't make a whole lot of sense either. It's way off. Plus the huge number of Pokémon in such small routes- sustainability should be impossible. Also, houses that don't have any doors, though I think they've been cutting back on those, haven't they?

And here's one- in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you arrive in a truck. How did the truck get out of town without going through the trees or running people over? Heck, where are all the other wheeled vehicles?

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    The thing that really doesn't make any sense to me is that people seem to be constantly amazed by Pokémon and not know how many of them there are...despite the fact that humans and Pokémon have been living together forever according to the history. "lolol my Magikarp evolved into a Gyarados omg how amazing is that!!!" Yes, dear, they've been doing that for centuries now, calm down...>.>;

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
    If some kid came barging through my door, the first thing I'd say wouldn't be: "DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME POKEMANZ CAN ONLY EVOLVE BY TRADEZ??!!11!!!11". It would be more like: "What the heck do you think your doing? Get out of my house you ignorant ****!"
    OMG! I was totally thinking the same thing just yesterday and when i was reading your post i was laughing like mad

Last edited:
    Years
    im with all of you, and another thing!!! WHY SO MANY DAMN GEODUDES AND TENTACOOL! There are to many, i mean, every 5 steps or swims "a wild geodude appears!" or "A wild Tentacoll appears!" ITS SO DAMN ANNOYING! RAAAA! lol, i just like yelling like that for sertant reasons, but seriosly, its annoying.

Years
    Geodude? Geodude is damn rare in caves, you're mixing it up with Zubat. Sometimes i go through let's say Rock Tunnel and meet 3 Pokemon in there that arent Zubat. But i dont think it would help to exclude Zubat or Tentacool for a Regional Dex, just something else would take their place as most annoying Pokemon...

Oh, and some HMs also dont make sense. How can a little bird called pidgey or spearow or whatever carry a pokemon game protagonist who weighs maybe 30 or 40 kilos? Same thing for Surf.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    Here's one thing I don't understand, who keeps dropping pokeballs on the floor with items (Some really important or valuable) stuffed inside? People in the game are really careless.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    2. There must be some kind of off screen scene where, at the beginning of the game, your Mom gives you a Police Master Key, giving you the ability to unlock anyones door. Am I the only one who's noticed that the hero can simply wander into people's houses without knocking? If some kid came barging through my door, the first thing I'd say wouldn't be: "DID YOU KNOW THAT SOME POKEMANZ CAN ONLY EVOLVE BY TRADEZ??!!11!!!11". It would be more like: "What the heck do you think your doing? Get out of my house you ignorant ****!"

This has been present in pretty much any RPG since the beginning of time. Play a Final Fantasy or Tales of title and you'll notice it. XD

I like how in GenI and GenII games, Team Rocket decides to give up their entire criminal enterprise because their leader lost a battle to a ten-year-old. Why not just brush it off and keep being evil?

Actually Giovanni deciding to reform in RBY makes a LOT more sense than the newer Executives from GSC just deciding, "lolz, I lost a pokeymonz battle to a ten-year-old...maybe I shud stop being bad, kthxbai." and then disappearing. >_<

At least Team Aqua, Magma, and Galactic realized how stupid their ambitions were before deciding to disband, but seriously, why did GSC's Team rocket fail so hard?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Geodude? Geodude is damn rare in caves, you're mixing it up with Zubat. Sometimes i go through let's say Rock Tunnel and meet 3 Pokemon in there that arent Zubat. But i dont think it would help to exclude Zubat or Tentacool for a Regional Dex, just something else would take their place as most annoying Pokemon...

Oh, and some HMs also dont make sense. How can a little bird called pidgey or spearow or whatever carry a pokemon game protagonist who weighs maybe 30 or 40 kilos? Same thing for Surf.

Geodude? Rare? Geodude are in practically every cave, and make up half the pokemon (the other half being Zubat of course).

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    And here's one- in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, you arrive in a truck. How did the truck get out of town without going through the trees or running people over? Heck, where are all the other wheeled vehicles?
    And you're not disturbed by the fact that they just threw their kid in the back of a moving truck like he was just some piece of cargo?

I don't get how the Day-Care man in GSC doesn't realize how those eggs get there. Wouldn't it connect at some point that those eggs only come when a male and a female are at the daycare center? Maybe he's not watching them, but that would raise the question on why he's even running a daycare center, and what's stopping your highly-agile Pokemon from simply jumping the two-foot fence surrounding the daycare center.

Team Rocket doesn't make sense either. When you're committing crimes, why do you insist on following the rules of a Pokemon battle? Wouldn't a real gangster just shoot the kid and/or Pokemon? Come to think of it, where are the cops?

Everything in the region revolves around Pokemon. There are no stores that sell normal food. There are no bathrooms to speak of. How humans sustain themselves in these regions is a huge mystery. Apparently, however, not as big as the "mystery of Pokemon" which has distracted every single college-educated proffessor from curing cancer or something.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    This thread is funny.

Here's what confuses me. How come everyone wants to battle with YOU, but don't battle each other. Sure, there was that one part in GSC but that's IT. You walk in between 2 guys who are staring RIGHT AT EACH OTHER, but don't do a blasted thing until they see YOU. Seriously, double u tee eff?

Steelix8

The Undertaker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2014
    Hmmm...how about sane parents letting their 10-year-old children travel the world all by themselves with no company but a pet that lives in a tiny plastic ball?

I think the premise of pokemon makes little sense :P.

Hassamu

Beamin'
    Years
    Sinnoh doesn't make sense.
    How come Battle Zone is just as far North as Snowpoint and yet doesn't have a cold climate?

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    How are some Pokemon like Crobat undiscovered in Kanto? If Golbat evolves through happiness, then are they loathed in Kanto or something?

Also, why is Kanto the only place with a grave site? Do Pokemon only die in Kanto?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Hoen has a grave site. In fact, the only region that I know for sure that doesn't have a grave site is Johto.

If Golbat evolves through happiness, then are they loathed in Kanto or something?
    If you have ever met a player who has traveled through Mt. Moon, you will see that it is an astounding "YES".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back