• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things that you don’t want in the upcomming DLC

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    There is the thread on stuff you want and now here is thread to discuss things we are hoping aren't gonna happen in the upcomming DLC.

For me, I just really think this should have as little similarities to gen8's DLC as possible. The first thing I'm hoping for is that the two new sibling characters are not version exclusive trainers like the version exclusive trainers from the gen8 DLC. I just don't wanna play the exact same game again but reskinned.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    The main thing that I don't want with my DLC is more glitches. Lol I know this post sounds like a joke, but I'm serious. The DLC pre-order has already been confirmed to cause some people to lose their save data and it's not even officially out yet. I hope Game Freak puts in some extra love and care in this DLC to ensure that it runs smoothly. Other than that, content wise, it's hard to say what I don't want. I am at the point where I just desperately need DLC so that I have a complete game. Anything extra is good enough for me.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
    Years
    I'd say the first part of the DLC releasing in Autumn of this year makes me feel a little confident. But if i had to think of something i DON'T want to see in this DLC...

It just being a glorified rehash of Sword & Shield's Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra. Which is what PageEmperor practically already said.
    Version exclusive characters is already a dumb idea to begin with.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I second the no bugs. I am afraid to turn on my S/V after finding out about the corrupted save files thing going on for those that connected to Pokemon Go with their game (allegedly).

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Legendaries. Stuffed way too many into Crown Tundra. Practically had a 50/50 chance at stumbling over a Pokemon and finding a legendary. Prefers not to see Paradox legendaries either.

An EXP Charm that you cannot turn off. Could probably enter the Elite Four at even level and be on par with Geeta's team by the end with it.

Wiglett hide-and-seek.

Glitches. Would not have thought to say that independently, but yes.

Pokemon constantly harassing you. Looking at you, Sharpedo. Accepts small doses of that (see: Veluza). Please not the whole sea this time, however.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Legendaries. Stuffed way too many into Crown Tundra. Practically had a 50/50 chance at stumbling over a Pokemon and finding a legendary. Prefers not to see Paradox legendaries either.

Pokemon constantly harassing you. Looking at you, Sharpedo. Accepts small doses of that (see: Veluza). Please not the whole sea this time, however.

YES! If we're reducing the Pokédex - apparently to 400 in the base game, expanding to 600 in DLC, which to be fair is a very good number - there's no need to cram almost every legendary ever created. I got into Pokémon at Gen III and I love the Weather Trio, but I was unhappy to find that Kyogre and Groudon are in the coding for SV as I'd find it interesting to see a competitive scene without them.

The biggest fix I would like for SV so far - other than the save corruption / deletion issue - is to simply reduce the amount of areas in which Lokix is encountered. I was having so much fun exploring, but all around the NE of Glaseado Mountain I'm just being harassed and constantly being forced into battles. Espathra is bad for coming out of nowhere but at least its less common (so far, only done the East side of the map) whereas Lokix is very abundant. Saw a concept for a future Paradox Sharpedo - I wouldn't mind being chased by robo-sharks a bit!

Years
    I don't really mind any of the things stated before, I would accept most of them in the new DLCs. On the other hand, I can't accept any other bugs and similar stuff like Sweet Serenity said.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Even though I know this isn't going to happen, I definitely could live without new regional forms of old Pokémon, thanks. I'd rather prefer for mega evolved forms to come back, instead.
    I also hope for no Regi- or -uno-dos-tres trio.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Idk, I won't get the DLC, anyway. I guess anything that retcons stuff that happened in the basegame.
    Not true, no special charizards in gen 7 as far as i know
    One of the Poke Rides in gen 7 is called Charizard Glide. Do I need to say more? ;)

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    I Don't know what I Don't want, but i know what I want. Ingo and Emmet to reunite again. (although I think Gamefreak has already forgot about that)

Last edited:
    Back