• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Things you hate about gaming in this day and age.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    How did you manage to get your Yellow to fit into the DS properly? They dont fit. Anyway, quality graphics is one of the best ways to connect with the best of todays technology.

I think he just meant it as an example of what happens.

Everything I hate has already been said, mainly the graphics over gameplay problems which some companys have.

Using an emulator, of course :P

Vendak, that makes no sense at all. Having a 360 or PS3 doesn't make anyone a "game freak". They are mainstream consumer consoles, not niche gaming devices! What gave you that idea??

Certainly not having one doesn't make you "poor" either. Some people have better things to spend 250GBP on!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Even in this thread I've seen things I don't like. But I won't go there. XD

I think Jeremy hit the nail on the head for me, because a lot of what he said I also hate.

But my biggest prob with gaming these days is fanboys, and also ones that won't even give other consoles/handhelds a try just because it doesn't have the company brand on the front/side of it. Not only fanboys who go "OMG my XBox 360 pwns your kiddie Wii!" but ones that won't even give another system a try just because it isn't from their brand. I love Nintendo, I started off with a Nintendo console (the SNES), but I'm not going to go "Well... I want to try Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts... but I'm not going to do it because it's on a Sony system". You know what that person is? That person is a fanboy. I can understand saying "Well, I just don't got the money to buy a PS2/3 for just a few games.". But if they don't want to cross console lines just because it's a Nintendo system, or a Sony system, or a Microsoft system then they are fanboys. I own all 3 current gen consoles and both current gen handhelds, this isn't coming from someone that owns just one console, this is coming form someone who owns and plays all three (and I'm not trying to boast or anything like that). Being a game or system fanboy will hurt only one person... you. Do you think it's hurting me that you won't play Kingdom Hearts but you want to? Do you think it's hurting Square that one less copy of their game isn't sold? Do you think it's hurting Sony that one less PS2 is sold? If you want to play such and such game, have the extra money to get it, if you don't get it, don't give it a try, then you're the one hurting, you're the one missing out on that game. You might have your Marios, Sonics, Halos, GTAs, and so on, you might have had them for 2 or 3 or even more gens... But did having a Mario and Halo game ever cross your mind? You have a prob with a Wii because of the Nintendo logo? Go print you off a 360 or PS3 logo and tape it over the Nintendo logo, that'll fix your prob. Same goes for the other consoles and handhelds. If it's just a logo that's stopping you from getting a system to play games you want then cover it up or put another logo over it. Because I think it's stupid to let something as little as a logo/brand stop someone from playing games they want. "But Arcanine, I hate Nintendo for screwing Sony over with the N64 CD drive/I've always been on a Nintendo system, and always will/The XBox has the best online I might have played MGS1-3 but with the 360's online I don't need to play MGS4", congrats, you're a fanboy.

That's my biggest prob with fanboys. Both ones that run their mouth all day, and ones that won't even give another system a try. If gaming dies I'll be there blaming fanboys, ones that blindly bash a game or system, and ones that won't give others a try.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Even in this thread I've seen things I don't like. But I won't go there. XD

I think Jeremy hit the nail on the head for me, because a lot of what he said I also hate.

But my biggest prob with gaming these days is fanboys, and also ones that won't even give other consoles/handhelds a try just because it doesn't have the company brand on the front/side of it. Not only fanboys who go "OMG my XBox 360 pwns your kiddie Wii!" but ones that won't even give another system a try just because it isn't from their brand. I love Nintendo, I started off with a Nintendo console (the SNES), but I'm not going to go "Well... I want to try Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts... but I'm not going to do it because it's on a Sony system". You know what that person is? That person is a fanboy. I can understand saying "Well, I just don't got the money to buy a PS2/3 for just a few games.". But if they don't want to cross console lines just because it's a Nintendo system, or a Sony system, or a Microsoft system then they are fanboys. I own all 3 current gen consoles and both current gen handhelds, this isn't coming from someone that owns just one console, this is coming form someone who owns and plays all three (and I'm not trying to boast or anything like that). Being a game or system fanboy will hurt only one person... you. Do you think it's hurting me that you won't play Kingdom Hearts but you want to? Do you think it's hurting Square that one less copy of their game isn't sold? Do you think it's hurting Sony that one less PS2 is sold? If you want to play such and such game, have the extra money to get it, if you don't get it, don't give it a try, then you're the one hurting, you're the one missing out on that game. You might have your Marios, Sonics, Halos, GTAs, and so on, you might have had them for 2 or 3 or even more gens... But did having a Mario and Halo game ever cross your mind? You have a prob with a Wii because of the Nintendo logo? Go print you off a 360 or PS3 logo and tape it over the Nintendo logo, that'll fix your prob. Same goes for the other consoles and handhelds. If it's just a logo that's stopping you from getting a system to play games you want then cover it up or put another logo over it. Because I think it's stupid to let something as little as a logo/brand stop someone from playing games they want. "But Arcanine, I hate Nintendo for screwing Sony over with the N64 CD drive/I've always been on a Nintendo system, and always will/The XBox has the best online I might have played MGS1-3 but with the 360's online I don't need to play MGS4", congrats, you're a fanboy.

That's my biggest prob with fanboys. Both ones that run their mouth all day, and ones that won't even give another system a try. If gaming dies I'll be there blaming fanboys, ones that blindly bash a game or system, and ones that won't give others a try.

You probably didnt like something I said but they are the factors that annoy me but sorry if I offended you or anyone else for that matter! ^.^

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I'm honestly sick of two things.

1 + I'm sick of the constant need for people to feel superior in the video game industry. All three of the consoles currently out offer something to the table in their own unique way. There should be no war because each system is made for a different audience and a different gamer.

If we go by sales, the Wii is winning because of all the families buying them and all the elderly homes. Nintendo has ALWAYS been geared towards a younger audience, no matter what you think. The Playstation 3 may be lacking in sales, but it has superb graphical capabilities and already seems to be getting a decent lineup of games (LBP, MGS4, etc.). And the Xbox 360 is geared towards providing the gamers with solid and amazing games for mostly the teens to mid-twenties age group. The Xbox 360 pumps out amazing games monthly and I'm shocked that I still haven't gotten some of them.

So, basically I'm sick of the fighting. Each console is different and unique and each offers their own pros and cons. There should be no argument over the a better console, since they're too unlike each other to have any sort of war about them.

2 + AND I hate that most game companies are in the business to make money. $59 for a video game is ridiculous. Yes, the game cost millions to make, but you'll be getting all that back in product sales. The disk only costs $10(probably less) to make. It's just ridiculous to pay that much for something you'll probably play for a few months, then never pick up again. :/

MyLittleShop

Click my eggs for free events
    Years
  • Nothing =)...Gaming nowadays is amazing.

Yeah really... with all this advance gaming... it can only get better. The only dis-like i may have is that Nintendo is considered the lowest of the three (Nintendo, Sony, Misrosoft), which is totally wrong...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im a big nintendo fan and all but most of the online games they release are too limited.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah really... with all this advance gaming... it can only get better. The only dis-like i may have is that Nintendo is considered the lowest of the three (Nintendo, Sony, Misrosoft), which is totally wrong...

Hardcore gaming-wise, Nintendo IS the weakest of the three. A very large portion of the Wii and DS's game library is shovelware.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Some of what I dislike about gaming this day has already been said, such as the obsession with graphics. Yes, technology is getting better and better but there have been some amazing games released back when everything was composed of two to four colours. People who complain about a game solely because its graphics aren't as good as what they could be annoy me sometimes because some of these people fail to take storylines, characters, etc. into account.

Sometimes I prefer popping in my Roller Coaster Tycoon disk over playing Crisis Core, you know? >:

Another thing that annoys me are close-minded people who are convinced that a certain video game/video game series is superior to all others, and are not willing to give anything out of that comfort zone a try. What comes to mind sounds horribly clichéd, I know, and perhaps not the best example, but Final Fantasy VII. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problems with the game itself; I think it's a fantastic RPG with a great storyline and an interesting cast of characters. However, what annoys me are the fanboys who are convinced that it's the greatest Final Fantasy game or RPG out there without even trying any of the other games in the series or genre. >: I dunno, I know a few people like that IRL and it gets on my nerves. I'm sure that Final Fanboy VIIs would enjoy another game from the series if they were a little more open to the idea. :<

Back