• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • What I'd really like the most is: ( condensed version and more accurate than my other posts )
    Hm system fixed
    Move tutors ( maybe not shards again, but some system )
    Gym and E4 rebattles ( to remain in the château but also be in gym )
    New champion ( my least favorite champion of the series, although the battle background and music was nice )
    More mega evo's
    Shaking grass make a return, more 6th gen evo's in the wild... so much base evolution was available vs evolved forms, I actually can't think of any pkmn evos that were available on the wild of the 6th gen besides Sligoo, spewpa, clawitzer, dragalge... that's all I can think of

King Zelos

Blame Your Fate
    Years
  • For starters, more CLOTHES! While I love that they finally added personal character customization, I would have loved if they added a couple of more options. More hair cut options also wouldn't hurt.

In terms of actual gameplay, I'd like to see more Pokemon animations. While they did make leaps and bounds over the older games in terms of animation, I'd like to see them take it a step further.

Besides those two things I can't think of anything else. They did such a fantastic job with the O-Powers. EV Training, Breeding and IV's have all been stream-lined for the better, thank the nine for that! Having not played the series for over 6 years myself and getting back into the series now with X, I can say they have really outdone themselves this time around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I want a ''Pokemon Z Animated Promo'' !!!
    And A high-school student as the new E4 champion who wear a gray-blue Gakuran with only one button in place , a T-shirt underneath and Headphone !!!
    Like this-
    Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • A new region. I want to see more regional inter-connectivity.
    If they can make so many regional references in the game which is boring, why can't they add physical connectivity among the regions much like Kanto and Johto.
    I'm not liking the random "faraway region" that they have taken off with after Generation 2.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2013
    Here's a couple of things I'd like to see:
    1. More post game - I can't stress how important this is to me. HG/SS was just about perfect IMO.
    2. Bring back Contests, Pokeathon, or design something entirely new - I love battling, but some Pokemon favorites aren't as "competitive" as some would hope. This way, people can use their favorite Pokemon no matter what. Not to mention, it's a lot of fun with friends! Dressing up your Pokemon, mixing berries, it makes a good alternate for battling.
    3. More clothing - I LOVE customization! The more the better!
    4. Battle Frontier - Why did this go away in the first place? I found most of the gimmicks fun!
    5. Red needs a cameo at the minimum - It's Red, 'nuff said.
    6. More Megas for Pokemon in need - Some Pokemon could use a Mega, or at least another evolution.
    7. More Wi-Fi options - I like to Multi-Battle, problem is that it's very difficult to find 3 other people that are willing to battle. Why isn't it an option in the Battle Spot? Also there's no Wi-Fi option for the Battle Maison. -_-
    8. Move Tutors - Where'd they go? Are you telling me trainers in Kalos need to fly to another region just to get their Salamence to be tutored Aqua Tail? lol
    9. More music options in Battle Maison - Why not include the same list from online? I like the 5th battle theme.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Without a doubt, these things should be added:

• A new or at least unlocked part of the region.
    • More stuff to do post-game. I'd like to see something like another league off the coast of route 12 or something.
    • Some more interaction with the 2 male rivals. I was really excited to see more rivals, until I saw that they only showed up in rare cases.
    • More new pokemon! Although I was kinda expecting more old pokemon than new, I think they should follow with more new pokemon in a new region.
    • More OBSCURE pokemon mega evolutions! The majority of the mega evos to date are just beefed up version of already powerful pokemon. I want to see some of the more obscure pokemon getting mega evos, like Yanmega or Breloom, some of my favorites.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I sure hope there's going to be a third version of the 3ds PKMN games. :3
    I enjoyed PKMN X so much that...I got really REALLY FREAKING DISAPPOINTED of the lack of post-game things to do. =/
    I'm now just levelling up some potential Pokes for a new team while hatching eggs hoping for hatchlings to be shiny.

Anyway, here's my wishlist of the things I want to see in the third version.

• Turn on/off the skates. I love to run around holding the B button and using the circle/whatever-it's-called pad.
    • More post-game content. Seriously... PKMN X/Y's story was really good, but after the Elite Four, nothing. None. Fin.
    • More Pokémon from old gen/regions. Pokémon Bank's coming up, but it's kinda nice to find a few old Pokes in ze wild. :3
    • ...Skarmory before Victory Road? xD
    • Ability to rechallenge trainers, for training purposes. =/
    • Zygarde(?) having a story. Really. My bros, when we first found it, we were just like, "what is this thing and what does it do?"

SidDays

Professional Lurker
    Years
  • Megas for the more obscure pokemon please. Vileplume, Sunflora, Luvdisc, Noctowl, are great candidates.

New items. (Trick Room, Gravity 8-turn rock PLEASE)

Do something about the weather nerf/or at least make the Terrain field moves a little viable.

(unpopular opinion: as annoying as they were, bring divecats and copycat riolu back)

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • What do I want to see if there ever is a Pokemon Z (and I'm sure there will be):

Removable hats (why have the ability to alter your hair if it's covered?)

More options for trainer customization (More hairstyles, maybe the ability to modify the trainer's general body shape and size?)

Although I have only 7 badges in Kalos right now, if there really is so little post-game content like you guys say, I would like more post-game side-quests in Z.

Kai Hirogame

The Mechanic
    Years
  • Give the option for Pokémon to have an "Outside of Battle" movepool.

Example: you can teach Surf to your Pokémon as an Attack Move (can still be used outside of battle but takes up 1 slot of Battle Attacks) or as an Outside Move (Move can't be used in Battle, only in the overworld).

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I'm hoping they add in a few more Pokemon. Nothing legendary just maybe 10 or so. Even-though that seems unlikely. I think a few more megas would be nice *coughMegaFarfetchCough* and maybe a way to make the mega evolution perfect. Although I would rather see a Ruby and Sapphire remake than a Z version.

I want a ''Pokemon Z Animated Promo'' !!!
    And A high-school student as the new E4 champion who wear a gray-blue Gakuran with only one button in place , a T-shirt underneath and Headphone !!!
    Like this-
    Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

So a persona character? I would like that actually :D

Last edited:

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
  • Like a lot of people have said, the lack of post-game activity was quite disappointing.
    For example, we had two random legendaries to catch and all of a sudden the three kanto birds are running around and woop woop Kiloude Town.
    To me, it didn't really make much sense.
    What the hell is Zygarde doing? I guess, sure, it'll get explained in Pokémon Z, but it has no explanation for why it's there. None at all. It's just there.
    Same, actually, goes for Mewtwo. Mewtwo makes even less sense than Zygarde.
    Why the hell is a Legendary Kanto Pokémon just hanging out in a cave in Kalos? Isn't Kalos meant to be ages away from Kanto? It honestly feels like it was just thrown there for another Legendary to catch, and they gave it two Megas to make it seem relevant.
    Same goes for the Legendary Bird trio. I have no idea why they're running around Kalos. Nobody even tells you about it, either.
    At least in Platinum Oak showed up and was like 'oh how strange articuno zapdos and moltres are running around go have fun catching them'.

The other thing I wasn't so keen on?
    The Rollerskates. They were cute as a novelty, but I kind of expected them to be used more. I mean, I used them like once to get an item that I sold seconds later. It's a nice gimmick, but more often than not they ended up annoying me because I couldn't get into a doorway, and it was slightly uncomfortable using the D-Pad.

More Kalos Pokémon.
    I was actually really disappointed with this. I went to Nuzlocke this, and I found that I had precisely one Kalos Pokémon half-way through. My starter. I don't know if this was just bad luck or whatever, but I bought X&Y to train Kalos Pokémon. Not the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova Pokémon (that I do love, don't get me wrong). Plus, the game was...easy. I don't know if I'm getting older, smarter and better, but this game was just...easy. I remember in other games having to buy 20 revives and 20 hyper potions for the E4. I did the same here. I used about 5 of each. Throughout the whole thing.

Also, I felt like the whole Mega-Evo thing was a bit passive. I didn't feel any need at all to Mega-Evolve any of my Pokémon at any point. They were just strong enough without it. In all honesty, I would have preferred if we weren't able to get any Mega-Stones until post-game, and there would be some high-level Battling place that would have Trainers who used Mega-Evos. Also, the whole 'research' thing felt a bit redundant. I don't think we ever actually did any research.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I think there could stand to be just a few new Mega Evolutions, not too many; I'd personally like to see a Mega Shuckle, though I can't think of what to change about it (other than improved stats, obviously) off the top of my head.

I'd also like to see a few more specialized battle facility challenges, like the Little Cup from Pokémon Stadium 2; I think it'd be a great way to give some unevolved Pokémon some love, especially the ones who work differently from their evolutions (Doublade, for example).

Unlike most people, I actually don't really feel the need for there to be a Move Tutor like the ones in HG/SS and B2/W2. Instead, I think most Pokémon should be able to learn all of their moves via level up (including level 1 moves that have to be relearned), TMs, and egg moves; I like when there are just a few Move Tutors that teach specific moves, like Draco Meteor and the elemental recharge moves.

Other than that, I'm pretty content with X and Y.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What the hell is Zygarde doing? I guess, sure, it'll get explained in Pokémon Z, but it has no explanation for why it's there. None at all. It's just there.
    Same, actually, goes for Mewtwo. Mewtwo makes even less sense than Zygarde.
    Why the hell is a Legendary Kanto Pokémon just hanging out in a cave in Kalos? Isn't Kalos meant to be ages away from Kanto?

Giratina and Kyurem never had any explanation either at first, then got explained later. Guess Game Freak likes to do that or something.

And its getting pretty difficult to keep up the whole "you're in a region thats really far from the other regions" thing at this point. The world is only so big, and there seems to be plenty of sea between the regions, so Kalos has gotta be near one of the previous 5 regions. Especially considering its not a large island like Hoenn or Sinnoh is. For all we know, Kalos is to the north of the Kanto/Johto continent or is connected to Unova.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    - Have there be a terrain/ setting to online battles......they look so drab in that matrix-esque room.

- Customize your character's appearance (to a much more considerable degree than you currently can).......I'm sick of being one of these cookie-cutter anime kids.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2014
    -First and most importantly, I would love if the game were like a combination of the game it is now and Animal Crossing, where the seasons change and there are special events on certain days and something new to find every day, it would give way more incentive to keep playing every day other than catching them all and training.

-Like almost everyone has already said, let there be WAY more customizing options, including clothes, hair styles and colors, eyes, skin that can change and makeup that we can keep, and choose to remove hats and bags. Also it would be nice if we could change our bike color.

-Of course more post game stuff... I was honestly expecting to go to that new region that the traveler man was always talking about.

-Every pokemon to be obtainable in the game instead of having to trade..

-More pokemon amie mini games and activities.

Chefboyartoro

Chef of the S.S. Anne
    Years
  • DLC would seriously be so amazing! there's so much potential...

I really would like to revisit fortree city xD

seriously though, i miss the heck out of hoenn.. lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • -First and most importantly, I would love if the game were like a combination of the game it is now and Animal Crossing, where the seasons change and there are special events on certain days and something new to find every day, it would give way more incentive to keep playing every day other than catching them all and training.

-Like almost everyone has already said, let there be WAY more customizing options, including clothes, hair styles and colors, eyes, skin that can change and makeup that we can keep, and choose to remove hats and bags. Also it would be nice if we could change our bike color.

-Of course more post game stuff... I was honestly expecting to go to that new region that the traveler man was always talking about.

-Every pokemon to be obtainable in the game instead of having to trade..

-More pokemon amie mini games and activities.

They most likely would never do every Pokemon in the game, as one of the staples in the series is trade.

I noticed that the arrows in the Corriway Station sign forms a Z as there's a diagonal line connecting them...perhaps this is a hint that the station will have something to do with Z?

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    To those wanting to use the circle pad without the roller skates: turn the dowsing machine on and have fun.

The thing I want the most is a harder challenge, these versions were quite too easy.

I wouldn't mind if all legendaries disappeared, though. At least I'm glad they only introduced a few this time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back