• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Things you want to see in "Pokemon Z"

Pokemon Z?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    To those wanting to use the circle pad without the roller skates: turn the dowsing machine on and have fun.

The thing I want the most is a harder challenge, these versions were quite too easy.

I wouldn't mind if all legendaries disappeared, though. At least I'm glad they only introduced a few this time.

Aw, but I like legendaries. Although I do wish they'd let us catch some of the better ones*cough* Arceus*cough*, and not the friggin' Kanto bird trio for the hundredth time.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Aw, but I like legendaries. Although I do wish they'd let us catch some of the better ones*cough* Arceus*cough*, and not the friggin' Kanto bird trio for the hundredth time.
    I agree...the bird trio has appeared a lot...at least they changed up the capture method a bit with them roaming then finally setting in in one place...almost like a mix between how one encounters them in Pt and HgSs. Also they skipped out on generation V...after being in every generation except for 2...same with Mewtwo.
    I hope that in Z we get the Johto trio as they skipped out on V too...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I understand why the birds are available everywhere - they're birds, so naturally they're going to either be migrating or just adventuring to different regions - but a change of pace would be great. And that doesn't mean to the dogs again, that means things like maybe the Lake Trio (I don't know why they'd be away from the lakes but whatev) or something else that'd be fun to catch and reminisce with and not the same birds we've been getting for generations. ;_;

Leuram

Fox says what I say it says
    Years
  • I want the menu options to include a back button that can be selected with the arrows/circle pad so that us lazy one hand gamers who use L = A can use the facilities and still get the full Pokemon experience. It's such a drag to get halfway through something and realize you have to drop what your right hand is doing to exit the menu....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I understand why the birds are available everywhere - they're birds, so naturally they're going to either be migrating or just adventuring to different regions - but a change of pace would be great. And that doesn't mean to the dogs again, that means things like maybe the Lake Trio (I don't know why they'd be away from the lakes but whatev) or something else that'd be fun to catch and reminisce with and not the same birds we've been getting for generations. ;_;

I've been growing a little tired of seeing these birds in almost every regions, personally. What about the Kami Trio? These Pokémon roam around the sky, and possibly migrate as well. If they include them in Z (or whatever they wish to call it) instead of legendary birds, it'd be a nice change of pace. (: It'd be nice if they brought back Swords of Justice, too. Would be even better if they incorporated them into the story, somehow.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Well to be fair we right handed people already benefit from most of the buttons being on the right xD.

I would like to see the Kami trio too, they'll proably appear in "Z" like the Bird duo and Mew did in Emerald, Regi trio did in Pt, the Eon duo in HgSs, and the Lake trio did in B2W2...now if only they don't have it be an event like with the Emerald and Pt examples I gave...

I wonder which event legendary will get a forme (or Mega) a la Shaymin and Keldeo. I'm guessing the Rock/Fairy one since it's the cute one.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • For newer games, I hope the incorporate some way of not having to maintain the berry fields every day... perhaps you can leave Pokemon to take care of it (Water-type for watering, Grass-type or Ground-type to re-plant, and a type of your choice to fight-off any Bug-type that tries to eat the berries).

There is enough rainfall in the game that the berries trees should keep regrowing imo. The only choice I should have to make after planting is whether I want to cut one down for a different tree.

Stealth_MadAboutPokemon

The Ground Type trainer
    Years
  • The ability to challenge people to custom battles. I don't like that you only can choose 3 Pokémon in a Flat Battle etc. More options of battling, I suggest.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The ability to challenge people to custom battles. I don't like that you only can choose 3 Pokémon in a Flat Battle etc. More options of battling, I suggest.

I think there's a battle ruleset that lets you ues your whole party and sets all pokes to level 50.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    No "do you want to battle" messages. One of the things that got on my nerves was getting ready to fight my Rival or the bad guy, and them asking me if I want to battle instead of forcing it. I liked the unexpectedness of being able to be thrown into a battle at any moment from past games.

Relevant "Rivals". Shauna and Calem/Serena are the only ones really relevant. The other two didn't do anything even remotely meaningful or cool, they were just there.

More Aggressive Rivals. One of the things I liked about early games is the actual antagonist aspect of a Rival. You get fired up after you beat your rival and he tells you that you suck anyway, it's not as fun when they're like "Oh, your so much better than me". My Ideal rival system would be three or four that are serious about battling, but go about it in different ways, so you have (for example) the Jerk trainer, the surprisingly strong trainer who emphasizes on pretty pokemon, the strongest one who is kind to their Pokemon (Champion?). I'd also like to see one of these Rivals join the evil Team of that game.

More Post-Game exploration. There was only Kiloude town and... that's all? Nothing else in the region was really locked off before you beat the elite 4 (save a restaurant, Looker stuff, the last room of a cave and the one-room Mewtwo cave).

Event Pokemon. This is something I've always wanted, but I want to go to a town and have someone tell me there's a Pancham destroying stuff throwing a tantrum and I have to go calm it down (which I can then catch). Things like that to make me feel more connected to the world and immersed in it. It's happened once or twice before, but I'd like to see at least two in a game.

All of this. Basically, just use Gold/Silver/Crystal as a template. The development of the rival's personality from arrogant selfish jerk (not to mention a thief) to enlightened caring paragon was amazing in those games, and the post-game was phenomenal. If we could see and play through an entire region from a previous generation in 3D, that would be so awesome. Not going to happen, but we can dream.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2014
    I want a new game with all the regions and pokemon gyms. We are in 2013 now so there should be space for it on a harddisc to make such a game, I know there was a version which had two regions and 16 badges, but it would be more fun to have a game with all of them.

Years
  • Yes I agree with Chariz on that and I want the new game have some romance in it, where the hero/Heroine can date his/her rival and maybe date the enemy as we'll and join the enemy and the hero/Heroine can buy clotches and impress their date and become couple.

And I want the new game can have some choice dialogue, Where we can choice what the Hero/Heroine shall say

Years
  • What would be a huge blow to them lazy party poopers on the gts and at the same time a blessing to the people who are fans of honest gaming: gts pkmn profiles ( include nature and ability ) & trader rating system ( maybe like a 5 star, two color code system, if he has been upvoted enough he will have 5 gold stars, to prevent hacking: if he has had any down votes it will reflect on the amount of gold stars 1 stars: poor quality, yet reliable sometimes 5 gold stars: always reliable. On the opposite end of things if someone continues to lie about IV's or pokerus and gets down voted past the one gold star he will continue to work backwards from one red star to 5 red stars if the trader received his 5th red star for negative activity he will receive an infraction and be banned from the gts for a short amount of time: and any trader that has been banned will have a symbol marking there avatar that they have been. Also yo prevent ppl from just down voting others out of spite at random because they were down voted: you can only vote on people you have traded with and only vote for up to 1 hour after the trade was done.

A man can dream

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh really? Never seen that. But I only have got the game for 2 weeks now.

Yeah, I just checked, its the "Normal Rules" battle ruleset. All Pokemon are allowed, all items are allowed, all Pokemon are set to level 50, and more than 2 Pokemon can hold the same item. The catch is that you can only do this when battling with your friends or if you challenge a passerby/aquanitance.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Sooo, the idea behind the friendly passive rivals was to make the game friendlier, teach the kids to be friend yadi yadi yada, but tey were BORING.
    Also, I found the little rival (the nerdy one)´s house in lumiose, but they only tell you that they love him, blahblahblah... It would be nice if something happened, like with Bianca´s father...
    Also, the "evil rival" thing is prtty cool. Maybe they could even make a multi ending game, where you can pick to either be bad, good, evil or dead (?)
    Also, i love the word also =3

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Maybe they could even make a multi ending game, where you can pick to either be bad, good, evil or dead (?)

That would be awesome (memories of the Demon Path in Soul Nomad{<3})! Unfortunately, due to the series's E fo' Everyone rating and the fact that a large part of the target audience is still children, that'll probably never happen. But we can dream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back