• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Think those Team Rocket V.S Team Plasma episodes will air in the US?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Clearly it will be a while till we see them over in Japan, understandable of course. However, do you think the US will air them? We are getting closer and closer to the episodes, that's why I ask this. What do you think? I hope they do, it'd be a first time the US got some thing before Japan.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    We also got the Mastermind thing before Japan as well, I think.

I've been wondering this, too. Will they not air it out of respect for Japan? Will they just think that the whole thing is "old news" and American children won't make the connection between explosions in the anime and the disasters in Japan, anyway? I hope they will air it, it's the only episodes I've been interested in watching for a while. We didn't get the Whishcash episode when Japan had earthquakes and they decided not to air it, so my hopes aren't high...I suppose it depends on whether Japan decided to send the US those episodes.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I answered a question like this in the FAQ thread,

As great as that would be, there are still those doubts. Like if you take into account the hoenn episode "Shaking Island Battle! Barboach VS Whiscash!!" - that episode didn't ever air in japan because of the earthquakes happening in japan. And once it came to airing it in the US, they skipped it. Though, since at the time 4Kids were handling the anime - maybe TPCi will handle it a little different.

But I guess it would be great anyway, like Jorah said - we did get that Mastermind special.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
    Years
  • I doubt they will air it before the Japanese version as it doesn't seem like a mere filler episode. I assume the producers want it to air in Japan first.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Wasn't that Master special English to begin with? They wanted to test the new voices? LOL They had Ash out of a character a bit too, his friends were about to die and Ash rescues a Pokemon instead and doesn't careXD

Years
  • As others have said, yeah, the Mastermind was specifically for English viewers, so it isn't the same thing.

TPCI has aired episodes out of before, like the Riolu two-parter. So, that probably will happen, especially if TV Tokyo actually gave the episodes to TPCI, as it didn't with 4Kids over that one Whiscash episode in 2004.

I think it will be shown eventually, if only because of it being plot-related. (If not, it would be the first plot-related episode to be banned, as all the others have been filler, basically.)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Moving this over to the main forum as it's not discussing the episode's content in particular.

That said, I'd hope they air it in the US rather than push it back. There are events that apparently happen within those two episodes that affects the storyline greatly. Mostly with Team Rocket.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I don't see that coming...
    Even if Japanese have those episodes made (I guess xD) they wouldn't want to give it to TPCI so it'd have it earlier :D
    But there's possibility of buying the pack of those episodes included...
    But I think it's very unlikely =)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't really have an opinion for this, except that I'm really hoping that this episode would be dubbed before BW024 ends.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Great thread, I've been wondering about this and posted about it somewhere.

No. As much I want and hope they air chronologically, I doubt it. It'll seem off since they didn't air it in Japan out of respect. I do think they should have aired it though, TV is becoming too PC. I know the devastation of the natural disaster but an Anime isn't poking fun at it or means to be disrespectful. *sigh* They should just air it soon.

Back