• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thinking Ahead: What kind of father/mother will you be?

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    I know what im going to be...
    I'll be like the coolest and awesomest dad in the world mwahahaha!!!
    Candy for dinner? No problem! Video games every day? No problem!

LOL! Nah... thats more like a fantasy to me... I dont really know what type of a dad i'll be... I just hope i wont be a bad one o.O

Zet

Years
    hmmm I'd probably a kind caring father looking out for my kids if they were gonna do something stupid but otherwise I'd let them make their own choices in life

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I would like to think that I wouldn't be strict and all that, but let's be honest, I'm sure that'd change when/if I have children. I certainly wouldn't want my kids doing stupid things, which they're sure to do.

But other than that, I'd like to be like, super accepting and all that. Someone my kids can ~talk~ to. Total opposite of my parents.

Mr. Curling Iron

u kujw bux :d
    Years
    Strict, but carefree. I know how much Young Adults hate it when parents get protective and scared of the big men with the guns in the world... Like.. Hello! It's not like my kids are their Target ==

She-Elf

Nyaa :3
    Years
    Paranoid and strict, hahaha xD
    No, kidding.. I think I will be the one they can talk to, I'm pretty open and I want an open family too. I don't want my children to feel that they can't talk to me and stuff.
    But I will be a little strict too. But not too much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2008
    I won't be hard on my kids, even though i will be a MLB player. I won't force them to do anything. I will expect good grades out of them. Manners. I will be as good a parent as I can.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    Defiantly strict, supportive, and somewhat controlling. I was surprised hearing that 30% of parents read what there children do online..no one does. But I'll just add another higher percent on that list. For a girl she needs to be athletic and male just plan un lazy. Both needs to run track and help people around them.

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    I will be strict, but not overly strict, I won't totally restrict their freedom, and they will get punished for doing bad things, just not in a physical manner, I have my brain, I intend to use it for things like this. I intend to be a really good father. Supporting my children in whatever they want to become.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    C and I will populate the Earth with many, many children. They will all be named after scientists, and all be able to recite the Periodic Table of Elements, including atomic weights to three decimal places. I will neglect them for my scientific exploits through the day, then come out at night to discipline them and take them out on their daily walks, which will be on a leash, and they won't be allowed back in the house until they can successfully recite the Table to a specific element, backwards for the older ones. They will be intelligent and innovative scientists who will almost outshine me, traumatised but talented, or else they'll be doomed to be my guinea pigs.

I don't want any children, ew, and in the catastrophic event I end up dumped with one, I imagine I'd be a Britney-Spearsesque mother, not with the whole hair or car thing, just neglectful and useless.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'd be such a terrible parent. Basically all my friends have agreed that I shouldn't be allowed to have kids. 8| I'd love to be the eccentric aunt that my brother's kids love visiting because she spoils them and lets them do whatever they want within reason, though. :D

But yeah, should I have kids, I'd probably raise them the same way my parents raised me except... well, I'd like to say "more structured" in the sense of schedules and not deciding things on a whim, but I was raised that way pretty much and I've yet to break the habit so I doubt I'd be able to with kids. <_< If anything it'd make things more hectic. And I'd be the parent from hell if my kid wasn't smart. D: I'd expect really good grades and if that doesn't come naturally, the kid gets to study their butt off. They'd probably hate me for that.

Most important stuff hopefully I'd be able to leave to my spouse because man I'd make an awful parent. 8|

Euphoric Magikarp

Magikarp ~<3
    Years
    Hmmm, I'm not to sure. I mean, at the moment I can't stand children and never want to spend an extended amount of time around them. But if I were to be one I guess I'd try to be more fun than strict.

Chihoko

Chi-Chan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2009
    I will try SOOO hard not to be a wierd mom. You know the ones who scare their kids freinds from coming to their house. But, no matter how hard I try I bet I'll end up being wierd. Especially if my children find out I have a pokemon fetish!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I would love to think I can be carefree and not being protective. Overall, honestly, I'll probably become protective. I really want to be an excellent parent, a great dad, and I hope I am. I'll probably have some protectiveness in me, it's human nature. I don't want to be extremely strict, nor an intimidating parent, etc. I just want to be a good solid father. Not too strict, not too protective, but take the necessary steps and such. (If any of that makes any sense) x_o

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I guess a good one, lol.
    I might be overprotective, my parents are and I kind of am to the little kids I know. Still, right now, I'm only 14 and I shouldn't be thinking of that.

Back