• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thinking Music!!!

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
  • Do You Have "Thinking Music"? Like When Doing Homework With?
    I Have -
    Final Fantasy Soundtracks
    Green Day (Stuffs)
    Some Random J-Pop On Shuffle Etc,

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I listen to something with a slow and concrete beat and lacking vocals when I need to focus, liek jazz or slow bluegrass or sumthn.

Ayselipera

I listen to classical or opera when I'm doing homework because songs with words keep me from thinking and instead I just end up singing the song. Plus I find classical/opera to be very relaxing.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
  • When getting homework done, the best albums are:

Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

and

Pink Floyd
    - The Division Bell

and

Shpongle -
    Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland

All very calming and invigorating albums. There aren't many lyrics either so you arn't distracted by some addicitive chorus.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Ironically enough, I just got done with my homework listening to music. It helps me concentrate. Like chewing gum.

I usually listen to Boys Like Girls, All Time Low, Forever The Sickest Kids, Hit The Lights, or some T-Swift.

Years
  • It's scientifically proven that music that is at 60 beats per minute with no words are best for studying and all that. When I study, or do homework, I usually listen to any of the following albums (they don't all fit the criteria above, this is just what I listen to):
    • An Accidental Memory In The Case of Death by Eluvium, which is piano instrumental.
    • Chulahoma by The Black Keys, which is a blues/rock duo covering the songs of Junior Kimsbrough, which in the style they play them are generally relaxing.
    • The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place by Explosions In The Sky, instrumental and relaxing.
    And other things. Those three albums generally work the best for me though.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • My 'thinking music' is Lux Aeterna, from the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack. The composer is Clint Mansell, and it's really epic.

Either that or Shimomura Youko's Scythe of Petals, Marluxia's battle theme from KH.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • Whatevers on Shuffle. Though probably something with not much lyrics cause they tend to distract me :S

Esmas

General
    Years
  • Yep, I usually listen to rock and metal instrumentals and video game music when I'm thinking/doing homework, since lyrics always to tend to force me to sing along. I don't care how fast or slow it; the faster it is, the faster I should do my homework XD;

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I have a bunch of electronica music that is cool-sounding but not distracting. I consider it thinking music because it doesn't try to grab my attention with lyrics or annoying melodies, and creates a nice athmosphere to work in.

Years
  • For me, music that makes me think . . are songs Enya, Celtic Woman, Sarah Brightman, Andrea Boccelli, et cetera.

It's so soft and soothing, and it helps relax me so I can do some of my best thinking. It's not what I listen to normally, but yeah.

[it just so happens that it's also the music that helps me go to sleep sometimes XD]

Back