• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    How so? I thought the 3ds system was strong enough. Besides i think it would give the game more space if we saved the game on the 3ds sd card. Of course they would have to keep the save anywhere feature

I thought he meant that it wasn't realistic to expect them to do something that would mean rewriting the animation sequence for 600+ different sprites, not that it would be impossible to change them.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021

I thought he meant that it wasn't realistic to expect them to do something that would mean rewriting the animation sequence for 600+ different sprites, not that it would be impossible to change them.

True, but if they used the models from the pokedex 3d wouldn't it be easier , and its not to outrageous to think they have drawn 3d models for the other pokemon would it? I wouldn't want to wait until 2014 to see 3d pokemon.

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    True, but if they used the models from the pokedex 3d wouldn't it be easier , and its not to outrageous to think they have drawn 3d models for the other pokemon would it? I wouldn't want to wait until 2014 to see 3d pokemon.

They could, but they'd also have to shift everything to a smoother, more detailed 3D so the Pokedex models wouldn't look too out of place.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Yes, the sprites as they are have a limit of feasible animation.

The sprites in BW are full of corner-cutting techniques - Some Pokémon are unchanged or almost unchanged sprites from DP, Platinum and HGSS, some are mixtures of old sprites, others are mixtures of new sprites with things copied from old ones and others are new sprites that are based off old artwork for the Pokémon. Relatively, only a small number of brand new sprites were drawn for existing Pokémon.

When you look at how many shrotcuts were taken just doing basic idle poses for all the Pokémon, drawing more brand-new animations for them to play in battle is pretty much impossible without suddenly conjuring up a lot more artists out of thin air.

It's why nobody makes fully animated 2D RPGs with detailed graphics and a massive cast of playable characters, which is what we're asking for.

Last edited:

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    What if they drastically changed things up. Instead of coming out with a ruby and sapphire remake they just come out with an emerald remake and pair it up with the third game?
    If they do that both games can have similar control interfaces and the same features ( ex. HG/SS controls and features were way better than platinum's) And you know how if you link black to white you can take people from black city and transfer them to white forest and Vice versa ? well what if in the games you can do the same but with trainers thru out the map.And what if when you complete both games you can transfer your characters and six of there pokemon ? And certain trainers can be battle , but all gym leaders can be battle to get the badges so you can compete in that regions pokemon league .( it would be more or less a tournament , but you will be able to battle the elite four in nonofficial battles )

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Seems like they would be losing money if they paired those two games together. They'd probably want to space them out so once the person gets tired of that game the new game is released. Not to mention having two versions have version exclusives which means people are either going to by one or maybe both to get other the pokemon which means more money for Gamefreak. I think it would be more sensible just to release Third version then go from there.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Seems like they would be losing money if they paired those two games together. They'd probably want to space them out so once the person gets tired of that game the new game is released. Not to mention having two versions have version exclusives which means people are either going to by one or maybe both to get other the pokemon which means more money for Gamefreak. I think it would be more sensible just to release Third version then go from there.
    I guess, but why does everyone feel that game freak is just a money hungry company that goes in the direction of making money instead of pleasing fans? I surly don't see them that way. I doubt that they will scrape good ideas because a lesser one could make more money.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Well, that would be because the two-identical-games format has worked for them and Nintendo for the past 15 years.

Also you can't make two different games and release them at the same time when it costs them enough time and money to make a single game as it is.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well, that would be because the two-identical-games format has worked for them and Nintendo for the past 15 years.

Also you can't make two different games and release them at the same time when it costs them enough time and money to make a single game as it is.

You can say its not likely but its kinda foolish to say they cant. Pokemon = 2nd biggest game franchise in the world so if they wanted to its 100% doable . Of course it would of have to been planed in advance so the finished product would brilliant. Do I think it would be a pretty awesome idea yes of course, do I think its gonna happen this generation i give it a 99% chance it wont, but that doesnt mean it couldnt happen in future generations

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Of course, they'll just pop all those developers, artists and designers out of thin air so they can make two games at once, why don't they!

But no worries, even if they didn't do that, nobody at Game Freak or Nintendo would have any problem at all with a company literally sitting on a finished game that cost them a lot of money to make, just so they can spend just as much time making another game and sell them at the same time, an approach which would likely net them a smaller profit than would have if you sell games individually, when they're finished like everyone else does.

Essentially though it is a very poor decision from a marketing standpoint. Why do you want to confuse customers by trying to sell them two things at once that look similar at first glance but are actually completely different? It's also playing poorly to the attention span of the casual customer - you want to release a game first, then wait until the hype around that dies down before you release your next game. Doing it this way means that you can capitalise on people's tendency to buy things when they're new and highly promoted. If you sell them both at once, you're forcing a lot of people who might only have the money to buy one game to make a choice, and later on when they have the money for another game they may as well end up choosing the latest game that's being promoted then instead.

Last edited:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I guess, but why does everyone feel that game freak is just a money hungry company that goes in the direction of making money instead of pleasing fans? I surly don't see them that way. I doubt that they will scrape good ideas because a lesser one could make more money.
    I don't think that fans would be too sad over the continuous Third Game and Remakes Formula. And if they did make Third Game and and Emerald remake, too me it would seem they would be rushing them since they want them out at generally the same time. Then that may lead to things going unfinished and left out of not only one game but both games. And too me to much of a good thing not spread out in moderation isn't that great for the long run. What are they going to look forward too then between those two games being produced and 6th Gen? I'd assume spin off upon spin off, which isn't to reassuring for me.

I hope the third version tells us what's in that mysterious black ship in Castelia city...I think that it might have something to do with Ghetsis...
    Not only that but elaboration on stories of not only the characters but also origins of some of the Legendaries especially Kyurem. Like whats the point of Anthea and Concordia. Are you just going to give us the briefest of brief backstories and heal me and that's it?

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Of course, they'll just pop all those developers, artists and designers out of thin air so they can make two games at once, why don't they!

But no worries, even if they didn't do that, nobody at Game Freak or Nintendo would have any problem at all with a company literally sitting on a finished game that cost them a lot of money to make, just so they can spend just as much time making another game and sell them at the same time, an approach which would likely net them a smaller profit than would have if you sell games individually, when they're finished like everyone else does.

Essentially though it is a very poor decision from a marketing standpoint. Why do you want to confuse customers by trying to sell them two things at once that look similar at first glance but are actually completely different? It's also playing poorly to the attention span of the casual customer - you want to release a game first, then wait until the hype around that dies down before you release your next game. Doing it this way means that you can capitalise on people's tendency to buy things when they're new and highly promoted. If you sell them both at once, you're forcing a lot of people who might only have the money to buy one game to make a choice, and later on when they have the money for another game they may as well end up choosing the latest game that's being promoted then instead.

I clearly said if that was there plan they would of made time to do it. And you talk like you know what your saying , but you have no facts to back it up just your opinions.
    And chill with the sarcasm, and just tearing down peoples speculations , with all due respect your coming off as a douchebag. And i sure thats not the case and your a very well rounded individual

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Oh right those two really do need backstories...and how did they meet N...he's said to have been raised with little human contact...Hey maybe they will battle the player to prepare them to battle N (after healing you of course).

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Oh right those two really do need backstories...and how did they meet N...he's said to have been raised with little human contact...Hey maybe they will battle the player to prepare them to battle N (after healing you of course).

Yea i Think all of N's crew should be able to battle you. I mean thhe sages look tough.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I clearly said if that was there plan they would of made time to do it. And you talk like you know what your saying , but you have no facts to back it up just your opinions.
    And chill with the sarcasm, and just tearing down peoples speculations , with all due respect your coming off as a douchebag. And i sure thats not the case and your a very well rounded individual

Watch your language there. While the user may be finding flaws in speculation, that's the whole point of the thread, it's for discussion - someone says something, and you either disagree (and explain why) or agree with their opinions. As long as he isn't flaming you, it's generally not an issue. If you don't like how he responds to your speculation, then ignore it, you don't have to reply. If you'd like to continue discussing this, then send me a PM.

Either way... I don't think you'll get to battle those two characters. I think the only point they'll have in the third game is to further the backstory, because they really don't seem like trainers. Juniper however, I wonder what it would be like to face her, considering all she has is a Minccino. :x But really if anything, they probably looked after N when he was a kid, exposed him to a few of their own weak Pokemon (like you're exposed to Minccino!) But trainers, nope not seeing that. More cutscenes of N's childhood I do see though.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Oh right those two really do need backstories...and how did they meet N...he's said to have been raised with little human contact...Hey maybe they will battle the player to prepare them to battle N (after healing you of course).

Not only Ghetsis and N, but also the other 6 sages. I also want gamefreak put a somekind of side story and more interaction between gym leaders.

Years
  • I think it'll be Pokemon Grey, with Kyurem as the mascot. Black and white together make Grey, and I've heard something abo9ut Kyurem being related to the other two dragons. Also, Kyurem, Zekrom and Reshiram have eachothers' eye colours so they must be related. A possible back-up may be Genesect, but that is very unlikely.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I have a feeling that N, Ghetis the 6 Sages and the Shadow Trio will have a bigger and longer role in the third game, mainly the Shadow Trio.. we have yet to discover the mystery behind them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Something tells me that they might keep the shadow triad mystery a mystery for some time.The other seven sages were said to be as strong as Gym leaders so maybe when you spot them they challenge you with Pokemon at the same level you just beat for example the first sage you meet (other than Ghetsis) has pokemon as strong as the Chili, Cress and Cilian (as he appears after you beat those two.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back