• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
    So, I finally made it through the Electric Cave last night, and came across an interesting line from N, relating to the titles.

Now, my Japanese is rudimentary at best, but he definitely said this at one point:
    Spoiler:

Is that a hint to the title of the third game? I'll let you guys decide.
    A few friends of mine and I have been speculating the third version game would be Gray, but nice find on that hint. Also, that line is so N. :P

I'm actually not looking forward to the third game being called Grey. It just sounds too plain for me, sorry to say. ;__;
    Gray is kinda plain I guess, but eh I won't be mad if that's the case. Then again, I'm not too picky with the game names. XD

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Also, that line is so N. :P

Why do I think that line will also reach meme status someday? :cer_laugh:

More on-topic, I'm hoping the cover art for the third version is slightly more vibrant. The whole black-white-gray connections are interesting, but it feels so...bland and monochrome! :disappoin I was thinking something along the lines of this, except possibly with a bluish tint instead and utilizing the 'grids' on the boxes of BW... :)

Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think it'll be checkered brown/red. D:
    (Which btw, is a terrible combo imo ;;)

Or... grey checkers? :(

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I didn't like the idea of the third game being called Grey, but now that I understand the plot of Black/White I can't imagine the third game being any other way. N sees the world in Black and White...and wants to make the world Black and White, wiping out the "grey" areas. The player is basically fighting to keep those grey areas in the world.

The problem is...why did they already put the Pokemon that represents "grey" in Black/White? They should've saved it for the third game..like they did for Rayquaza and Giritina.

I'm hoping for more N in the third game. I love him so much! Sooo excited <3

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    The problem is...why did they already put the Pokemon that represents "grey" in Black/White? They should've saved it for the third game..like they did for Rayquaza and Giratina. <3

Rayquaza was in Ruby/Sapphire. Giratina was in Diamond/Pearl. They were just post E4 and, to a degree, out of the way, same as Kyurem is.

I think that Kyurem is the opposite of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom used to be, and that together they represented Energy and Wuji. When the dragon split into Zekrom and Reshiram, Kyurem was somehow damaged by that.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    Rayquaza was in Ruby/Sapphire. Giratina was in Diamond/Pearl. They were just post E4 and, to a degree, out of the way, same as Kyurem is.

I think that Kyurem is the opposite of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom used to be, and that together they represented Energy and Wuji. When the dragon split into Zekrom and Reshiram, Kyurem was somehow damaged by that.

Oh, really? Wow...it's been so long I guess..I really can't recall Rayquaza and Giritina being in the first games. Sorry about that lol.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I'm thinking that Grey is the way to go.

So, in my head, Kyurem is what's left of the dragon that split, having sort of a Heartless/Nobody relationship with the other two. And the new form is not all of them rejoined, but maybe normal Kyurem imbued with some of their power/essence. Or something.

...Hey. If we have Yin/Yang/Wuji, and Yin and Yang also represent heat energy and electrical energy (maybe with Victini representing nuclear, as unfortunate as that may be), does that mean Pokemon now has a god of entropy in Kyurem? Best pantheon evar!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    How...can you have a grey rainbow? XD
    Though that does sound a lot better if it is grey. They might scrap that all together and have a see through cover (creepy).

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I would like to think it will be a mainly grey pallet with small, dull rainbow tinges and highlights.

Kind of like the way diamonds sparkle in the light, you know?

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
    How...can you have a grey rainbow? XD
    Though that does sound a lot better if it is grey. They might scrap that all together and have a see through cover (creepy).

By getting a rainbow, then change its colour to monochrome. This wil result in diferent shades of grey.

Alternatively, it could be grey in the centre, with one side checkered into white and the other checkered into black. White could be on the left side.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    By getting a rainbow, then change its colour to monochrome. This wil result in diferent shades of grey.

Alternatively, it could be grey in the centre, with one side checkered into white and the other checkered into black. White could be on the left side.

Yeah like that. Only the chances of that being on the coverr is like 0.0000001% :P

It really depends on what Kyumeru (or whatever it is called) difference form looks like. I am guessing it will remain Ice type, so maybe an icy cover?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Who said that there was going to be a third game as well?

Let's see...
    Pokemon Gray? That actually sounds quite monochrome... xD
    I'd rather agree with the rainbow idea up there because when white light is split, it gives us the colours of the rainbow. I hate physics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Mabye itll be called Pokemon Grey? Or Something? I havnt played black or white so i cant awnser anything else cause im english only

Years
    Nintendo filed a patent for Pokemon Grey about 2 years ago, in early 2008, right before PT was released in North America. So I think it's safe to assume at this point that Grey will be the name of Version number three.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    3rd Version to Bring new Evos/Pre-evos?

Well, I just saw that it was Pokemon Platinum that gave us the new evolutions and pre-evolutions that many of you detest. It not only added an extension but redid the Pokedex to suit the National Pokedex. Even though it is said that there are only Isshu Pokemon in Isshu, the eco-system is different and all, and that all the Pokemon already have their National Dex numbers without any gaps, there could still be a possibility that a surprise revelation awaits us. Ken Sugimori did say that 10 artists worked on 17 Pokemon each (or vice versa, please correct me) which equals to 170 and only 156 were revealed to us. Is there a secret 14 that we don't know of?

What are your thoughts about this? Do you like the possibility of new Pokemon coming about, new evos and pre-evos at that, or have you moved on from the idea? Do you like that there's a chance of 14 new Pokemon that we don't know about, or is the number to small for you to believe?

Discuss.

Also, I've accepted that Mamambo =/= Luvdisc evo. They don't even look that much alike x)

Note to Mods: Please move to Third Game Speculation if a whole thread isn't needed for this.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't see how it could be possible, how would trading those new pokemon to Pokemon Black, White work? They'd need to be coded into the game....which they're not.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It was perfectly possible to obtain Rhyperior, Mismagius, Tangrowth, Mime Jr, Munchlax etc in Diamond and Pearl.

As previously stated, implementing any new Pokémon data into the game would cause issues with backwards compatability with Black and White, resulting in Pokémon that could only be traded or battled between the one game.

You'd get new formes, at best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back