• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It has never happened and it never will. What would happen if you lost?
    The idea has too many flaws in it and besides, why would they make it like that if it's never been done before?

I hope in [Grey], some Pokemon previously inavailable, such as Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Deoxys and so on will be catchable.

Well, I'd hazard a guess that it would work exactly like every other event battle in Pokémon, in that losing the battle just resets the event to exactly as it was before you fought them and everyone suffers from chronic loss of short-term memory.

Repeat until you win.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I just hope this game has some monster graphics... I've seen what the 3DS is capable of.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I heard Pokémon Crimson was copyrighted? I think that could be the name, rather than grey/gray, actually. If it is gray, I hope they use grey for the UK version :P
    Anyways, Kyurem will be the mascot almost definately, I guess.
    And I kinda hope it's released slightly earlier than 2 years later, but maybe not 7 months. I don't actually mind, though :P
    Actually both Crimson, and Grey were copyrighted when Black and White were so it could be either :)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Well, I'd hazard a guess that it would work exactly like every other event battle in Pokémon, in that losing the battle just resets the event to exactly as it was before you fought them and everyone suffers from chronic loss of short-term memory.

Repeat until you win.
    And what if you can't win?
    Let's face it; the idea is pointless and it will never be implemented.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    Speculation is fun, so I'll give this a shot:

~ Maybe for the third version's "exclusive city" can be reminiscent to a slightly higher-tech Gatlinburg, Tennessee [I can't post links since my post count is lower than 15]. Except that it snows regardless of the season.

~ I'm quite disappointed at the lack of Iris as the 8th Gym Leader in my preferred version [Black], but you can't just throw poor ol' Shaga away. A double-battle including them both would sound fabulous in the as-of-yet unnamed third version.

~ Obviously, some storyline changes must be needed for the introduction of the new mascot. I'm obviously in favor of a certain dragon with a beastly BST of 660 due to my choice of the "exclusive version city" motif. Perhaps he can hide in a cave near the peak of the highest mountain. Not creative, I know, but it's the best I can come up with surrounding Kyurem's typing and/or theme.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i think it will be called pokemon gray, and the ice dragomn dude will be the mascot

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Just like everyone else has stated so far, Gray :D

I would be suprised if they came up with something, different, better and original.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm pretty sure that there would be a third game. Following the normal pattern of non remake Pokemon games, there always seems to be a third games which tends to any glitches or overall problems and enhances the feel of the story, too.

As for the name: I hope GameFreak don't make it too obvious (Grey), They should make it cool such as: Pokemon 8-bit Greyscale or Pokemon Sepia; the latter probably being the better of my two ideas. =P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I could actually see that happening. Seeing as Black and White already has a large difference in graphics, having the third game have that look for the 3DS would be ideal.
    As for the name Pokémon Gray, I...don't have anything to say of this name. It's as generic as Black and White, but it doesn't come off as well as Black and White in my opinion. If they do happen to come up with something different I would only hope it still relates to those two colors, and have a fitting name for the mascot they use. Which has me think, if we knew what the mascot was going to be for the third game (if there were to be one to follow the line, anyway) we might change our view on what the name would be.

Years
    I could actually see that happening. Seeing as Black and White already has a large difference in graphics, having the third game have that look for the 3DS would be ideal.
    As for the name Pokémon Gray, I...don't have anything to say of this name. It's as generic as Black and White, but it doesn't come off as well as Black and White in my opinion. If they do happen to come up with something different I would only hope it still relates to those two colors, and have a fitting name for the mascot they use. Which has me think, if we knew what the mascot was going to be for the third game (if there were to be one to follow the line, anyway) we might change our view on what the name would be.
    Well most of us think it will be Kyurem and he has grey parts of his body similar to how Giratina had Platinum colored portions...
    Ha, it seems like if Kyurem is the mascot and it is grey than only Rayquaza and Suicune are fully the color of their game...(Emerald green and Crystal blue)

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Next 5th generation Game ( may or may not happen )

if you pay attention when you battle kyurem you will notice that he has the same battle theme as reshiram and zekrom so the next game could be plotted around kyurem like in pokemon platinum where the game was based around giratina. What do you think?

Years
    if you pay attention when you battle kyurem you will notice that he has the same battle theme as reshiram and zekrom so the next game could be plotted around kyurem like in pokemon platinum where the game was based around giratina. What do you think?
    Yup Kyurem is the Rayquaza or Gen 5 I beleive, there is just too much proof for this that some of us brought up earlier in this tread that links to Kyurem being the third mascot :)

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    So, look what I just found: link.
    It was posted before Kyurem's reveal, so at first glance it seems like a debunked rumour.... but is it? Is it really?

That 2chan user got Kyurem's typing right, now take a moment to go over what's been speculated about Kyurem. Does the "God Stone" ring a bell? Maybe "the Giratina of the 5th Gen." makes you remember something... Something about Kyurem having a second form?

All rumours, sure....... But maybe not for long.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back