• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Game Freak have said lots of things before.

At this moment in time,when they've yet to even release their latest game around the world, Game Freak are not going to say anything regarding the existence of a third game - especially when they were being interviewed mainly to sell the first two games.

There's a lot of stuff in BW that was either unfinished or unutilised they're clearly not going to sit on and never come back to.

e: Seriously, man. Even hinting that they're gonna release a better version in a couple of years is the dumbest thing you could do to advertise Black and White.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think you're right after all they are just showing the BW commercial here where I live...saw it a couple of minutes ago...why would they announce they are working on a third version...maybe they really aren't working on a third version but on some spin offs while they wait for BW to span the globe.
    I hope the third version shows more of N's backstory :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think they left out features for a reason i.e Battle Frontier & Gym Rematches & Gym Leader Sprites, I mean it's not like they forgot, its just a perfect excuse for a third game, which, IMO is good!

The Red Chain

Your statement is kinda outa context. serebii reported on it to calm people down not to validate the statement

lol why would you want things unexplained? lol
    I never said he validated it, I mean that he isn't totally and completely rejecting it either.
    What he said in my eyes basically means, "You guys are taking this a little too extremely. 5th gen has just started, it won't end this abruptly."
    But that doesn't mean the end of the 5th gen will be in the form of a third game to B&W either with the news that was stated.

We do have that Wii game coming, maybe this'll end up as our "third game".
    Because I like to use my imagination? D;

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I never said he validated it, I mean that he isn't totally and completely rejecting it either.
    What he said in my eyes basically means, "You guys are taking this a little too extremely. 5th gen has just started, it won't end this abruptly."
    But that doesn't mean the end of the 5th gen will be in the form of a third game to B&W either with the news that was stated.

Because I like to use my imagination? D;

oh ok i see. when do they usually start to announce the games?

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    We usually get solid confirmation on a Pokémon game about 4-5 months before their release.

We first saw Platinum and Heart Gold / Soul Silver existing around May of 2008 and 2009, both of which were released in September of their respective years, and Pokémon Black was first unvielded in April 2010, released in September again.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Third Game Speculation

I i wonder if they would expand the map for the 3rd version maybe for the battle frontier or a place similar to the resort area or sevi island

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Game Freak have said lots of things before.

At this moment in time,when they've yet to even release their latest game around the world, Game Freak are not going to say anything regarding the existence of a third game - especially when they were being interviewed mainly to sell the first two games.
    This - it has happened before, and the same thing happened then too - people made wild assumptions that there would be NO MORE POKEMON GAMES EVER. I wouldn't take this to mean the third game will not happen for sure, or any other sort of claim, simply because this has happened before anyway.
    I think it's unlikely - Game Freak likes to stick to the handhelds, where the supposed Wii game that'll (maybe) happen would likely be by another company. If it will have the same game mechanics as the main games (ie turn-based battling) then it'd likely by by Genius Sonority, the company which made Colosseum, XD and PBR and is still active as well, and have no direct relation to the games Game Freak make.

Years
  • Third Game Speculation

I i wonder if they would expand the map for the 3rd version maybe for the battle frontier or a place similar to the resort area or sevi island
    I'm guessing they would simply do what they did between the battle towers and the BF as they simply expanded the area around the tower to fit the other buildings ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As Serebii and I were discussing though, there is the fact that an interview with GameFreak (in Japan) had said that a third game would go deeper into N's history and reveal his name. Tackman also points out that there are items and attacks that would seem to coordinate with the third legendary, Kyurem, that are not seen in Black or White. Is this rumor busted? Probably. But it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.-pokejungle

well this is something to be said

Who interviewed GameFreak in this case? I actually am more likely to believe this than the other one, because I'd like to see why N is N's name. Like back to when we speculated he's nature...and...stuff. Plus yeah, Kyurem. XD;

Anyway back to third game speculation from me, because... I can.

I had an idea last night. Calling the third game Pokémon Plasma. Named after Team Plasma, set a few years after B/W, where team Plasma regroup with Ghetis and their aim is to fight N and claim Kyurem, but this time you're a team with N in every "major" battle. And N has to use Reshiram/Zekrom to defeat Kyurem. Idk, Pokémon Plasma just sounded nice. XD

Years
  • Going off topic to what you guys are talking about--

I hope that the 3rd Game (if there is going to be one) is Named: Pokemon Gray
    and we all know the mascot is gonna be the Dragon/Ice type (?maybe in a new forme?)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Personally with the big hoopla of Black and White restarting the Pokemon World anew, I'm praying for NO third game at all. If or when they need to, just move to Gen 6 and be happy with that. Officially in America, there is no Third Game to the first Generation as the three official Gen 1 games are Green, Red, and Blue (Blue being the third installment). Yellow Version for America was simply them rewriting the game to match the Anime as a Gimmick to sell more of both.

With that I know this is a bit off topic, but I don't see a remake of Ruby or Sapphire either. Ruby and Sapphire exist in the same time line as Red and Green/Blue so when Fire Red and Leaf Green were made, it made sense that they existed together. Later on Heart Gold and Soul Silver were made to compliment Diamond and Pearl which like the previous set, were held at the same timeline.

Black and White being a new start to Pokemon, doesn't match with either and Gamefreak is pretty much alienating the region from the others hence the no backwards trading until main story is beaten and even still the lack of previous Existing Pokemon showing up on Unova afterwards helps.

The news on the quote that was made by Mana Ibe stated that he himself dislikes the idea of a third game for this Generation.

I have the quote from the Spanish Site that did the interview:

"Historically, each generation games have added a third cartridge that certain developments, if Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum. Then asked a hypothetical issue "Gray" and if he would appear in 3DS. Ibe has been against the idea, ensuring that "Not at all. We finished this comes with Black and White version." fulfill its words, is this the only generation of this series without further editing."

Though the phases are a bit butchered thanks to Google translate, it basically means that they don't have any real intention of making a third to correct some mistakes like they did before or to create a new story based on info the game itself released.

Though this as I've seen raises question of how to get the two Ice attacks, well like Victini and Meleotta's hidden attacks, there will most likely be an event that unlocks them for a legendary (Kyurem) as Ancient Voice and V Generate do not have any one that can learn them according to their coding just like Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt.

You can easily take it as you want, but realistically speaking given all the proof that we have been, what he says has a 99% chance of being accurate and not a way to dodge marketing fault for the games that have yet to be released for the globe.

Years
  • Personally with the big hoopla of Black and White restarting the Pokemon World anew, I'm praying for NO third game at all. If or when they need to, just move to Gen 6 and be happy with that. Officially in America, there is no Third Game to the first Generation as the three official Gen 1 games are Green, Red, and Blue (Blue being the third installment). Yellow Version for America was simply them rewriting the game to match the Anime as a Gimmick to sell more of both.

With that I know this is a bit off topic, but I don't see a remake of Ruby or Sapphire either. Ruby and Sapphire exist in the same time line as Red and Green/Blue so when Fire Red and Leaf Green were made, it made sense that they existed together. Later on Heart Gold and Soul Silver were made to compliment Diamond and Pearl which like the previous set, were held at the same timeline.

Black and White being a new start to Pokemon, doesn't match with either and Gamefreak is pretty much alienating the region from the others hence the no backwards trading until main story is beaten and even still the lack of previous Existing Pokemon showing up on Unova afterwards helps.

The news on the quote that was made by Mana Ibe stated that he himself dislikes the idea of a third game for this Generation.

"Historically, each generation games have added a third cartridge that certain developments, if Yellow / Crystal / Emerald / Platinum. Then asked a hypothetical issue "Gray" and if he would appear in 3DS. Ibe has been against the idea, ensuring that "Not at all. We finished this comes with Black and White version." fulfill its words, is this the only generation of this series without further editing."

Though the phases are a bit butchered thanks to Google translate, it basically means that they don't have any real intention of making a third to correct some mistakes like they did before or to create a new story based on info the game itself released.

Though this as I've seen raises question of how to get the two Ice attacks, well like Victini and Meleotta's hidden attacks, there will most likely be an event that unlocks them for a legendary (Kyurem) as Ancient Voice and V Generate do not have any one that can learn them according to their coding just like Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt.

You can easily take it as you want, but realistically speaking given all the proof that we have been, what he says has a 99% chance of being accurate and not a way to dodge marketing fault for the games that have yet to be released for the globe.
    I don't think so...why would GF give up millions of dollars with not making a third version or remakes this gen...I think they said that only as a marketing device.
    Plus they left a lot out that hints towards a third version...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

I don't think so...why would GF give up millions of dollars with not making a third version or remakes this gen...I think they said that only as a marketing device.
    Plus they left a lot out that hints towards a third version...

There are no hints that aren't Fan speculated due to history with the games. They also wouldn't be losing out on Millions as they can make another game completely unrelated to Black and White like a new Rangers Game or new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Mana Ibe actaully Does oppose the creation of a third game, that isn't just a marketing strategy. If they did have plans there wouldn't be any reason for them not to give even the smallest hint to it rather than completely deny it. When asked about Generation 5 they never said that it wasn't going to happen, only that they hadn't thought that far ahead yet.

Yes, they want to focus on the here and now, but he openly stated, Black and White were it for Gen 5.

As for remakes there is no reason for them to remake the games. Ruby and Sapphire don't tie in with Black and White as Black and White are further than it's natural timeline with the Team Rocket Member from Gold/Silver and references to Galactic's failed attempt at conquering Sinnoh. Putting this after the events of D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

The remakes before were to reincorporate the two lost games back into accepted new coding format.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Personally with the big hoopla of Black and White restarting the Pokemon World anew, I'm praying for NO third game at all. If or when they need to, just move to Gen 6 and be happy with that. Officially in America, there is no Third Game to the first Generation as the three official Gen 1 games are Green, Red, and Blue (Blue being the third installment). Yellow Version for America was simply them rewriting the game to match the Anime as a Gimmick to sell more of both.

isnt mana Ibe a card illustrator? from bulbapedia

Mana Ibe is an illustrator for the Pokémon Trading Card Game. She has illustrated only one card for the Trading Card Game: Manectric, from the Arceus expansion. She was also listed in the staff of Pokémon Platinum under "Special thanks" though it is currently unknown exactly what role she played in the developpment of that game. The staff of Pokémon Black and White lists her under "Pokémon designer". A résumé shared by Keiko Moritsugu and Reiko Tanoue, who both illustrated a single card from the Arceus expansion and are listed under the same roles in both sets of credits.
    why would she get a main say so in wether a third game gets made or not. And i dont see 99% accracy in the report. And the game doesnt really have a time line persay so R/S remake is pretty possiable there can actually be some hints in the game (i found one kinda)

Lol back to third speculation, i really would like them to include a new character to give the story some type of twist. I want some back story on all the sages, and to be able to battle them. it would be cool if thet had a celibe type event for them so you can look a pone them to get some team plasma history

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I would like to be able to battle cynthia over again, they say you can but it never works for me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back