• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    that's what i thought, that ice dragon beast doesn't fit pokemon rainbow. heh i think they could totally fit a rainbow in the story line, since they totally focus on bridges in this games. i want to walk on rainbow road. heheh use victini as mascot, or even mew, i don't care. =D
    i dont know if you ever played pokemon snap, but the last level was in some rainbow relm and mew was there it was pretty awesome, now i was thinking if they included a area like that in the game it would be pretty awesome

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Might I remind you that spinoffs = snap, and B/W = mainstream rpg. Bit of difference there, so I'd say unlikely.

I'm starting to think we should enforce a rule about speculation being something that's actually possible, but meh.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    yes, it would. getting a picture of that mew was a pain in the.. and also reminds me of mario kart's rainbow course. <3

well the game says kyurem is from outer space how awesome would it be if the new world ( like the distortion world) kyurem takes you to will actually be a world like that

Might I remind you that spinoffs = snap, and B/W = mainstream rpg. Bit of difference there, so I'd say unlikely.

I'm starting to think we should enforce a rule about speculation being something that's actually possible, but meh.

i mean if 3 gen ago you told me the versions would have different gym leaders many people say its not possible.
    I mean look at the definition of this thread

spec·u·la·tion (sp
    Third Game Speculation
    k
    Third Game Speculation
    y
    Third Game Speculation
    -l
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation
    sh
    Third Game Speculation
    n)
    n. 1. a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
    b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
    c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition

con·jec·ture

https://app.dictionary.com/signup/p...lbackAction=addToFav&domaindest=reference.com/kənˈdʒɛk
    Third Game Speculation
    tʃər/ Third Game Speculation Show Spelled [kuh
    Third Game Speculation
    n-jek-cher] Third Game Speculation Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.
    –noun 1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • it doesn't have to be the same place as in pokemon snap, duh. but only cause it has something similar in one spin off game it doesn't mean it's impossible to be used.
    if you've played b/w and noticed the lots of bridges in it you can tell that bridges are kind of a thing in this area, and how many times are rainbows portraied as bridges? many! besides, they would have to create something to replace the white forest/black city.
    that's very skeptical of you, since many may think it's a possibility. but if you wanna be bossy, oh well.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Might I remind you that spinoffs = snap, and B/W = mainstream rpg. Bit of difference there, so I'd say unlikely.

LOL...well, technically, everything is fair game for speculation, though. There's anything-is-possible possible (AKA nigh impossible; as in Batman making a cameo in Pokemon Gray) and there's common-sense-possible (AKA "reasonably" possible; Steven Stone making a cameo in Pokemon Gray).

This is the videogame industry, though, where anything can happen (I could almost assure one that prior to the actual existence of Marvel vs. Capcom and Soul Calibur 4, the idea of a comics or Star Wars characters crossing over with videogame characters would definitely have been dismissed as random anything-is-possible possible. Drawing the line can be tough sometimes. Such a weird subject to broach. >_>

Anyway, about the Walking Pokemon/Follow-Me Feature (would be so much easier if they just called it the "Follow-Me Feature". I mean, all wild Pokemon can be considered 'Walking Pokemon' if they flee or walk in the wild or something), it shouldn't be remake-exclusive, especially since Yellow Version and the Pokemon anime pioneered the whole concept. I'm guessing the removal was due to BW being "rushed" :cer_pissed:, but I see no reason to exclude it from Gray Version or the RS remakes. I feel that it would be a "third version perk" for Generation 5 due to the nature of BW's release, while being fully integrated into all of Generation 6's games when that time comes.

I'm unfamiliar with the Dream World right now, but apparently the HGSS overworld sprites are used in there? Did the Unova-native Pokemon receive similar sprites..? That might be encouraging, as it could mean that the feature is close to becoming mainstream in the games.

Also, I liked a few of those theories posted prior about "Kyuremu being an empty shell of the dragon that Reshiram and Zekrom split from". ;) A bit intriguing, from the looks of it... *resumes Anti-Spoiler paranoia mode of avoiding plotline theories and such*

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    well the game says kyurem is from outer space how awesome would it be if the new world ( like the distortion world) kyurem takes you to will actually be a world like that

i mean if 3 gen ago you told me the versions would have different gym leaders many people say its not possible.
    I mean look at the definition of this thread

spec·u·la·tion (sp
    Third Game Speculation
    k
    Third Game Speculation
    y
    Third Game Speculation
    -l
    Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation
    sh
    Third Game Speculation
    n)
    n. 1. a. Contemplation or consideration of a subject; meditation.
    b. A conclusion, opinion, or theory reached by conjecture.
    c. Reasoning based on inconclusive evidence; conjecture or supposition

con·jec·ture

/kənˈdʒɛk
    Third Game Speculation
    tʃər/ Third Game Speculation Show Spelled [kuh
    Third Game Speculation
    n-jek-cher] Third Game Speculation Show IPA noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing.
    –noun 1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

This thread is starting to become more wild mass guessing than speculation, tho. XD; I wub Pokemon Snap. It was my first Pokemon game. Buuut, I don't know if anything like that will make it into BW.

On the other hand, that "Arceus creatan an egg" scene in HGSS was so trippy I should know better to expect anything.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

This thread is starting to become more wild mass guessing than speculation, tho. XD; I wub Pokemon Snap. It was my first Pokemon game. Buuut, I don't know if anything like that will make it into BW.

On the other hand, that "Arceus creatan an egg" scene in HGSS was so trippy I should know better to expect anything.

In addition, let's at least try to keep our speculations a speculation and make some logical theories.

As much as this thread may be getting off-topic, let's lead back on topic.

• What do you want to see included in a third game?
    • How do you think the storyline would differ from Black and White?
    • How will the Pokémon have an effect on the game (ex. - Kyurem)?
    • Which Legendary do you believe could possibly be the mascot?
    • Do you believe there are references leading to a third game in Black and White?
    etc.

Let's gogogo!

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • In addition, let's at least try to keep our speculations a speculation and make some logical theories.

As much as this thread may be getting off-topic, let's lead back on topic.

• What do you want to see included in a third game?
    etc.

Let's gogogo!

OK! :D :D :D

Hm..I finally remembered sometime I've wanted to post here for a while - I really hope that Gray Version can reintroduce and maybe even expand upon the Pokemon Habitats classification system that was introduced in FireRed and LeafGreen Versions. A nifty little feature for those remakes (though "Rare Pokemon" was somewhat lacking/peculiar as a 'habitat'). Every time I view the Bulbapedia article, I feel disappointed because the page looks like it's missing so many new Pokemon.

With guesswork (as someone attempted here), people could probably classify the newer Pokemon into habitats, but at best, it boils down and amounts only to speculation. :( It's a shame that such a unique and interesting little feature couldn't be retained in FRLG's successors. I see no harm in including it, as it would kind of help us to better understand the environments and locations that Pokemon like to inhabit. :o

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2013
    I like the Kyurem + Gray combo.
    I really hope they give the gym leades more pokemon. Really the 8th gym has 3 pokes? We don't suck that bad! >_<

The 1st gym triple battle=No. To hard to beat with beginning pokes. Maybe a return of gold/silver rival? Also there needs to be more hard trianers. Not just Cynthia and Game Freak.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well N mentions how the world is becoming too Grey instead of Black and White and how he wants to return it back to Black and White which I think is a reference to the third version...

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    well only 2 more days then we can get a better idea on what to expect. maybe well get more back story on the godesis and chrlie...i mean N LOL

Years
  • What does that have to do with the third version? :/
    I wonder if we might be able to get all there Kami's in the third version...or maybe we only get the earth one...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like the Kyurem + Gray combo.
    I really hope they give the gym leades more pokemon. Really the 8th gym has 3 pokes? We don't suck that bad! >_<

The 1st gym triple battle=No. To hard to beat with beginning pokes. Maybe a return of gold/silver rival? Also there needs to be more hard trianers. Not just Cynthia and Game Freak.

I doubt we'll see any gym leaders have more than three Pokemon. Simply because they want only 5th gen Pokemon to be used. Really though, and I'm not trying to say that anime = games, but weren't there many gym battles in the anime that were just 3 vs 3 rather than a full on 6 vs 6? So it's not like it's unheard of. I think that the only time we'll see the gym leaders have 6 Pokemon will be for rematches, and that's if they even have that (which I'm almost sure they will.)

Years
  • There more than 150 pokemon this gen...I'm sure they could give each Unova gym leader as many Pokemon as they did in Gen I and their remakes for their third version roosters :)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • There more than 150 pokemon this gen...I'm sure they could give each Unova gym leader as many Pokemon as they did in Gen I and their remakes for their third version roosters :)

Third version roosters? You mean like Blaziken would be on every Unova Gym Leader's team, or some new rooster Forme that Kyuremu gains where it clucks its foes into oblivion? :D :D :D

More on-topic, if Kyuremu does get a new Forme, I hope it's actualy worth it. I wonder what ability it could acquire? (And NOT another Levitating Forme deal; we just got one last gen!) It's current Pressure ability is reminiscent of Giratina Altered Forme's...

And yeah, Unova Gym Leader roster updates and rematches would be most welcome.

(Man, I'm loving all of the spelling errors being produced as BW get released. Too funny.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm sure this was already done, but I'll do it again anyway: the gym rematches, and what Pokemon each Gym Leader will have (I won't say levels):
    Cilan:
    -Venusaur
    -Meganium
    -Sceptile
    -Torterra
    -Leafeon
    -Simisage

Chili:
    -Charizard
    -Typhlosion
    -Blaziken
    -Infernape
    -Flareon
    -Simisear

Cress:
    -Blastoise
    -Feraligatr
    -Swampert
    -Empoleon
    -Vaporeon
    -Simipour

Lenora:
    -Stoutland
    -Watchog
    -Snorlax
    -Kangaskhan
    -Zangoose
    -Slaking

Burgh:
    -Crustle
    -Scolipede
    -Leavanny
    -Scizor
    -Yanmega
    -Heracross

Elesa:
    -Emolga
    -Zebstrika
    -Raichu
    -Luxray
    -Ampharos
    -Electivire

Clay:
    -Krookodile
    -Seismitoad
    -Excadrill
    -Dugtrio
    -Camerupt
    -Rhyperior

Skyla:
    -Swoobat
    -Unfezant
    -Swanna
    -Crobat
    -Staraptor
    -Skarmory

Brycen:
    -Vanilluxe
    -Cryogonal
    -Beartic
    -Abomasnow
    -Mamoswine
    -Glalie

Drayden:
    -Haxorus
    -Druddigon
    -Salamence
    -Garchomp
    -Hydreigon
    -Gyarados

Iris:
    -Haxorus
    -Dragonite
    -Kingdra
    -Flygon
    -Altaria
    -Milotic

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm sure this was already done, but I'll do it again anyway: the gym rematches, and what Pokemon each Gym Leader will have (I won't say levels):
    Cilan:
    -Venusaur
    -Meganium
    -Sceptile
    -Torterra
    -Leafeon
    -Simisage

Chili:
    -Charizard
    -Typhlosion
    -Blaziken
    -Infernape
    -Flareon
    -Simisear

Cress:
    -Blastoise
    -Feraligatr
    -Swampert
    -Empoleon
    -Vaporeon
    -Simipour

Lenora:
    -Stoutland
    -Watchog
    -Snorlax
    -Kangaskhan
    -Zangoose
    -Slaking

Burgh:
    -Crustle
    -Scolipede
    -Leavanny
    -Scizor
    -Yanmega
    -Heracross

Elesa:
    -Emolga
    -Zebstrika
    -Raichu
    -Luxray
    -Ampharos
    -Electivire

Clay:
    -Krookodile
    -Seismitoad
    -Excadrill
    -Dugtrio
    -Camerupt
    -Rhyperior

Skyla:
    -Swoobat
    -Unfezant
    -Swanna
    -Crobat
    -Staraptor
    -Skarmory

Brycen:
    -Vanilluxe
    -Cryogonal
    -Beartic
    -Abomasnow
    -Mamoswine
    -Glalie

Drayden:
    -Haxorus
    -Druddigon
    -Salamence
    -Garchomp
    -Hydreigon
    -Gyarados

Iris:
    -Haxorus
    -Dragonite
    -Kingdra
    -Flygon
    -Altaria
    -Milotic

I like it, hopefully the teams look something like that. :P

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Cool but I think Lenora needs some more Unova pokemon :3 Replace Zangoose with Buoffalant and Kangaskan with Sawsbuck imo.

Replace Skyla's Staraptor and Crobat (she already has a bat and Unfezant) with Braviary and Mandibuzz.

Drayden is like way to hard. Get rid of Gyarados and Salamence or Garchomp and give him a less used/less powerful Flygon and Kingdra.

Iris only has one unova pokemon D: She should have the same as Drayden only Dragonite, Altaria and Milotic as the foreign pokemon.

Yeah idk that's just what i think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back