• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Third Game Speculation

A 28 by 24 pixel sprite with two/three (it's just the same frame flipped) frames of animation. The sprites are also nearly all symmetrical.

Third Game Speculation

A sprite over two and a half times times larger, which needs several times as many frames of animation to appear smooth. They're on a totally different level.

I'd like to showcase any RPG game with over 1,000 smoothly animated creature sprites...but there doesn't appear to be any. Even those Digimon games with larger, better drawn sprites only have three frames of animation and are never drawn from behind.

Yeah, you're right. It's certainly come a long way since Pokemon Crystal and its two frames. XD It's a shame though, that's all I'm saying. :\ And I do understand it'd take ages to animate every Pokemon with loads of frames, including the back and front. I just dislike them being very pixellated. XD

I also wonder whether the third game will get Thunderus or Tornadus... I guess it'd get both, or you'll choose one, similar to Pokemon Emerald. Also, I wonder is we'll be abe to get shiny Zekrom and shiny Reshiram, or if they'll prevent them from being shiny again... I want a shiny Reshiram! XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Alright. Let's do some speculation.

To answer the first question, most signs point to Kyurem and Gray Version. This is pretty much a given. However, me and quite a few other folks have been speculating as to how Kyurem could be incorporated in to the story. These are our collective thoughts on the matter:

First off, let's back track and review the story of Unova's Creation. In the beginning, there were two heroes and one dragon (Ew. I know, right?). This one dragon, with the help of the two heroes, brought about Unova's creation. When the two heroes began to argue over what kind of world should exist, the dragon split in to two beasts: Zekrom, the Dragon of Ideals, and Reshiram, the Dragon of Truth. Let's pause here for a moment and toss in some speculation.

Spec Note #1: Let us take in to consideration the splitting of the dragon. We have the composition of the great dragon's powers: Reshiram and Zekrom. However, what of its appearance? One theory we've been tossing about is that Kyurem was in fact the shell of the great dragon in question. Now I know what you're thinking: "What the crap? The great dragon was a stumbling chicken thing? >:C" The answer to that is both yes and no, but I'll get back to that. In this theory, we have the energy and power of the great dragon separating in to the two great dragons. The remaining shell of the once mighty dragon, left with barely enough power to exist, became the Pokemon Kyurem.

Let's get back to some story telling, ja? Now then. Let's take in to consideration Lucanosa Town's view on Kyurem. The people of that town speak of how a sinister beast emerges from the Giant Chasm every night to devour humans and Pokemon. The Pokemon of which they speak, as we all know, is Kyurem. Citizens of the town also talk about the Giant Chasm's creation when a meteor fell to earth. Now, let us go back to my previous note.

Spec Note #2: Let us assume for a moment that, in typical dramatic fashion, the one dragon rose to the heavens before separating in to Reshiram and Zekrom. After the process was complete, both dragons approached their respective owners. It is at this time that the shell of the one dragon plummeted to earth (Meteor anyone?). If this is the case, then we can assume that Kyurem was the meteor and, as such, created the Giant Chasm himself. This theory is also represented by Kyurem's unbalanced unsymmetrical appearance. If we assume that this note is true, then the imact destroyed a good chunk of Kyurem's appearance (In this case, part of his face and one of his wings). Of course, being the empty shell it was, it didn't have a lot of energy within its body. So what would any smart legendary being do? EAT EVERYTHING AROUND YOU! :D

But seriously now. Let's get back on topic. So we've covered Kyurem's origins and its involvement with the other two dragons. Now let's take a look at some game coding, shall we? Within the games coding are two currently un-used moves. These moves are Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. Both moves are two-turn Ice charge attacks that have a 30% chance to induce some status effect on the opponent. Ice Burn induces Burn, whereas Freeze Shock induces Paralysis. Hmmm.... Burn.... And Shock.... Where have I...? OH YEAH. RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM. :I Now given that these two moves are Ice Type moves, and given their affiliation with Reshiram and Zekrom (The affiliation here being Reshiram is a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom is a Dragon/Electric type) we can then assume that, if these moves were in fact meant for Kyurem, then the theory that Kyurem is the empty shell of what was once the mighty dragon is further supported.

However, one problem comes to mind: If these moves are two-turn charge moves, HOW DOES THIS IN ANY WAY MAKE KYUREM USEFUL? :I Well, we've pontificated that same thing and thought of a solution. Let's go back a spell to Platinum Version. We all remember the infamous transformation of Giratina in Platinum through the use of the Griseous Orb. We all remember collectively wetting ourselves over this amazing new concept. Now, let's put this though on the table: Assuming Kyurem is broke as all hell, who's to say we can't apply the same factor here? Let us assume that Kyurem's current form is due to his lack of power and energy. If we assume this to be true, then we can in turn consider the idea of an alternate form for him as well. This theoretical form would change his appearance to that of the one dragon (Because I think i speak for everyone when I say there is no way the one dragon looked like that). In addition to this form change, a new ability would also come in to play. This ability (Again, this is just speculation) would eliminate the charge time on the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

Spec Note #3: If we assume that the speculatory info provided is true, then it is not out of the question to provide Kyurem with a new form. Given that Kyurem is the shell of the one dragon, one could easily assume that it can take on its form under the right circumstance (We've been debating the means about which this occurs. We're stuck between an item [Like Platinum's Giratina] or being in the resence of Reshiram and Zekrom).

And last, but certainly not least, let us talk about how it would impact the story-line. I'm sure at this point everyone is aware of the existence of the "God-Stone" in B/W's game coding. This item is a key item that resembles the Light and Dark stones, but it is instead Gray as opposed to Black or White. Now, here's my theory on the matter:

Theory #1: Since N's ultimate goal is to separate the world in to complete Black and White (As he stated in Chargestone Cave), it is not unreasonable to assume that he would, if trends continue, seek out the aid of not just one, but both dragons in order for him to succeed. In this scenario, you are forced to seek out this "God-Stone" in order to bring about Kyurem's re-emergence in to this world. When done, Kyurem (If the above mentioned situation of having to be in Reshiram's and Zekrom's presence holds true) takes on its true form (Also mentioned above).

Theory #2: The exact opposite occurs in this situation. N seeks out the power of Kyurem (For whatever reason he may have in his twisted, delusional little head), leaving you to re-awaken Reshiram and Zekrom yourself.

Anyways, that's what I've got for now. Enjoy my speculations. :P

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I'd like them to bring back the "follow me" feature (yeah, right). And I'd really appreciate Running Shoes toggles (doubt it), getting rid of that stupid wireless message before starting the game (hopefully, but not likely), the ability to search for any [unseen] Pokémon in the GTS (doubt it) and a VS Seeker (don't see that coming, either).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Alright. Let's do some speculation.

To answer the first question, most signs point to Kyurem and Gray Version. This is pretty much a given. However, me and quite a few other folks have been speculating as to how Kyurem could be incorporated in to the story. These are our collective thoughts on the matter:

First off, let's back track and review the story of Unova's Creation. In the beginning, there were two heroes and one dragon (Ew. I know, right?). This one dragon, with the help of the two heroes, brought about Unova's creation. When the two heroes began to argue over what kind of world should exist, the dragon split in to two beasts: Zekrom, the Dragon of Ideals, and Reshiram, the Dragon of Truth. Let's pause here for a moment and toss in some speculation.

Spec Note #1: Let us take in to consideration the splitting of the dragon. We have the composition of the great dragon's powers: Reshiram and Zekrom. However, what of its appearance? One theory we've been tossing about is that Kyurem was in fact the shell of the great dragon in question. Now I know what you're thinking: "What the crap? The great dragon was a stumbling chicken thing? >:C" The answer to that is both yes and no, but I'll get back to that. In this theory, we have the energy and power of the great dragon separating in to the two great dragons. The remaining shell of the once mighty dragon, left with barely enough power to exist, became the Pokemon Kyurem.

Let's get back to some story telling, ja? Now then. Let's take in to consideration Lucanosa Town's view on Kyurem. The people of that town speak of how a sinister beast emerges from the Giant Chasm every night to devour humans and Pokemon. The Pokemon of which they speak, as we all know, is Kyurem. Citizens of the town also talk about the Giant Chasm's creation when a meteor fell to earth. Now, let us go back to my previous note.

Spec Note #2: Let us assume for a moment that, in typical dramatic fashion, the one dragon rose to the heavens before separating in to Reshiram and Zekrom. After the process was complete, both dragons approached their respective owners. It is at this time that the shell of the one dragon plummeted to earth (Meteor anyone?). If this is the case, then we can assume that Kyurem was the meteor and, as such, created the Giant Chasm himself. This theory is also represented by Kyurem's unbalanced unsymmetrical appearance. If we assume that this note is true, then the imact destroyed a good chunk of Kyurem's appearance (In this case, part of his face and one of his wings). Of course, being the empty shell it was, it didn't have a lot of energy within its body. So what would any smart legendary being do? EAT EVERYTHING AROUND YOU! :D

But seriously now. Let's get back on topic. So we've covered Kyurem's origins and its involvement with the other two dragons. Now let's take a look at some game coding, shall we? Within the games coding are two currently un-used moves. These moves are Ice Burn and Freeze Shock. Both moves are two-turn Ice charge attacks that have a 30% chance to induce some status effect on the opponent. Ice Burn induces Burn, whereas Freeze Shock induces Paralysis. Hmmm.... Burn.... And Shock.... Where have I...? OH YEAH. RESHIRAM AND ZEKROM. :I Now given that these two moves are Ice Type moves, and given their affiliation with Reshiram and Zekrom (The affiliation here being Reshiram is a Dragon/Fire type and Zekrom is a Dragon/Electric type) we can then assume that, if these moves were in fact meant for Kyurem, then the theory that Kyurem is the empty shell of what was once the mighty dragon is further supported.

However, one problem comes to mind: If these moves are two-turn charge moves, HOW DOES THIS IN ANY WAY MAKE KYUREM USEFUL? :I Well, we've pontificated that same thing and thought of a solution. Let's go back a spell to Platinum Version. We all remember the infamous transformation of Giratina in Platinum through the use of the Griseous Orb. We all remember collectively wetting ourselves over this amazing new concept. Now, let's put this though on the table: Assuming Kyurem is broke as all hell, who's to say we can't apply the same factor here? Let us assume that Kyurem's current form is due to his lack of power and energy. If we assume this to be true, then we can in turn consider the idea of an alternate form for him as well. This theoretical form would change his appearance to that of the one dragon (Because I think i speak for everyone when I say there is no way the one dragon looked like that). In addition to this form change, a new ability would also come in to play. This ability (Again, this is just speculation) would eliminate the charge time on the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

Spec Note #3: If we assume that the speculatory info provided is true, then it is not out of the question to provide Kyurem with a new form. Given that Kyurem is the shell of the one dragon, one could easily assume that it can take on its form under the right circumstance (We've been debating the means about which this occurs. We're stuck between an item [Like Platinum's Giratina] or being in the resence of Reshiram and Zekrom).

And last, but certainly not least, let us talk about how it would impact the story-line. I'm sure at this point everyone is aware of the existence of the "God-Stone" in B/W's game coding. This item is a key item that resembles the Light and Dark stones, but it is instead Gray as opposed to Black or White. Now, here's my theory on the matter:

Theory #1: Since N's ultimate goal is to separate the world in to complete Black and White (As he stated in Chargestone Cave), it is not unreasonable to assume that he would, if trends continue, seek out the aid of not just one, but both dragons in order for him to succeed. In this scenario, you are forced to seek out this "God-Stone" in order to bring about Kyurem's re-emergence in to this world. When done, Kyurem (If the above mentioned situation of having to be in Reshiram's and Zekrom's presence holds true) takes on its true form (Also mentioned above).

Theory #2: The exact opposite occurs in this situation. N seeks out the power of Kyurem (For whatever reason he may have in his twisted, delusional little head), leaving you to re-awaken Reshiram and Zekrom yourself.

Anyways, that's what I've got for now. Enjoy my speculations. :P

Great speculation. The Kyurem going to heaven then crashing down idea sounds cool and explains how it could be the meteor and also be related to Reshiram and Zekrom but I'm not sure if they if they'll go with it. The problem with N seeking Kyurem is that we won't be able to catch it in the game. The problem with N seeking Reshiram and Zekrom is that we won't be able to catch both of them in the game xD But your thoughts are really nice. Good job! :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The speculation on the third game above is a very impressive one. Only issue is the history of the story based for the creation of Zekrom and Reshiram which really inhibits the flow. They were split perfectly, body and power, into only two separate beings. There is never official mentioning of the body remaining behind or becoming what Kyurem is now.

"The mythologies of the trio are implied to be connected, despite having no true relation. The origins of Zekrom and Reshiram are told in legends, as they were once a single powerful Dragon Pokémon used by twin heroes in order to create the Unova region. But the brothers each sought something different in life—truth for the older brother and ideals for the younger—and they began to argue, then fight, over who's side was right. The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin.
    The two dragons were equally matched as they battled and neither conquered the other. As a result, the brothers set aside their differences, and equally declared there was no right side, either. But the sons of the heroes resumed the fight, and Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed the region with their fire and lightning powers. They subsequently disappeared afterward."

Kyurem can be like Deoxys, a Pokemon from outer space wreaking havoc on the area in which it landed. By this I mean mainly that their appearence is exactly the same, they were frozen in space and when they crashed into the planet they awoke.

Now as to what I think the God Stone is. I think it was Kyurem's core (Common Chinese/Japanese Mythology when concerning Dragons, they all carry a heart stone that can be referred to their core. Chinese Dragons are usually carrying them in their claws while Japanese Dragons tend to have them embedded in their foreheads).

The Stone was seen falling from the heavens after the crash and was heralded as a stone of the Gods. Being seperated from his core, Kyurem became violent and deformed, losing some of his normal power. (Hidden attack possibility and an attempted excuse for his severe lack in power compared to Zekrom and Reshiram) The Stone can possibly subdue/summon Kyurem (Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza story rip) And eventually restore his power (Lost attacks or a new form).

I still say that Kyurem isn't part of the Fan associated Trio since there is extreme lack of proof other than type match up to link him to the other two.

Now another possible game reason, Landorous is ravaging the land. Slowly Unova is decaying and no one knows why. Player seeks out reason why for the main game while N tries to use Landorous to snuff out the humans but protect the Pokemon.

Hell at this point Colbion makes a fairly decent main attraction. N leads Colbion who hates other humans in a new war against humans. The history of the Three musketeer Pokemon shows that they dislike Humans due to their wars that nearly killed some pokemon. (Reshiram/Zekrom's royal wars) Colbion at this point has more connection to the two Dragons that Kyurem does story wise.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    The speculation on the third game above is a very impressive one. Only issue is the history of the story based for the creation of Zekrom and Reshiram which really inhibits the flow. They were split perfectly, body and power, into only two separate beings. There is never official mentioning of the body remaining behind or becoming what Kyurem is now.

"The mythologies of the trio are implied to be connected, despite having no true relation. The origins of Zekrom and Reshiram are told in legends, as they were once a single powerful Dragon Pokémon used by twin heroes in order to create the Unova region. But the brothers each sought something different in life—truth for the older brother and ideals for the younger—and they began to argue, then fight, over who's side was right. The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin.
    The two dragons were equally matched as they battled and neither conquered the other. As a result, the brothers set aside their differences, and equally declared there was no right side, either. But the sons of the heroes resumed the fight, and Reshiram and Zekrom destroyed the region with their fire and lightning powers. They subsequently disappeared afterward."

Kyurem can be like Deoxys, a Pokemon from outer space wreaking havoc on the area in which it landed. By this I mean mainly that their appearence is exactly the same, they were frozen in space and when they crashed into the planet they awoke.

Now as to what I think the God Stone is. I think it was Kyurem's core (Common Chinese/Japanese Mythology when concerning Dragons, they all carry a heart stone that can be referred to their core. Chinese Dragons are usually carrying them in their claws while Japanese Dragons tend to have them embedded in their foreheads).

The Stone was seen falling from the heavens after the crash and was heralded as a stone of the Gods. Being seperated from his core, Kyurem became violent and deformed, losing some of his normal power. (Hidden attack possibility and an attempted excuse for his severe lack in power compared to Zekrom and Reshiram) The Stone can possibly subdue/summon Kyurem (Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza story rip) And eventually restore his power (Lost attacks or a new form).

I still say that Kyurem isn't part of the Fan associated Trio since there is extreme lack of proof other than type match up to link him to the other two.

Now another possible game reason, Landorous is ravaging the land. Slowly Unova is decaying and no one knows why. Player seeks out reason why for the main game while N tries to use Landorous to snuff out the humans but protect the Pokemon.

Hell at this point Colbion makes a fairly decent main attraction. N leads Colbion who hates other humans in a new war against humans. The history of the Three musketeer Pokemon shows that they dislike Humans due to their wars that nearly killed some pokemon. (Reshiram/Zekrom's royal wars) Colbion at this point has more connection to the two Dragons that Kyurem does story wise.
    I like this theory a lot. My only issue is the immediate dismissal of Kyurem being a shell. Again, although it is just speculation, at no point in time do they claim that there were no remnants of the original dragon's separation (At least from what I remember reading. If you have proof, please show me). They claim that the dragons are equal in power. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'll stick with my theory for now.

As for the God Stone thing, I like the concept but I think, given the striking similarity in design to the Light and Dark Stone (I mean it's literally a color swap of either stone), I'm pretty sure it was intended to be the third dragon's stone. :P

As for alternate versions, I'm betting on Coballion and the other trio Pokemon will be the main focus of the next game if Kyurem isn't the main subject, mostly just because they're the only other Pokemon with a back story. Also thought of an interesting concept a while back regarding their involvement, buuuuuuut seemed a bit odd and kinda wonky.

It mostly had to do with the shell of the great dragon again. Basically it involved Keldeo, Coballion, Virizion and Terrakion using their powers to revive the empty shell of the one dragon (AKA Kyurem). So yeah.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I like this theory a lot. My only issue is the immediate dismissal of Kyurem being a shell. Again, although it is just speculation, at no point in time do they claim that there were no remnants of the original dragon's separation (At least from what I remember reading. If you have proof, please show me). They claim that the dragons are equal in power. Nothing more. Nothing less. I'll stick with my theory for now.

As for the God Stone thing, I like the concept but I think, given the striking similarity in design to the Light and Dark Stone (I mean it's literally a color swap of either stone), I'm pretty sure it was intended to be the third dragon's stone. :P

As for alternate versions, I'm betting on Coballion and the other trio Pokemon will be the main focus of the next game if Kyurem isn't the main subject, mostly just because they're the only other Pokemon with a back story. Also thought of an interesting concept a while back regarding their involvement, buuuuuuut seemed a bit odd and kinda wonky.

It mostly had to do with the shell of the great dragon again. Basically it involved Keldeo, Coballion, Virizion and Terrakion using their powers to revive the empty shell of the one dragon (AKA Kyurem). So yeah.

Just gunna address the Shell thing. See the main thing against is there is no proof that the shell is there either. Think of it as Mitosis. One object splits perfectly in half and creates two things of equal power. The story its based on there was no remains of the original Dragon's body and in the stories provided by the game they say. It does say in the game: "The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin."

It literally says it split into two Pokemon only. Nothing about its former body being left behind and the two Legendaries being formed. If we go by the Chinese Myth, then the single Dragon became two Dragons and its body was made with what Reshiram and Zekrom have now.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    ★ Third game name
    ★ Third game mascot
    ★ How it will implement version differences such as different gym leaders and the sorts
    ★ The storyline

The third game name is almost guaranteed to be Gray, no doubt.

Third game mascot will most likely be Kyurem

I think Black City and White forest should be fused to become Gray country, maybe.. Iris or Drayden as Gym Leaders would depend on how you act to them during the game.

I'm not too sure on the story, though...

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Just gunna address the Shell thing. See the main thing against is there is no proof that the shell is there either. Think of it as Mitosis. One object splits perfectly in half and creates two things of equal power. The story its based on there was no remains of the original Dragon's body and in the stories provided by the game they say. It does say in the game: "The single dragon, in response, split into two Pokémon: Reshiram, who sided with the older twin, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger twin."

It literally says it split into two Pokemon only. Nothing about its former body being left behind and the two Legendaries being formed. If we go by the Chinese Myth, then the single Dragon became two Dragons and its body was made with what Reshiram and Zekrom have now.
    Fair enough. I've not really delved in to chinese mythology much, so i don't know the story behind it (Though I imagine that it's fairly basic). I guess we'll just wait and see what happens, hm?

Geckobubbles

Trains are good.
    Years
    I mostly agree with McFizzle, but here is my idea: In said third version, N will seek out Reshiram and Zekrom, and you must find the God Stone to awaken Kyurem. However, you will be able to catch Reshiram and Zekrom later in the game, like Dialga and Palkia in Platinum.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I mostly agree with McFizzle, but here is my idea: In said third version, N will seek out Reshiram and Zekrom, and you must find the God Stone to awaken Kyurem. However, you will be able to catch Reshiram and Zekrom later in the game, like Dialga and Palkia in Platinum.

See the only problem that can arise is version difference for background story. Kyurem is already awake and attacking people in Lacunosa nightly or so. Which is how their legend came to be.

We really need to see "when" Kyurem's "Meteor" crashed into Unova to try and get an estimated time line for it cause Reshiram and Zekrom are ancient. Both have to be awakened from their stones while Kyurem doesn't so if they force Kyurem to awaken from the stone it completely trumps the original set story for it.

Giratina's story wasn't changed and I'm touching this cause I know someone would argue this. They say in the area that he was originally caught in that he would travel there from a different dimension and that he distorted the entire ruins or something like that, so that's why his story wasn't changed. You also can catch him in the same location if you accidentally knock him out in Platinum.

Now this kinda ruins my Landorous idea too. Kyurem and Landorous can't be found until you get to the post E4 Areas. (Something that stays the same in third games) This most likely won't change making both the areas for Kyurem and Landorous unaccessible until you've beaten the main story. Meaning neither Kyurem nor Landorous seem to have a very good chance of being the mascot. Although Colbion still does. He's found after the 5th Gym which is kinda perfect story wise. His back ground makes for a perfect reason for N to seek him out. And if they use Colbion then they can at least try to keep the "Grey/Gray" title, if they don't try to make a fancy color like say Cobalt...Or move into a metal/Gemstone.

EDIT: I'm also starting to think that the God Stone may be after code that was prolly supposed to be removed or something. Kinda like Caphony or how ever you spell that word. The original version of Sound Proof which wasn't taken out until the Remakes or Gen 4.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I just noticed this today. Reshiram and Zekrom's signature moves are called Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt (Cross Flame and Cross Bolt in Japanese).
    Maybe in the third version those moves will have something to do with fusing the two (or three?) dragons.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    See the only problem that can arise is version difference for background story. Kyurem is already awake and attacking people in Lacunosa nightly or so. Which is how their legend came to be.
    In the time period you're playing the game, this is nothing more than a legend though. It's an occurrence that would happen years ago and no longer does, this is why the town is surrounded by a "giant wall" now. As a result of the legend, the people still fear going out at night and resort to staying in. It's quite possible that it goes into "hibernation" after the events of the legend.

Either way, there's nothing saying that GameFreak has to keep this tidbit still current for the third game. The story is evidently going to change.

Years
    N

As I was reaching the latter stages of the game, a thought occured.

In the third game ('grey'), how good would it be to play as N?

It would be allow people to finally play as the bad guys as they have wished since Red & Blue and allow you to view the storyline from a completely new perspective. It would give a great chance to add a backstory as well. Since the storyline changes a bit to allow you to catch both legendaries in most of the third games, this would be a good ruse to do that.

As far as I'm aware, the game could still stick to the core because surely N needed his eight badges to get to be champion.

Obviously it has a very slim chance of happening, but would anyone else think of this as a good idea?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As I was reaching the latter stages of the game, a thought occured.

In the third game ('grey'), how good would it be to play as N?

It would be allow people to finally play as the bad guys as they have wished since Red & Blue and allow you to view the storyline from a completely new perspective. It would give a great chance to add a backstory as well. Since the storyline changes a bit to allow you to catch both legendaries in most of the third games, this would be a good ruse to do that.

As far as I'm aware, the game could still stick to the core because surely N needed his eight badges to get to be champion.

Obviously it has a very slim chance of happening, but would anyone else think of this as a good idea?

It's interesting, but most probably unlikely. :( I mean, it'd be hard to explain your own past imo and the whole Ghetsis thing. Maybe if B/W's storyline was different, it might allow the third game to do that. Either waaaay, merged with third game spec, since everything about the third game = goes here.

Years
    Thanks for merging, I thought there was a third game thread but I thought it would be stickied or on the first page.

I suppose they could shove in a few flashbacks to explain his past.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back