• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Cilan, Chili and Cress > Triple battle and dropping the Lillipup's.
    I forgot about this, but yeah if there was a triple then I'd rather see their levels decreased, since it probably would be a bit too much for the first gym leaders.

Brycen > Give him a Vanilluxe. Who cares if Vanillish doesn't evolve until Level 48.
    Lv. 47.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • I really hope this third edition does not exist. It's time to break that tradition and do something new. But knowing the people of GF, it is almost impossible, and by 2012 we will have Pokemon Gray on our hands. XD
    And of course, Kyurem will be the mascot of this "new" game.

Nox Masque

Faceless Smile...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I agree with the above poster- third games have always, essentially, been exactly the same game with a few editions here and there. Now, if they changed the storyline entirely, then I'd be more interested, however, we then come to the argument of whether or not that comes under a new generation, which I don't think it does- but if they did make a gray, chrome, etc. I'd probably end up buying it...

I think it should be called Chrome, by the by.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I really hope this third edition does not exist. It's time to break that tradition and do something new. But knowing the people of GF, it is almost impossible, and by 2012 we will have Pokemon Gray on our hands. XD
    And of course, Kyurem will be the mascot of this "new" game.

It's obviously going to exist. \; Mainly because GF know that people will buy the game. Yay for the obvious. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's clear as day that Pokémon Black and White are not, and are nowhere near finished games. That alone is enough for them to justify another expansion, probably moreso than the past few games.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It's clear as day that Pokémon Black and White are not, and are nowhere near finished games. That alone is enough for them to justify another expansion, probably moreso than the past few games.

What proof do you have that they are not finished games?

Mana Ibe said that they were finished. They obviously wouldn't have been released if they weren't finished.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The storyline grinds to a shuddering halt as soon as the credits roll. Here's Looker to round up the Seven Sages in a game of hide-and-seek, and here's to Ghetsis escaping off-screen and the Shadow Triad ****ing off with no resolution to your conflict!

Keledo, Meloetta and Genesect have really short bonus events that happen if they're already in your party - there's no events that actually involve encountering them or anything they do (it's impossible to encounter them in any way other than a give-away, they don't have event items or event locations). Kyurem is sitting around chilling and maybe eating somebody at night but you never actually see him do anything.

The Pokémon Musical is very, very bare-bones, the Battle Subway is missing most of the Frontier's features, they brought back the Diving mechanic for a single small area that just holds hidden items, and generally everything that you encounter post-Elite 4 is lacking. It's even indicative of re-used content, in a way - Looker appears from nowhere, you get a post-game boss in Cynthia (her sprite is an edited Platinum sprite, while her theme music was barely changed at all) and the Diving function was recycled out of nowhere.

Of course they would release an unfinished game - if they reach the project's proposed deadline (September, the same date that every Pokémon game since Emerald came out) and the majority of the game is in a playable state, and the storyline makes most sense, they are not going to keep working on it to polish off the aforementioned rough bits when they have a publisher waiting to send games to store shelves. Unfortunately, it's an all too common story of managing projects in the games industry, and essentially it's what all software development boils down to - do as much as you can with the time and resources you were given to do it, and don't expect to get extensions unless you've messed something up really badly.

They simply shelve the more complicated things they didn't have time to implement into the game (Something like the Following Pokémon from HG/SS that didn't make the cut, for example), tie up the loose ends in things they originally envisioned to be grander, and leave stuff lying around that's indicative of later plans (Like unused legendary Pokémon)

There's evidence of unfinished content in almost every video game that's ever been made. Pokémon is one of those in a unique position that they can go back and finish that content before selling it off two years later. There's also been a lot of discussion about Ibe's comment when it was said. The most important thing to realise is that these guys have no qualms about lying to us - what idiot would tell people that they're going to make another, better game when they haven't even finished selling the first games yet? (In defence of a sound business decision that's basically the least damaging way to respond to that question)

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The looker part did seem to cut off oddly...what did the sages tell him and where are N and Ghetsis? Unless they plan to save these for another gen, they should be answered in a third edition.
    I find it strange that non of the event mon other than Victini had a in game event...first time since Mew I think that has happened.
    As for a battle frontier, we will have a battle factory like place...
    Hope they make a battle pyramid like facility along with the battle dome those were some of my favorite facilities out of the 10 introduced so far. I've got no new ideas for new one's at the moment but I'm sure GF will think of some :j

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Yeah, BW are the most obvious "there will be a third game" of the Pokemon series so far. Lenora definitely needs more Normal Pokemon, I was sure she'd get Cincinno. Not sure what they can do about the Triplet's Pokemon.

Years
  • The triplets will proably get the Kanto eeveelutions in the rematchs. Also if it is a triple battle they will lose their lilipup's...thank goodness if so cause I hated theirs.

Years
  • I think it Could be Gray, but i do like the idea of Chrome...
    Kyurem is the mascot, I think he could have a second form since he looks incomplete to me, like the Tail. Though that could be credited to one speculation about Kyurem being the Corpse of the Original Dragon, I like to see it Restored to Power again as well but that's just wishful thinking. And Bulbapedia Mentioned that its right side looked damaged. Wing and horn is shorter, and on the right side of its head (visible in the Dream World Art) also has a spiked edge near its jaw hinge that is absent from its left. and it is hunched over which comparing to the other two looks a bit off. and he has 20 less base stat and lack of the lvl 100 special move which we might see in the next game.

Another thing is that After the Twin heros, there sons resumed the fighting tearing across Unova till they disappeared, maybe Kyurem's Landing to earth from a meteor (which could of Damaged it) Could of caused the fighting to stop. Maybe Ghetsis would try and revive the other Dragon to combat his son and Kyurem comes to quell the fighting and the MC has to catch it to dunno help it (he is injured)

A little more the the corse theory is that Splitting from something takes a lot if energy and force of energies shot the corpse into space, collides with a comet, lack of energy is the absolute zero so it turns into an Ice type and reanimates a bit outta my reach at the moment. All i can see is that it crashes back down to Unova, Injured still and maybe attacks both Reshram and Zekrom, till the three seperate. Dunno. again just my imagination at work again...

Years
  • I do beleive that Kyurem was shot out into space as the poster above said. It'll for sure reconcile the myth of it coming from a meteor with the theory it's connected with the tao duo without the need of a giant recon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol only post here when I get ideas from posting in other threads.

BUT.

Bianca as the professor for the third game, and Cheren as the champion, actually give them roles and let them achieve what they wanted in B/W. idk, that would only work if the third game was set in the future though. It could maybe work! I'd kinda like to see their pasts explored which could probably relate into Kyurem's storyline of it taking years after as they'll say "the green haired boy travelled the region". So you'd get a backstory on everything that happened and see mature versions of them... everyone wins. And then finally face-off with Alder/Juniper as one-time only trainers, kinda like Cynthia and such. :3

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • It's kind of obvious now that there will be gym leader rematches in the third game, but one thing I would like is for the ability to rematch all of the Striaton gym leaders, not just one.

Years
  • Perhaps one would be able to unlock the other two triplets rematches if you manage to get the other two starters :)
    I doubt the third version would time skip but that would be cool...but what would happen to the player character...they would need new ones...

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Okay, I've gathered almost all of my requests for Gray, so I'm going to put them here:

--Battle

-The ability to rematch trainers, via some sort of Vs. Seeker.
    -The ability to rematch gym leaders.
    -Being able to fight Bianca before defeating the Elite Four for the second time.
    -More daily battles
    -More Triple-Rotation Battles
    -Be able to battle Blue/Lance.

--Gym Leaders/Elite Four

-Lenora should have another Pokemon, maybe a Mincinno.
    -All of Burgh's Pokemon to be a level or two higher.
    -Replace one of Elesa's Emolga, no specific requests as to who the replacement is.
    -For all of Bryce's Pokemon to be a level or two higher.
    -For Drayden/Iris's gym to have a less complicated gym, less gym trainers. Drayden/Iris's Pokemon should be a level higher.
    -Replace one of Alder's bug types, there are too many.
    -When rematching the Striaton gym leader, you should be able to rematch all three.

--Game-wise

-Make Relic Tower easier to navigate.
    -Be able to hold more than ten people in Black City/White Forest.
    -Be able to transfer Pokemon from previous games even if they know an HM move.
    -Make Bouffalant the evolved form of Tauros.
    -Make Alomomola the evolved form of Luvdisc.
    -More legends, specifically, the Uxie trio, and possibly Dialga/Palkia/Giratina. I understand if they're saving those three for the Hoenn remakes though.

--Story-Wise

-Be able to battle the Six sages at different points around the story. (For example, being able to fight Zinzolin while you are searching for Team Plasma in the Cold Storage.)
    -Find N, possibly rematch him.
    -Find out what N's name is. (It can't just be "N"!)
    -Battle the Shadow Triad.
    -Reveal the identities of the Shadow Triad.
    -Give the Striaton leaders more involvement within the story.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Get rid of Black City / White Forest because they're nearly pointless for most people who don't have dozens of people to exchange with an a pain to keep populated every day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    --Battle

-The ability to rematch trainers, via some sort of Vs. Seeker.
    -The ability to rematch gym leaders.
    -Being able to fight Bianca before defeating the Elite Four for the second time.
    -More daily battles
    -More Triple-Rotation Battles

--Gym Leaders/Elite Four

-Lenora should have another Pokemon, maybe a Mincinno.
    -All of Burgh's Pokemon to be a level or two higher.
    -For all of Bryce's Pokemon to be a level or two higher.
    -When rematching the Striaton gym leader, you should be able to rematch all three.

--Story-Wise

-Be able to battle the Six sages at different points around the story. (For example, being able to fight Zinzolin while you are searching for Team Plasma in the Cold Storage.)
    -Find N, possibly rematch him.
    -Find out what N's name is. (It can't just be "N"!)
    -Battle the Shadow Triad.
    -Reveal the identities of the Shadow Triad.
    -Give the Striaton leaders more involvement within the story.

Quoted pretty much what I agree with. It would not make sense at all really for Bouffalant and Alomomola, already being established in-game to just randomly get older evolutions, maybe in a future generation seeing the link between them but idk if it'd fly in the same generation really thinking about it. :x

I also don't think creating new legendaries mid-generation would work out either. I mean it hasn't been tried before buuut idk. I guess that's what Meloetta, Keldeo and Genesect are for.

All for the idea of Lenora having a Minccino though. :3 Well except for the fact that Minccino aren't found early on, so imo make Minccino appear earlierrrr.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years

• Quoted pretty much what I agree with. It would not make sense at all really for Bouffalant and Alomomola, already being established in-game to just randomly get older evolutions, maybe in a future generation seeing the link between them but idk if it'd fly in the same generation really thinking about it. :x

I also don't think creating new legendaries mid-generation would work out either. I mean it hasn't been tried before buuut idk. I guess that's what Meloetta, Keldeo and Genesect are for.

All for the idea of Lenora having a Minccino though. :3 Well except for the fact that Minccino aren't found early on, so imo make Minccino appear earlierrrr.
    I wasn't talking about creating new legends, I was talking about being able to catch old legends. Kindof like how you could catch Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno in Platinum.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol nevermind me I suck at skim reading sometimes. But yeah that'd not be that bad actually, I could see them brining in some older legendaries giving certain areas some use. For example, Abyssal Ruins = Kyogre & Challenger's Cave = Groudon and uhhh Rayquaza on some secret level of Twist Mountain. Totally could work out if the third game is placed after R/S remakes. I do think there is potential though for extra places for extra legendaries though :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back