• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
Years
  • You all know that Before they make the 3rd game they are going to remake Hoenn (Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire)!

Which would be interesting if they really go in depth and have you go to Sinnoh afterwards!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    You all know that Before they make the 3rd game they are going to remake Hoenn (Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire)!
    They didn't do that with Platinum, but I'd like to see that happen.

I'm guessing it'll be named Gray.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I think that the third game will be delayed, because I would assume that GF would want us to enjoy the brand new pokemon game for a while longer, rather than releasing a third game straight after B/W, so while we are waiting for the third game they will release the remakes of Hoenn.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If there are move tutors in the third version, here's a preliminary list of tutor moves I came up with:
    -Elemental punches (ThunderPunch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch)
    -Focus Punch
    -Sleep Talk
    -Water Pulse
    -Giga Drain
    -Iron Tail
    -Shock Wave
    -Swift
    -Secret Power
    -Steel Wing
    -Skill Swap
    -Snatch
    -Roost
    -Brine
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Drain Punch
    -Silver Wind
    -Recycle
    -Avalanche
    -Stealth Rock
    -Dark Pulse

Most of the listed moves are the old TMs from Gen IV. Feel free to add whatever moves you like to this list.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that the third game will be delayed, because I would assume that GF would want us to enjoy the brand new pokemon game for a while longer, rather than releasing a third game straight after B/W, so while we are waiting for the third game they will release the remakes of Hoenn.
    Could be or they could do what they did with DP and Pt in which it took like 2 years in between before they released Platinum...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Grey Gray Grey Gray...how about Twilight version? No affiliation to the movie about vampires. -_- And they could make the first gym a triple battle with the leaders. Just a thought.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • Perhaps, A new legendary alternate forms should fill the third one into a great one. Like Giratina and Shaymin. If they really would do that. There's a 87% chance that Kyuremu would get the new form. I hope it'll come true.

Last edited:

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Grey Gray Grey Gray...how about Twilight version? No affiliation to the movie about vampires. -_- And they could make the first gym a triple battle with the leaders. Just a thought.
    Twilight actually makes a lot of sense too.

Reshiram is light. Zekrom is darkness. What's between the two? Twilight. :3

Years
  • Well it that case it could also be Dawn as it's a combo of light and Dark and is actually the rise of the light and setting of the dark opposed to Twilight...

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    I think it's unlikely they'd name the US release Pokemon Dawn & Dusk. I mean one of the main characters in DPPt is named Dawn, and given GF wanted Gen V to be a new beginning, naming one of the version titles Dawn kind of references it to a past game. Personally I don't see what's so offensive about the titles "Black & White". I think the Japanese game titles of "Black & WHite" are pretty appropriate and relevant, especially since Isshu is based on America.

Years
  • Yeah but I also don't think they will call it Twilight...GF is afraid of lawsuits (for example they changed Pluto's name to Charon in the English versions of Pt to not get sued by Disney...)
    Another could be crimson...they had that game copy righted...and also Crimson is the opposite one would think when they think of a Blue/Grey is type...an opposite similar to White and Zek and Black and Rash.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    It's probably already been posted, but I happened across something on bulbapedia. On their Move Variations page, under "Variations of Sky Attack", there are two moves called Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt. Both introduced in Gen V and both are currently unlearn-able by normal means. Not that we needed it, but this further fuels the theory that Kyurem will be the third version mascot.

Perhaps he will have two alternate forms, one to correspond with both of these moves and, by extension, Reshiram and Zekrom?

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I believe that there is going to come a 3rd game to the 5th generation. Nintendo have always done that for each generation of Pokémon games, and they always will, or maybe not in the future, but I'm pretty damn sure that they will for the 5th.

1st generation have Red, Blue and Green. 2nd have Silver, Gold and Crystal. 3rd had Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. 4th had Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

5th will have Black, White and possibly Gray/Twilight. xD Why I haven't mentioned games like SoulSilver, HeartGold, etc. is because they are remakes and should not be counted.

Years
  • I believe that there is going to come a 3rd game to the 5th generation. Nintendo have always done that for each generation of Pokémon games, and they always will, or maybe not in the future, but I'm pretty damn sure that they will for the 5th.

1st generation have Red, Blue and Green. 2nd have Silver, Gold and Crystal. 3rd had Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. 4th had Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.

5th will have Black, White and possibly Gray/Twilight. xD Why I haven't mentioned games like SoulSilver, HeartGold, etc. is because they are remakes and should not be counted.
    Yeah they will make one, despite what 3rd version naysayers say
    Ps: it's Gold, Silver and Crystal (you messed up the two versions) :)

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Yeah but I also don't think they will call it Twilight...GF is afraid of lawsuits (for example they changed Pluto's name to Charon in the English versions of Pt to not get sued by Disney...)
    Another could be crimson...they had that game copy righted...and also Crimson is the opposite one would think when they think of a Blue/Grey is type...an opposite similar to White and Zek and Black and Rash.

It was only the English and German version of Platinum where they changed his name to Charon, and I really don't think they would have sued over it. After all Disney's Pluto is known universally and there is a park in Japan.

They'll probably end up picking a name that doesn't have an obvious relation to the third mascot. Example: Giratina = Platinum?

Years
  • Giratina's coloring looks platinum. Kyuremu looks gray, cold, and ancient. So my guess is Pokemon Gray or Chrome, because like I said, Kyuremu represents the gray areas in the world, ice is actually a form of energy(Cold Fusion, but I think its unrelated). Also, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt seals the deal.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Kyuremu, most likely. What about the frozen thingy in Mount. Neji? right at the bottom there is something frozen in ice, it does not say. Could be the light/dark stone of Kyuremu?
    if Dawn, why not Dusk?

Years
  • Kyuremu, most likely. What about the frozen thingy in Mount. Neji? right at the bottom there is something frozen in ice, it does not say. Could be the light/dark stone of Kyuremu?
    if Dawn, why not Dusk?
    it's funny but I saw the list of items and one item I saw was the "God stone"...which looked liked the Light and Dark stones...So yeah...
    Now don't say that Kyuremu is God now people...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Giratina's coloring looks platinum. Kyuremu looks gray, cold, and ancient. So my guess is Pokemon Gray or Chrome, because like I said, Kyuremu represents the gray areas in the world, ice is actually a form of energy(Cold Fusion, but I think its unrelated). Also, Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt seals the deal.

What if it's not Gray or Chrome? What if it's the color they use for the type Ice? It's one of the color schemes they use for Kyurem and with all the references to ice it could be another option.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back