• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
  • Yeah but I also don't think they will call it Twilight...[S-HIGHLIGHT]GF is afraid of lawsuits (for example they changed Pluto's name to Charon in the English versions of Pt to not get sued by Disney...)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    Another could be crimson...they had that game copy righted...and also Crimson is the opposite one would think when they think of a Blue/Grey is type...an opposite similar to White and Zek and Black and Rash.

Game Freak shouldn't be afraid of any Disney lawsuits, sheesh... I mean, both Pokemon and the Aladdin series have characters named Jasmine.

JASMINE[Pokemon, Disney's Aladdin]:

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

Moreover, Platinum's "Pluto" is a not a dog, but a human, so there's even that difference. Both Jasmines are humans... In any case, that edit in Platinum really irked me because it messes up the whole planetary theme, by introducing the name of a moon... :cer_pissed:

Additionally, both series have characters named Todd and Riley as well (though Riley would be more problematic since the TV series The Replacements premiered before both the Japanese and American releases of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Versions... Todd Snap, however, premiered in Pokemon before The Replacements even aired, so Game Freak wouldn't have had an issue.)

RILEY[Pokemon, Disney's Aladdin]:

Third Game Speculation
    Third Game Speculation

But yeah, there you go... (I'm even annoyed that I know this much stuff from Disney, aside from the aforementioned release/premiere dates). Ugh...copyrights are so frustrating and irritating to deal with... :cer_cry:

On-topic, however, I'm still anticipating that the third version to BW will be either be Gray (combines Black and White and is apparently Kyuremu's main body color), Agate (ranges in colors that relate to Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyuremu; partially references Kyuremu's Ice-type especially), Jade (a precious stone commonly associated with yin-yang), or Color (referencing that while black and white are monochromatic and debatable as "colors", the other colors of light and paint are infused in Gen V, giving "life" to the spectrum of coloration). :D

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Hey I found more proof for Kyurem being the Third version mascot, I was linked to this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuji_%28philosophy%29
    By Kyurem's Bulbapedia, appearance it's based on the opposite of Yin and Yang which is Wuji...also I think I know now why there is a stone called the God stone which I think is related to Kyurem...or will be at least in the third version.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    The 3rd 5th generation game will be based off the Pokémon history (how the Pokémon world was born, emotions came in, etc.), but if Arceus/Mew created all Pokémon, what purpose does the mascots in B/W have? I can't read Japanese. :(

If someone have finished B/W and do know how to read Japanese, telling the games main plot or information about the legends would be helpful to predict the next game.

Another thing you should take notice off is that Nintendo have reserved the domain www.pokemongray.com. Try typing www.pokemongray.com in your URL bar and it'll tell you that the domain of the website have been parked for a high brand company, a.k.a. Nintendo. This further indicates that Pokemon Gray is going to be the name for the 3rd game. (www.pokemontwilight.com and www.pokemonjade.com does not work, so it won't be any of those names.)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Hey I found more proof for Kyurem being the Third version mascot, I was linked to this : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuji_%28philosophy%29
    By Kyurem's Bulbapedia, appearance it's based on the opposite of Yin and Yang which is Wuji...also I think I know now why there is a stone called the God stone which I think is related to Kyurem...or will be at least in the third version.

That's an interesting concept... (LOL if Pokemon would be utilizing it, as that's one concept I've never even heard of before! It would be a very strange and obscure concept for a Pokemon to represent) :\
    But it would make much sense with Kyuremu being the embodiment/representation of something that acts in the total reverse of the yin-yang concept (didn't think it was possible, so I was advocating for Reshiram and Zekrom to be a duo without a third member being related, consequently having the third Pokemon being represented by a Suicune-esque Pokemon that is part of one of Isshu's legendary trios).

I thought Game Freak would have to force something to fit with yin-yang, but that Wuji idea seems to bear more relation to yin-yang than any concepts I've heard of before, so it doesn't seem forced to relate with the concepts of yin-yang that Reshiram and Zekrom represent.

(by "forced to relate," examine Generation 4's dragon trio of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina - as antimatter was sort of forced upon Giratina in order to continue the "physics" theme of said dragon trio. Time and space work better with each other because they are dimensions as well, but matter/antimatter isn't even a dimension, thus being incongruent with the other 2 concepts of time and space. Then again, you need something to "travel" through/between the dimensions, which would be matter, I think. Doesn't exactly make for a perfect trio of concepts, but it works for the Gen 4 dragon trio.)

The 3rd 5th generation game will be based off the Pokémon history (how the Pokémon world was born, emotions came in, etc.), but if Arceus/Mew created all Pokémon, what purpose does the mascots in B/W have? I can't read Japanese. :(

If someone have finished B/W and do know how to read Japanese, telling the games main plot or information about the legends would be helpful to predict the next game.

Another thing you should take notice off is that Nintendo have reserved the domain www.pokemongray.com. Try typing www.pokemongray.com in your URL bar and it'll tell you that the domain of the website have been parked for a high brand company, a.k.a. Nintendo. This further indicates that Pokemon Gray is going to be the name for the 3rd game. (www.pokemontwilight.com and www.pokemonjade.com does not work, so it won't be any of those names.)

That www.pokemongray.com website and message seems very interesting indeed; nice find! If it does turn out to be related to the actual Pokemon Gray Version, I'm very glad that the Pokemon franchise was referred to as "one of the world's top brands" by Melbourne IT DBS. It seems true anyway, considering the sales and apparent popularity of the games... :D

Last edited:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Perhaps, A new legendary alternate forms should fill the third one into a great one. Like Giratina and Shaymin. If they really would do that. There's a 87% chance that Kyuremu would get the new form. I hope it'll come true.

man I HOPE it does, it looks stupid as hell, probably because of the way its posing. it looks like a chicken with a snake coming out of its body

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • man I HOPE it does, it looks stupid as hell, probably because of the way its posing. it looks like [S-HIGHLIGHT]a chicken with a snake coming out of its body[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I haven't seen its sprite/artwork yet as I'm trying to avoid BW spoilers for the most part, which includes every Pokemon aside from Zoroark, the Starters, Reshiram, and Zekrom. Anyway, I LOL'd at that description! :laugh: :cer_laugh: If Kyuremu's design really isn't that great (which I'm hoping will prove to be untrue once I look at it when BW is released in English), I hope it does gain a new Forme in the third version... though I really don't want to start a new trend with every third version mascot gaining a new form (one, because it might start getting annoying, and two, that might give a reason to get lazy on the Pokemon's first design [not the case with Giratina's Formes, though! :D])

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I hope it gets a new forme, really, it's ugly as it is. Though I never got Platinum, so I never was introduced to the whole second formes thing. Alternatively they could just draw the sprite differently for the thid game (which is much easier). :D;

Years
  • That's an interesting concept... (LOL if Pokemon would be utilizing it, as that's one concept I've never even heard of before! It would be a very strange and obscure concept for a Pokemon to represent) :\
    But it would make much sense with Kyuremu being the embodiment/representation of something that acts in the total reverse of the yin-yang concept (didn't think it was possible, so I was advocating for Reshiram and Zekrom to be a duo without a third member being related, consequently having the third Pokemon being represented by a Suicune-esque Pokemon that is part of one of Isshu's legendary trios).

I thought Game Freak would have to force something to fit with yin-yang, but that Wuji idea seems to bear more relation to yin-yang than any concepts I've heard of before, so it doesn't seem forced to relate with the concepts of yin-yang that Reshiram and Zekrom represent.

(by "forced to relate," examine Generation 4's dragon trio of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina - as antimatter was sort of forced upon Giratina in order to continue the "physics" theme of said dragon trio. Time and space work better with each other because they are dimensions as well, but matter/antimatter isn't even a dimension, thus being incongruent with the other 2 concepts of time and space. Then again, you need something to "travel" through/between the dimensions, which would be matter, I think. Doesn't exactly make for a perfect trio of concepts, but it works for the Gen 4 dragon trio.)

That www.pokemongray.com website message seems very interesting indeed. If it does turn out to be related to the actual Pokemon Gray Version, I'm very glad that the Pokemon franchise was referred to as "one of the world's top brands" by Melbourne IT DBS. It seems true anyway, considering the sales and apparent popularity of the games... :D

Im glad you mentioned this MRAS.

An excerpt describing the Wuji:

Know whiteness, Maintain blackness, and be a model for all under heaven. By being a model for all under heaven, Eternal integrity will not err. If eternal integrity does not err, You will return to infinity. (28, tr. Mair 1990:93)

People forget Yin/Yang is also one concept itself, which is juxtaposed with the Wuji concept. It's a part of the Taoist teaching/belief system, where Yin and Yang come from. It speaks of a blend of both, when it says know whiteness, maintain blackness. It ties Kyuremu in with Reshiram/Whiteness and Zekrom/Blackness. It also goes on to mention the Wuji as "Supreme Ultimate" and " Without Limitations" Kyuremu may end up being the supreme being in the Isshu world, just as Arceus was to the Sinnoh region.

Kyuremu will be the basis of the third game, just watch. Aside from all of that, it has a unique Dragon typing, and has similar stats to Reshiram/Zekrom. As stated by my previous Kyuremu=ice age posts, it also ties in with Reshiram/Zekrom that way.

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • I really hope that the third game gets rid of Araragi giving you the lucky egg, gives gym leaders higher levels with more pokemon, and that it involves A LOT more post game quests

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    For those suggesting that the 3rd game should have formes, Black & White basically already do. Meloetta is a legendary with 2 formes and could be considered as a copy of Shaymin. Now we only miss a Pokémon to be the mascot of the 3rd game.

Third Game Speculation

Voice Forme(Normal/Psychic)

Third Game Speculation

Step Forme (Normal/Fighting)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • For those suggesting that the 3rd game should have formes, Black & White basically already do. Meloetta is a legendary with 2 formes and could be considered as a copy of Shaymin. Now we only miss a Pokémon to be the mascot of the 3rd game.

Third Game Speculation

Third Game Speculation

Yeah it does have two forme doesn't it :)
    Though I am thinking Victini might get another forme like Shaymin did as it's the cute legendary of this gen, much like Shaymin was...

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Victini should have a fierce and imposing Seraph-Forme (Fire/Psychic) or Dragoon-Forme (Dragon/Psychic) in the 3rd game. The prior would have Levitate, the former would have an ability that allows STAB from Fire moves.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • For those suggesting that the 3rd game should have formes, Black & White basically already do. Meloetta is a legendary with 2 formes and could be considered as a copy of Shaymin. Now we only miss a Pokémon to be the mascot of the 3rd game.

Third Game Speculation

Third Game Speculation

A dance form and a song form. Pretty cool.

Third Game Speculation
    I thought they were the forms of this guy though. That is what Serebii originally said like ages ago before the images of them were released.

Guess not though.

I too think that Victini should get another form like Shaymin. I have no clue what that form could be though.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010

A dance form and a song form. Pretty cool.

Third Game Speculation
    I thought they were the forms of this guy though. That is what Serebii originally said like ages ago before the images of them were released.

Guess not though.

I too think that Victini should get another form like Shaymin. I have no clue what that form could be though.

opposite of victory? failure?

Years
  • Victini should have a fierce and imposing Seraph-Forme (Fire/Psychic) or Dragoon-Forme (Dragon/Psychic) in the 3rd game. The prior would have Levitate, the former would have an ability that allows STAB from Fire moves.

You do know that Victini already IS a fire/psychic, right? You probably do, but your post left room for a little doubt. Anyway, I'd like to see Victini have a Fire/Flying form or a Fire/Steel form.

EDIT: Sorry, realized that this thread was wandering off topic, so I better make my post more relevant!

Boarbeque, I totally agree with you. I also think that they shouldn't make it so incredibly easy to get strong types against a gym leader right before you have to face them.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I think it would be cool for the third game to be one the 3DS and have the abilty to have types of expansion packs for the future. One idea is, you know how sometimes when the anime generation is about to end you see pokemon from the next generation? well im thinking some time before the 6th gen games(if there is one) have the option to download a trainer from that region to battle using one or two new pokemon

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • Just a few speculations judging from previous generations:

I have a good feeling that the two moves 'Freezing Bolt' and 'Cold Flare' would be implemented in the third game, either on Zekrom and Reshiram respectively, or perhaps by giving Kyurem a new form (like Giratina) and letting it learn both.

They would also probably add more move tutors other than the Elemental Hyper Beam / Draco Meteor / Combo Attacks like they always did on the third games.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wait, so there actually is code of Freeze Bolt & Cold Flare in BW or is that just random fan speculation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back