• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • ^ Yeah but it's unfair...it would be over kill to have two powerful legendaries against one...though Zekrom would fall first as it's weak to ice...then Rashiram and Kyurem would have to battle it out...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think you mean Reshiram is weak to ice (since it's fire). XD;

I dunno, it depends on the levels. What if Kyurem was a lot weaker than them, to even it out? Sounds pretty good to me.

Years
  • I think you mean Reshiram is weak to ice (since it's fire). XD;

I dunno, it depends on the levels. What if Kyurem was a lot weaker than them, to even it out? Sounds pretty good to me.
    Huh? Ice isn't super effective against fire...also Zekrom is part dragon thus weak against fire...
    How would it be fair if Kyurem is weaker...that would be more unfair...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Oh wait I read it wrong, then Reshiram gets an advantage. Sorry. XDDD;

...yeah it would make more sense if it did go two on two, leaving it at Reshiram vs Kyurem, if Kyurem is stronger, considering fire beats ice.

Years

Oh wait I read it wrong, then Reshiram gets an advantage. Sorry. XDDD;

...yeah it would make more sense if it did go two on two, leaving it at Reshiram vs Kyurem, if Kyurem is stronger, considering fire beats ice.
    Yeah but Dragon covers it's weakness against fire, while Rashiram's fire covers it's weakness against Ice thus making it more fair, poor Zekrom...all well at least it's over rated by the fans :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    In my theory though, Kyurem's stats would be more powerful than either Reshiram's or Zekrom's because of the God Stone. That would give some sort of upper hand for Kyurem. In the end though, this wouldn't really have to do with typing or having an advantage, it'd be purely for the story. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, if a stone by the name God Stone doesnt increase your power I dont know what it would do... I'm just saying.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well yeah, being more powerful makes sense, due to Reshiram having a type advantage, so even though it doesn't matter, it still makes them match up in a way! Or unless it's like you use one of the trios or Genosect or something to beat Kyurem. :(

(Btw have we considered the third game having two legendaries? You never know!)

Pokemon Champion Red

Regis Knight: Lend Cideliant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    There's been a 3rd game for every generation so far [Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum] so it makes sense that they'd have a third one.
    Pokémon Gray?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    ...well yeah, being more powerful makes sense, due to Reshiram having a type advantage, so even though it doesn't matter, it still makes them match up in a way! Or unless it's like you use one of the trios or Genosect or something to beat Kyurem. :(

(Btw have we considered the third game having two legendaries? You never know!)

I sorta kinda brought it up by saying maybe having a whole trio as a mascot for a third version. :P Though I don't think anyone noticed my post. =(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh I was thinking Kyurem x Genosect or something, as opposed to an entire trio being the mascot...XD; But hey, it's possible!

Pokemon Champion Red

Regis Knight: Lend Cideliant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Hmm.....They could have double version mascots for *Gray?* ...have the YinYang symbol on the boxart?

Amai

やった! 私はあまい
    Years
  • They'll probably do what they did for Giratina.

They made the spring accessible before the E4 when it wasn't accessible until after in D/P. But they also made a new area for Giratina. So they might make a new area for Kyurem/make the area available earlier.

And since in D/P Dialga and Palkia were both catchable in the same spot, in Pt they made it so you have to unlock them, then one appears, then unlock the other for it to appear afterwords. I am not sure if both appeared at once.

Years
  • Oh so I'm guessing that you need the Light and Dark stones similar to how you needed the Adamant and Lustrous orbs in DP to get the duel version mascots then you will have to go to N's Castle (wait does the castle disappear after you defeat Geechisu?).

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    @Spikey: Giratina is about Dimension if I recall correctly, not antimatter.

I'm also not entirely sure if this fits in with the discussion, but when do people think a Third Version would be released? I'd estimate, at earliest, a Fall 2012 release for it. Of course, we could see another Gen III layout and have remakes (Hoenn? Kanto?) come first.

We get a month to play? WOOT WOOT :P

I'm estimating this might not have a third.
    At least, not before a HG/SS third (If they would)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I think it'll be called Pokemon Grey.

- First game where complete Pokedex is obtainable without trading. :3

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    You'd have to wonder how they plan to fold Genosect into the actual story. They haven't done that so far, besides making a few mentions of it at Lab 2.

They'll probably handle Genosect's story the same way as they handled with Mewtwo's story, but include some sort of item to gain access to some undisclosed location like any other event. I found this video on Youtube. Possibly something to look forward to in the third game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back