• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    That is a good idea. But the problem is we don't even know when gen 6 will come out, or when gray (or whatever the third verison is called) will come out as well. If RS remakes come out towards the end of Gen 5 then a person from Gen 6 could come appear in that instead of in the third version.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Looker annoyed me so much.

Really? I haven't even played Platinum yet, and from the text of this screenshot, I can tell that I'm probably going to like him. :cer_laugh:
    Third Game Speculation

I like the G-Men concept, come to think of it that could really work. Yet there could be some rough patches since G-Men's role could be parallel with Team Plasma's. Plasma wants to liberate pokemon from humans (if I'm right), g-men's, well Lance's goal, is to investigate and arrest those who mistreat pokemon....

I'd like to see a clash of wills between the Pokemon G-Men and Team Plasma in Gray Version, now that you brought up a nice parallel between the two...

Adding onto that Hoenn people in Unova idea. Why not start all over again and in the third game, have somebody who comes from a distant land (aka gen 6). instead of hint to past regions, hint to future regions, since by that point there will probably be enough hints as to why there will be R/S remakes in the games anyways.

I always liked how Glacia's origin could be pieced together in retrospect, and the idea of hinting at future regions is a cool and interesting one that could be explored in future games as well.

That is a good idea. But the problem is we don't even know when gen 6 will come out, or when gray (or whatever the third verison is called) will come out as well. If RS remakes come out towards the end of Gen 5 then a person from Gen 6 could come appear in that instead of in the third version.

Well, Sinnoh was "technically" hinted at all the way at the beginning of Generation 3, so it doesn't necessarily have to be the game(s) that come out near/at the end of Generation 5; the idea could be implemented with whichever one is released in the middle of Generation 5 as well.

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well, Sinnoh was "technically" hinted at all the way at the beginning of Generation 3, so it doesn't necessarily have to be the game(s) that come out near/at the end of Generation 5; the idea could be implemented with whichever one is released in the middle of Generation 5 as well.
    Waiiiit what? What's this you speak of?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Well I have two speculations here about the third game that may most likely prove to be true:

Keldeo: I can see Keldeo with an alternate forme because it currently looks weak and timid, at least by sprite, compared to the others in its quartet. Even though it's meant to be the youngest, I can still see a bigger and stronger forme for it to fit in more with its comrades and so it looks more like a Fighter.

Blair and Whitlea: This is just basic aesthetics as I can see them swapping outfits. By this I mean Blair will have the Summer, looser wear while Whitlea will be more covered up.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Waiiiit what? What's this you speak of?

Well, here's one of Elite Four Glacia's pre-battle quotes:

"Welcome, my name is Glacia of the Elite Four. [S-HIGHLIGHT]I've traveled from afar to Hoenn so that I may hone my ice skills.[/S-HIGHLIGHT] But all I have seen are challenges by weak Trainers and their Pokémon. What about you? It would please me to no end if I could go all out against you!"
    Also, in Glacia's Trainer's Eyes/Match Call entry of the PokeNav:

Self-Introduction:
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]The Ice type can be better trained in this hot land.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    I don't think it's official, but many players (AFAIK) assume that Glacia hails from the Sinnoh region. The Hoenn region seems warm from her perspective, and this would make sense for a Trainer used to a region with a cold climate and snowy terrain. Sinnoh is renowned for being cold, especially evident with one of its locations, Snowpoint City, that is completely covered in snow. The climate could have possibly inspiredt to Glacia to take up the mantle of training Ice-type Pokemon. Furthermore, Hoenn is quite far from Sinnoh as opposed to Kanto or Johto, so Sinnoh fits the "afar" mention as well.

And since Glacia's quote was in the beginning of Generation 3 (Ruby and Sapphire), it could be taken to mean that Sinnoh's existence was "hinted at" all the way at Generation 3. Of course, this is speculation, so until we get official confirmation from some sort of Fame Checker item or something, we can't be certain. :\

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can see Keldo get another forme seeing as it's timid and weak looking like Shaymin's Land Forme...and it could turn more fierce looking like Shaymin sky forme :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Well, here's one of Elite Four Glacia's pre-battle quotes:

Also, in Glacia's Trainer's Eyes/Match Call entry of the PokeNav:

I don't think it's official, but many players (AFAIK) assume that Glacia hails from the Sinnoh region. The Hoenn region seems warm from her perspective, and this would make sense for a Trainer used to a region with a cold climate and snowy terrain. Sinnoh is renowned for being cold, especially evident with one of its locations, Snowpoint City, that is completely covered in snow. The climate could have possibly inspiredt to Glacia to take up the mantle of training Ice-type Pokemon. Furthermore, Hoenn is quite far from Sinnoh as opposed to Kanto or Johto, so Sinnoh fits the "afar" mention as well.

And since Glacia's quote was in the beginning of Generation 3 (Ruby and Sapphire), it could be taken to mean that Sinnoh's existence was "hinted at" all the way at Generation 3. Of course, this is speculation, so until we get official confirmation from some sort of Fame Checker item or something, we can't be certain. :\

Aaah, okay. Thanks for clearing that up. I kinda missed out on the 3rd gen, so I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff. All seems a little far-fetched, but I guess speculation is... well, just that... speculation lol. Interesting nonetheless.

As for the topic of getting a whole "frozen Unova", that would be fantastic! I can see it happening. If not that, then maybe make the Winter season a little more obvious for the whole region (snow... everywhere? lol) and use that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    I think that Kyremu will be the mascot and the game will include Partner Pokemon (Out of Pokeball), More Triple Battles, New Pokemon Formes, and it will be released on the nintendo 3DS

Years
    Y'know, I think Kyurem might turn out trying to eliminate Zek and Res, I mean think about it.

Wuji is a concept WITHOUT ying/yang, or balance.

So Kyurem probably was this big badass before Zek and Res discarded and left it die or whatever, that's what seems to me.

After the conflict in Unova, they all went to sleep, until Team Plasma woke'em up, and Kyurem starting acting out...I think. I haven't defeated the Elite 4 yet XD.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Y'know, I think Kyurem might turn out trying to eliminate Zek and Res, I mean think about it.

Wuji is a concept WITHOUT ying/yang, or balance.

So Kyurem probably was this big badass before Zek and Res discarded and left it die or whatever, that's what seems to me.

After the conflict in Unova, they all went to sleep, until Team Plasma woke'em up, and Kyurem starting acting out...I think. I haven't defeated the Elite 4 yet XD.

Maybe kyurem would try to protect them rather than fight them.
    maybe he was there counterpart when they were whole . I dont think he had anything to do with sealing them( it says in the game the people did it) we would have to wait till the 3rd version to get the full story and how he is related to the 2 dragons

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I've thought about the theme of Unova as I looked up at the clouds today and realized that the theme of the legendaries are also related to the clouds...as clouds trap heat, discharge electric energy and hold ice particles inside them...plus they are Black white and Grey...
    So Kyurem being the third version mascot and the game being called Grey would match with Unova's cloud/sky theme ;)

Very
    nice theory on the Tao Dragons' relations to clouds! :cer_nod: Kyuremu could help to enhance the cloud theme further in the third version...

..You know, what if [S-HIGHLIGHT]B/W had a cross with Pokemon Ranger[/S-HIGHLIGHT]? I haven't played the game myself(and Syd would hate me for this xD), but it would seem pretty cool if your pokemon would like, go on certain missions with you as like...a sidequest part of the third game? I'm thinking things like, completely new that they could add that has never really been done before...

For the longest time I've always been hoping for a main series sidequest cross with the Pokemon Ranger series. The Pokemon Rangers originated from the main series, so why can't we take on the position of Pokemon Ranger as well?
    I don't know, maybe Mystery Dungeon missions could be incorporated as well - something that lets the player accept different rescue missions and the like would be amazing for a Gray Version sidequest/post-game activity. :D

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
    I know this is kinda off topic, but they should, if they make Gray/Grey Version in two versions-
    DS Version: Compatible with DS and 3DS
    3DS Version: Full 3DS Compatibility, but no DS

Or DS/3DS Version: Compatible with a DS, but reacts to a 3DS and utilizes it's different features (3D, Circle Pad, etc.) This would be swell. And yes, I think they are definitely going to make Gray/Grey Version. They wouldn't break tradition that quickly, and whatever gets them more money.

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I know this is kinda off topic, but they should, if they make Gray/Grey Version in two versions-
    DS Version: Compatible with DS and 3DS
    3DS Version: Full 3DS Compatibility, but no DS

Or DS/3DS Version: Compatible with a DS, but reacts to a 3DS and utilizes it's different features (3D, Circle Pad, etc.) This would be swell. And yes, I think they are definitely going to make Gray/Grey Version. They wouldn't break tradition that quickly, and whatever gets them more money.

You mean like Nintendo did with GCN/Wii versions of Twilight Princess? That could work...personally, I'd just prefer a 3DS version of Gray Version and RS remakes. I don't know how difficult it will be for the development team to apply the "3D" effect of the 3DS to BW's game engine.

Ugh...I still wish BW had been delayed and turned into a 3DS game instead, possibly launching in September 2011 or something... Then the certainty of Gray/RS remakes enabling 3D would be a bit higher. With the situation we have now, though, the 3D feature of the 3DS would be a major "third version" perk that would entice people to actually purchase Gray Version...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back