• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    But SEP was an extra that really served nothing more than novelty purposes. If they make the mascot exclusive to Gray only, it'd kinda be suckish since you wouldn't be able to trade it :/

Not reallly i mean why would you need to trade it? if you have such an awesome B/W team you can just transfer it to your grey. And it would serve no purpose in the previous gens since its not in the pokedex.
    And having a mascot exclusive to grey would be major novelty it would encourage people who usually dont by the 3rd games a reason to

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have a feeling it will come out one year after the remakes of R/S/E, so once the hype about those games die down, they can release another game to draw more attention o the franchise. idk makes sense.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well for now 'grey' is the fanname - what the name ends up being may surprise most (hardly anyone expected platinum - no, the third d/p game had to be Opal =P). But if they do call it Grey I don't think that a few hacks by that name would deter Nintendo/Game Freak nor would it impact much (most kids ie the target audience do not know about such hacks anyway).

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'm just wondering, assuming they do go with "Grey" as a name, I wonder which spelling they'll use? I mean NoA does the English translation and despite the fact it get's translated again for European releases, they still use Americanisms such as missing out u's.
    I think it would be odd for them to spell it Gray, since only America (and I don't even think that includes Canada) uses that spelling, whilst the rest of the Anglosphere uses Grey. But they'll probably end up using the American spelling regardless.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2013
    Third game's name would be Grey, because Black + White = Grey.

Legendaric Pokémon would of course be Kyurem because Reshiram (Fire) and Zekrom (Electric) so Kyurem (Ice). They resemble Moltres, Zapdos and Arcticuno. But which Legendaric Pokémon would N have??

Gym Leaders would have animated spites like in Platinum.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I made box art. I know, it sucks but at least I put in the effort to do it. I'm not very good at shading and doing logos, cause I don't have very good software.
    Third Game Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I made box art. I know, it sucks but at least I put in the effort to do it. I'm not very good at shading and doing logos, cause I don't have very good software.
    Third Game Speculation

...you've just given me a competition idea for B/W.

Anyways, I believe that the box for the third game will probably have the crosshatch thingies that b/w has, for continuity sorta. Sooo if you add them in it'd be more realistic to what the third game boxart will be.

BringYourOwnKites

Seriously. These are mine.
    Years
  • I think it'll be called Pokemon Grey and have Kyurem as the mascot Pokemon.
    I hope they make the first gym leader a triple battle.
    Maybe they'll extend on the story with N a little more.
    Add a Battle Tower or something.
    Also I'd like to have the Vs. Seeker back.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

• ...you've just given me a competition idea for B/W.

Anyways, I believe that the box for the third game will probably have the crosshatch thingies that b/w has, for continuity sorta. Sooo if you add them in it'd be more realistic to what the third game boxart will be.

Oh yay box art designs XD

I think the box art of the 3rd game will be relatively the same as Black and White box art, only grey of course (if it does turn out to be Pokemon Gray) but iirc some of the Platinum box art was glittery, so maybe some glitter too to make it look like snow.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    My speculation about the third game of the 5th generation series:

-New features
    -Undoubtedly, Kyurem will be the mascot for this 3rd game
    -New pre-evolutions and evolution updates for some old pokemons
    -New places

5th generation - 3rd game wishlist:

-More endgame activities
    -Battle animation enhancements (like addition of pokemon attacking sprites would be good)
    -Added story for N and Ghetsis
    -Can travel between regions and battle each gyms and each elite fours and champions
    -I get to see Ash, Misty and Brock in the game would be great for me too

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
  • I think it could be gray, but like most have said it is kinda weird and bland for a name. Also for the mascot remember how people on Black/White kept saying that the two legendary dragon were once one Pokemon maybe that could be the mascot, I mean look what they did to Giratina in Platinum.

kelario26

PKMN Breeder
    Years
  • Name: Pokemon Gray Version
    Mascot: Kyurem
    BC/WF: Probably put Black City in its usual spot, then put White Forest south of it.
    GL8: Probably Iris, since Drayden only appears once in Black; as the gym leader.
    R/Z: Lets you choose which one to battle.

I'll have to think about the storyline. What other version exclusives are there?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well the speculation about GAMEFREAK saying there woudn't be a third game took me off this topic but then I read that they said no such thing.

Anyway, if a third game were made, firstly like the majorty of users on here I think it would be called Pokémon Grey with Kyurem as the mascot and it would implament the features that aren't (purposely) in B/W such as Gym Leader Rematches, Visitation of both Black City & White Forest, Double battle with Iris/Drayden & Triple Battle With Cress/Cilan/Chilli (although unlikely), edit some of the teams of say N, rival, Gym Leaders, Elite Fours ect. post-story line Events (Possibily involving more of the Sages), extended storyline, more weekly/weekend events etcetera.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    Tag team with N. His and your Lv50 Dragon Pokemon VS Ghetsis' Lv60 Kyurem

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back