• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
Years
  • I also believe that the third game is going to be called Gray with Kyurem as the mascot. I don't know how it could differentiate from the other two considering I haven't beat Black or White yet. However, I think it'd be cool to battle all three Striation Gym Leaders.

Years
  • I hope that instead of trading we would be able to just give Pokemon to someone.
    I'll reset my game soon, but trading like 50 Pokemon is a nightmare and I don't have patience to capture 50 Purrloin, Patrat or Lillipup.
    I REALLY hope GF adds this feature someday...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Something that's interesting is that Kyurem's stone is called the God stone (at least in the Japanese version) I wonder if that makes Kyurem (/ Zekrom/Reshiram combo) is the Arceus of Unova...hope they explain the name...

Years
  • My Thoughts:

Game Name/Mascot
    Pokemon Gray/Grey or Pokemon Chrome. With Kyurem of course.

Wild Pokemon
    I think Pokemon from earlier versions should be obtainable before completing the main story.

Striaton City Gym Battle
    Instead of battling Bianca in Route 2 and battling Cheren in the Trainer School, you should be able to have a triple battle in the Striaton Gym: You, Cheren, and Bianca VS. Cilan, Chili, and Cress.

Reshiram and Zekrom
    When you reach N at Dragonspiral Tower, he has obtained both.

Kyurem Battle
    I have a suggestion. You can catch Kyurem after defeating the Opelucid City Gym. Go east to Lacunosa Town and you'll be able to. Now, this is where my suggestion comes in.

After you reach the giant hole, you travel back in time to the events of the Ice Age. I'd also think it's be nice if instead of having the Ice Age all blue and beautiful and icy-like, it should look gray/grey like a flashblack. In the Ice Age, you must have to go through a series of puzzles to reach Kyurem and catch him. Then you hear from an important character (a gym leader, Juniper, Cedric, etc.) that there is a powerful stone required to use Kyurem's full power. This is where you go through the Relic Castle and then Nacrene City, where Lenora gives you the God Stone. Here, Lenora should say "You cannot use this stone until the time is right." or something along those lines. (This time will be when you reach N at his castle). The God Stone shall give full power to Kyurem, revealing his true form.

Also, earlier I saw a suggestion. Somebody suggested that an area called Gray Mountains should replace Black City/White Forest. I really like this.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    well, the name "pokemon Grey was trademarked at the same time as Pokemon Black and White, so I assume that's the name.

They also trademarked Crimson, Brown, Purple, and two versions of Scarlet. :x

Years
    • Seen today
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before (and as I have to get up early for work I don't have time to run a search), but I would like to see an option to search your PC for Pokemon by letter or species so that you don't have to go box by box looking for a specific one. This would help if you haven't played in a while and can't remember which Pokemon is in which box.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2012
    Kyurem not being the third gen mascot would be a disgrace, I think it's really cool and deserves it. But note that its BST is a little bit lower than Reshiram and Zekrom.

I believe that it will indeed have an alternate form, but not 2. It will be the dragon, completed.

It will look mostly like Kyurem but with it's parts fleshed out, featuring both black and white body parts and possessing its two exclusive moves; Ice Burn and Freeze Shock.

It'll be awesome <3

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
    Years
  • 8th Leader issue solved:

You fight both Iris and Guy-I-Can't-Bother-To-Name in a Double Battle, they move on, you inherit the Gym, and we have a customizable Gym and an extra multiplayer feature. Maybe they stay in Isshu to re-battle, or maybe one or both become Champion. Double Champion battle! @_@
    YES
    I have always wanted this, what the Secret Bases in RSE/DPPt should have been! You can visit your friend's gyms and battle them :3
    You know, like save the layouts and choose them, or just have it be over wireless.

I also like the idea of Ice Age :D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ah, a customizable gym would be incredible. It's be a great little addition to the already rather small multiplayer portions. Have the ability to customize the look of the inside, place NPC trainers around the gym, and then the actual Gym Leader's team. Also maybe have a little art tool that lets you design a badge, or simply have shapes and pieces and just put them together to create your own little design. They could easily be downloaded in the way that the WiFi Battle Tower/Subway is done. It'd be a whole lot of customization for a Pokemon game, but I can envision it so clearly.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Wild Pokemon
    I think Pokemon from earlier versions should be obtainable before completing the main story.
    That would defeat the purpose of a reboot, which is what gen V is.

Also, earlier I saw a suggestion. Somebody suggested that an area called Gray Mountains should replace Black City/White Forest. I really like this.
    I'd prefer a mixture of Black city and White forest, like Grey ruins, for example.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hmm, I wouldn't mind something between Gray Ruins or Gray Mountains. What kind of Pokémon/trainers do ya'll think would be included if we were to have one of the two (ruins, mountains)?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Hmm, I wouldn't mind something between Gray Ruins or Gray Mountains. What kind of Pokémon/trainers do ya'll think would be included if we were to have one of the two (ruins, mountains)?

I could definitely see a mix where the mountains had an area with ruins, and that would be the civilized area that trainers hung out in. Then the mountain itself could be the area where wild Pokemon were. They should also make it so, instead of basing it on how fast you get to it for people, there should be 5 Pokemon and 10 Trainers placed in there the first time you enter. Afterwards it could be filled up in the same way, but that makes it feel like less of a waste if you got there late and don't have any friends that play.

Years
  • Hmm, I wouldn't mind something between Gray Ruins or Gray Mountains. What kind of Pokémon/trainers do ya'll think would be included if we were to have one of the two (ruins, mountains)?
    The pokemon would proably be the middle one's in the evolutionary line for example instead of Ralts or it's two last forms it would be Kirlia and so on for the other three stage pokemon seeing as Grey is in between unlike Black and White which are beginnings and end at least that's what I think...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I actually think that the events of Grey could be set after Black and White, not as a counterpart, but moreso like a second game. There'd be different characters and still set in the Unova Region, but the main story would be set up as Ghetsis has madea return and has set some of the Seven Sages free, maybe Gorm and Zinzolin. He's freeing the rest of them and going with his original plan of taking all the Pokemon from their trainers using fear and persuasion tactics. You could go after them because of this reason, then stuff happens with legendaries.

Years
  • I actually think that the events of Grey could be set after Black and White, not as a counterpart, but moreso like a second game. There'd be different characters and still set in the Unova Region, but the main story would be set up as Ghetsis has madea return and has set some of the Seven Sages free, maybe Gorm and Zinzolin. He's freeing the rest of them and going with his original plan of taking all the Pokemon from their trainers using fear and persuasion tactics. You could go after them because of this reason, then stuff happens with legendaries.
    Wow that would awesome it would be like the GS of Unova ^_^
    I hope they add another plasma person like they did in Platinum did with Pluto/Charon only this time actually make him battle which would be ironic as non of the Plasma higher ups except N and Ghetsis battle you...

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Maybe N could then, since it would be happening after the story of Black and White, join up with you in a fight against Ghetsis, or at least help you out in points of the game because of his epiphany from fighting with the previous protagonist that not all trainers are bad. You'd still start out with Professor Juniper and stuff, but N would act differently around you, like you have some sort of aura that gives off the feeling of trust. I think something like that could work. :)

Later on, N might give you the power of Zekrom and Reshiram and help you bring Kyurem under control, and then you would indefinitely take down Ghetsis for good. I think Looker could play a heavy part in the game and maybe even the genie trio could play some sort of story in relevance to the main plot instead of being background legends.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Hmm, I like your opinion.

But would you face Drayden or Iris if you are the same gender or opposite gender?

Though they aren't playable characters, I'm guessing it would be like they were your rivals in RSE and DPPtHGSS. In other words, if you start with the male protagonist, you'd fight Iris. If you start with the female protagonist, you'd fight Drayden.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I can see that happening, it'd be a nice alternative to the way they're split up in B&W. If GameFreak keeps the same type of "improvements" to the third game as they have in the past, then we'll see rematches made available; with that in mind, I'm sure we'll be able to battle both gym leaders... but then I wonder if their teams would be any different? I'd like to see more than just one Pokemon difference if they are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back