• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years

Wasn't that the boat that they used during the Victini Event?

@RHIOneAlbum - It's red.

And I believe the Genesect Event takes you to the P2 Laboratory... as far as I know, we can't currently go there... or am I wrong?

Well, I've already stated a lot of what I think will happen in the third game already, but there are endless possibilities, no?

But I must state once more that Bianca should become champion. I still think that.
    Perhaps Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion and maybe even Keldeo, should become part of the storyline... maybe they side with Team Plasma at first, as when you first see them they have not seen humans since that fire that made them hate humans. So, maybe they think that Team Plasma's ambitions are just, so they side with them, and get in your way multiple times, but you prove to them that they, and Team Plasma, are wrong, so they join your side?
    I dunno, whatever :|

Actually, you can go there now. There's just nothing there... yet. If you go there with a fateful encounter Genesect (Action Replay), you get two of Genesect's drives from a scientist. Which ones you get depends on your version.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Its either red or green. Im color blind so its hard to tell.
    It's Red

Wasn't that the boat that they used during the Victini Event?

@RHIOneAlbum - It's red.

And I believe the Genesect Event takes you to the P2 Laboratory... as far as I know, we can't currently go there... or am I wrong?

Well, I've already stated a lot of what I think will happen in the third game already, but there are endless possibilities, no?

But I must state once more that Bianca should become champion. I still think that.
    Perhaps Cobalion/Terrakion/Virizion and maybe even Keldeo, should become part of the storyline... maybe they side with Team Plasma at first, as when you first see them they have not seen humans since that fire that made them hate humans. So, maybe they think that Team Plasma's ambitions are just, so they side with them, and get in your way multiple times, but you prove to them that they, and Team Plasma, are wrong, so they join your side?
    I dunno, whatever :|
    The black boat was not the one that took you to Liberty Garden. But there was one stationed off a dock there. And I don't see Bianca being a Champ. One she is weaker then Cheren, when everyone is going to Dragon Spiral Tower she just says "Oh I will play the body guard" or "You and Cheren are stronger then me etc etc" something to that extent. I don't see her as Champ at all, if anything I could see Alder vacating his position and Cheren is Champ. But I don't see him getting replaced. That or have Drayden be Champ and Iris stationed at the 8th Gym. Kind of be like Clair and Lance. I would like to see Plasma involvement with the Trio and Keldeo. Although I really want to see Genesect above anything.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    The black boat was not the one that took you to Liberty Garden. But there was one stationed off a dock there.

And I don't see Bianca being a Champ. One she is weaker then Cheren, when everyone is going to Dragon Spiral Tower she just says "Oh I will play the body guard" or "You and Cheren are stronger then me etc etc" something to that extent. I don't see her as Champ at all, if anything I could see Alder vacating his position and Cheren is Champ. But I don't see him getting replaced. That or have Drayden be Champ and Iris stationed at the 8th Gym. Kind of be like Clair and Lance.

I would like to see Plasma involvement with the Trio and Keldeo. Although I really want to see Genesect above anything.

That's what I meant =/

Well, that's exactly why I see her being champion. She convinces herself that she is weak and can never be as strong as you, Cheren, or anyone else. It would be perfect if she proved herself wrong by becoming Pokemon Champion.

Well, perhaps there could be both? But Game Freak probably won't do that, or else that would mean Genesect (And possible Keldeo) would no longer be event Pokemon. It would be great for us, but not so for Game Freak... for some reason.

terminoob

Waffles.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I'd enjoy a triple battle/rotation battle at Striaton between you, Bianca and Cheren and the Gym Leaders. I'd also enjoy the Striaton leaders being the Shadow Triad (or even just more explanation on the Shadow Triad in general).

Drayden having the Deino line and Iris having the Axew line would be cool too, though that seems like it'd be really unlikely (or maybe have Drayden keep his team and give Iris a variant of her anime team... I dunno, I just found them having the same exact team a little... bland).

No idea on the black boat, though. Probably has something to do with Keldeo's event rather than Genesect's (that seems like it'd be more P2 Lab-oriented).

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    They did have Oaks Letter Event(Shaymin) and Membership Pass(Darkrai), so I wouldn't be so quick to rule out two new in-game events. Or they could just have them for download via wifi, or at local Gamestop, Toys R US, Target, etc. I am still not convinced she would even make it to that point or that she would even be good for the role. I'd be fine with Alder retaining the Champs role. What I would love is if that had Volkner come over from Sinnoh and be the Champ, then have Alder as a character like Steven where you challenge him else where. Like Desort Resort ruins. But I don't think that scenario will ever happen.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I liked the fact that every legendary in D/P/Pt is obtainable via in-game event via a certain item obtained at an event. That way, if you miss the event, I consider it perfectly legit to use Action Replay to get the item and activate the in-game event and then legitimately catch the Pokemon. I think it would be great if this is done in Gray/Grey with Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect. Perhaps this will give the P2 Laboratory and Challenger's Cave more significance.

Years
    I'd enjoy a triple battle/rotation battle at Striaton between you, Bianca and Cheren and the Gym Leaders. I'd also enjoy the Striaton leaders being the Shadow Triad (or even just more explanation on the Shadow Triad in general).

Drayden having the Deino line and Iris having the Axew line would be cool too, though that seems like it'd be really unlikely (or maybe have Drayden keep his team and give Iris a variant of her anime team... I dunno, I just found them having the same exact team a little... bland).

No idea on the black boat, though. Probably has something to do with Keldeo's event rather than Genesect's (that seems like it'd be more P2 Lab-oriented).

In all honesty, the black boat would fit genesect better since team plasma created it and they have already used a black boat once. The challengers cave would be a fitting place for keldeo since two of the three obtainable musketeers were in caves themselves.
    what im trying to figure out is where would be a good place for meleotta. Possibly a hidden entrance at the pokemon musical.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm actually also hopeing for a sequel for the third game, rather than a tweaked version of B/W. Theres just too many clues. N being seen in another region (I think thats what was said) and Ghetsis escaping...

I think it would be cool that in the next game you play as N. And he either releases Zekrom and starts his journey again, or keeps Zekrom and goes through a sort of strong region starting with trainers with Lv. 50's if you get the idea.

Years
    I think it would be great for they to allow you to have ALL three starters in the beginning or let you choose one of the three as usual but implement the concept of your 1st pokemon in your party to follow you outside of it's pokeball, I think that would be AMAZING! OOOOOOOR Maybe they can through a crazy twist in there and let your FIRST pokemon be Zorua or Victini and ALLOW you to get EVERY starter pokemon at different spots in the story similar to Ash in Pokemon B&W Best Wishes!

It WOULD be awesome for they to add A LOT more double and triple battles because they seem to be favorites of many players. I didn't like rotation battles much, TOO MUCH LUCK AND GAMBLING INVOLVED BOOOORRRING!! I would love for they to maybe at a FEW 4 on 4 battles, tag team style where two couples of pokemon vs two other couples of pokemon. Also, when are they finally going to through some more rivers, ponds, water pools that you can walk on to make the battle field MORE interesting, for example, ground pokemon would be have their Atk and Sp Atk reduced since they're in water/ same for fire unless they are flying types or have levitate. Also, I really dislike battles OUT in the ocean, everyone knows that a pokemon can't have a regular battle on the ocean, you CANT USE DIG in the ocean, you CANT use EARTHQUAKE in the ocean, let's get a little more realistic and allow some more changes in physics in the game. If they're going to have battles, let them be on small islands like they did on route 17, that was a LOT better.

I want them to expand the region by using those extra boats on the docks, allowing you to go to south of the region and can you finally explain why the subway takes you to certain areas of Unova that we have no access to although the subway map says it can take us there? Through another twist such as, Black or White (the original player from both versions) Growing up and befriend N and let the story say that they grew up as best friends and ended up releasing the legendary pokemon knowing that they are better off released so they can protect the Unova region.

Theeen, have Black or White's "little brother" or some other relative from Nuvema town begin his journey and coming to find a certain landscape area where he witnesses in the sky a new legendary dragon type in the beginning of the story. Much bigger and Much more powerful than Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. Let that legendary pokemon be the Original Legendary Dragon pokemon that was first split into two; making Zekrom and Reshiram. Then later in the story, having them explain that Zekrom and Reshiram were inspired by N and "Black/White" who both set their differences aside and learned to unite their strengths to protect the Unova Region so the two legendaries did the same and were able to unite themselves at a sacred location in Unova where they united themselves into one dragon pokemon once again. Then let Black/White's little brother have the opportunity to Tame that unbelievable beast with Stat Totals of 700+ :) and let HIM be the new mascot. and Name it Pokemon: The Unova Guardian Version..or Gray/Grey hahaha.

Please make it even better by allowing for you to have 7 pokemon in your party. That would make people have complete different strategies. This would work Great since Double Battles and Triple Battles would be more Common. ALSO, why not give us the option to either Double Battle, Tripple Battle or Single Battle when we approach trainers? Let US choose the way we decide to live our pokemon story :). Please bring back VS Seeker and PLLEEEASE let FLY be a TM, NOT an HM. Fly is simple, it's EASY to teach a pokemon so it should be a TM. not a HM.

Years
    First of all, I am about 85% sure that Game Freak will make a Grey version or some equivalent, even though they said they wouldn't.

I think it would be great for they to allow you to have ALL three starters in the beginning or let you choose one of the three as usual but implement the concept of your 1st pokemon in your party to follow you outside of it's pokeball, I think that would be AMAZING! OOOOOOOR Maybe they can through a crazy twist in there and let your FIRST pokemon be Zorua or Victini and ALLOW you to get EVERY starter pokemon at different spots in the story similar to Ash in Pokemon B&W Best Wishes!

This is unlikely, but it would be an interesting twist, maybe for once you have caught 100 Unova Pokemon and beaten the Elite Four, for example. Yellow did something like this, but that was different since you can't get any of those other starters as your own starter.

It WOULD be awesome for they to add A LOT more double and triple battles because they seem to be favorites of many players. I didn't like rotation battles much, TOO MUCH LUCK AND GAMBLING INVOLVED BOOOORRRING!! I would love for they to maybe at a FEW 4 on 4 battles, tag team style where two couples of pokemon vs two other couples of pokemon. Also, when are they finally going to through some more rivers, ponds, water pools that you can walk on to make the battle field MORE interesting, for example, ground pokemon would be have their Atk and Sp Atk reduced since they're in water/ same for fire unless they are flying types or have levitate. Also, I really dislike battles OUT in the ocean, everyone knows that a pokemon can't have a regular battle on the ocean, you CANT USE DIG in the ocean, you CANT use EARTHQUAKE in the ocean, let's get a little more realistic and allow some more changes in physics in the game. If they're going to have battles, let them be on small islands like they did on route 17, that was a LOT better.

My mind immediately jumped to 6x6 battles. It might take up a lot of sprite-drawing resources, but it would be very cool to put all your cards on the table. Hey, Final Fantasy does it, why can't we?

About the illogical water issue, I would suggest placing a small island/rocky backdrop so it at least looks like the two trainers mutually decide to battle on top of the nearest rocks. Hey, it's better than nothing :\

I want them to expand the region by using those extra boats on the docks, allowing you to go to south of the region and can you finally explain why the subway takes you to certain areas of Unova that we have no access to although the subway map says it can take us there? Through another twist such as, Black or White (the original player from both versions) Growing up and befriend N and let the story say that they grew up as best friends and ended up releasing the legendary pokemon knowing that they are better off released so they can protect the Unova region.

Even better... the subway goes to little sanctioned-off areas of Johto (Goldenrod City) or Orre (The Under Subway).

Theeen, have Black or White's "little brother" or some other relative from Nuvema town begin his journey and coming to find a certain landscape area where he witnesses in the sky a new legendary dragon type in the beginning of the story. Much bigger and Much more powerful than Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram. Let that legendary pokemon be the Original Legendary Dragon pokemon that was first split into two; making Zekrom and Reshiram. Then later in the story, having them explain that Zekrom and Reshiram were inspired by N and "Black/White" who both set their differences aside and learned to unite their strengths to protect the Unova Region so the two legendaries did the same and were able to unite themselves at a sacred location in Unova where they united themselves into one dragon pokemon once again. Then let Black/White's little brother have the opportunity to Tame that unbelievable beast with Stat Totals of 700+ :) and let HIM be the new mascot. and Name it Pokemon: The Unova Guardian Version..or Gray/Grey hahaha.

Yes! Reshikrom Origin Forme or something of the like. My mind is swarming with the fanfiction-tastic possibilities already.

Please make it even better by allowing for you to have 7 pokemon in your party. That would make people have complete different strategies. This would work Great since Double Battles and Triple Battles would be more Common. ALSO, why not give us the option to either Double Battle, Tripple Battle or Single Battle when we approach trainers? Let US choose the way we decide to live our pokemon story :). Please bring back VS Seeker and PLLEEEASE let FLY be a TM, NOT an HM. Fly is simple, it's EASY to teach a pokemon so it should be a TM. not a HM.

I personally think it makes sense as an HM, but then again, so do Flash and Rock Smash, and those are no longer HMs, so whatever.

Another thing, whatever happened to the Game Corner?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    First of all, I am about 85% sure that Game Freak will make a Grey version or some equivalent, even though they said they wouldn't.

I just thought I'd say this, Junichi Masuda was interviewed a little while back and when asked why they weren't planning a release for a third game, he told them "I don't recall ever hearing that and am certainly surprised" or something that effect. So honestly, I think that was all just a translation mistake.

Of course, it's not like many of us have any doubt in our minds that there won't be a third game. I just thought I'd make that little bit clearer.

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2012

I highly doubt they would do this. Since the first generation of games, the point has been that you choose one Pokémon to start your journey with - you're a beginning trainer, after all - so giving out high-powered Pokémon such as Zorua and Victini - which are also considered "rare" in the Pokémon world - wouldn't make much sense. I'd like to see the return of the first Pokémon in your party following you around, though - I liked that in HG/SS. I doubt they'd break from the trend, starting from Gen I, in that you only get one starter Pokémon - especially not for a third game in a series. Maybe something they'd consider for an entirely new generation, but even then, I doubt it would happen.

Double, Triple and Rotation battles are great, and I would like to see more of them, too. I remember the introduction of Double battles in Gen III being a huge thing, and something to get excited about, and there were many opportunities in-game to experience them, which we haven't gotten with the new styles of battle. If you think about it, any kind of battle comes down to "luck" - even single battles. Having 4 on 4 battles, in my opinion, would be a little over-excessive. Sending out half of your team at a time seems like enough - we'd eventually end up with 6 on 6 battles if this carries on, which would just be stupid.

I like your idea about field effects - Pokémon with certain types having their stats lowered in water, etc. It makes a lot of sense - especially with the whole "using Dig on water/Dive on land" thing. It seems like quite a big thing to introduce just in a third game, though - introducing that in an entirely new generation would be a lot better.

That seems like a huge story addition - a bit too big, maybe. It could be possible for an event - like the time-travel Celebi event in HG/SS - but it seems like too much of an addition. I can't really comment on the thing you said about the Subway, seeing as I've only used it once or twice.

Isn't it kind of a common theory that Kyurem was the Pokémon that split into Reshiram and Zekrom - or part of it, anyway? Nearly every duo/trio in the games has a "leader", and, judging by Kyurem's hidden attacks, and them being based on Electric and Ice-types, it is most likely Kyurem. With the thing about the main character's "little brother", that definitely seems like too big of an addition. What you're basically going for there is two journeys in one game - two whole journeys, with a plot and everything. Maybe a massively abridged version in an event, but not the whole thing (cover it up with time-travel - that always works in stories).

I really doubt they'd suddenly let us have 7 Pokémon in our parties. Having 6 is the way that it's always been, and I can't see that changing. A part of the games is having to decide which Pokémon you'd want on your team, and increasing the party limit to 7 would make the game far too easy (easier, anyway). Having the option to battle a trainer in Singles, Doubles or Triples could work, but maybe not with every NPC in the games. I'd personally like to be able to have a Double Gym battle again, like in Gen III - and maybe even get to battle Cilan, Chili and Cress in a triple battle early on in the game, backed up by Bianca and Cheren. Bringing back the VS Seeker would be great, and I fully agree with it. HMs were changed to TMs in the past because, from what I can see, they weren't amazingly useful in that generation. Fly is, and will be, useful in every game. There's no difference at all between HMs and TMs in Black and White anyway, so I don't even see why you're suggesting this.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    They already made the three Pokemon (Zekrom, Reshiram, and that other one)
    One is WHITE
    One is BLACK
    One is GREY.

Black and White = Released.
    I'm sure Grey will too, with that one Pokemon as the mascot. Why? How many times have they done it before? (GS - C) (RS - E) (RB - Y) (DP - Pt)

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
    Actually, what I would like to see is the inclusion of non-Unova pokemon in the wild. Although it worked great to have solely Unova pokemon present in Black and White, I'd like to see a few other pokemon added to the routes. Instead of having to waiting for the post-game to acquire other species of mons, you'll have the opportunity to complete the national dex without the aid of HGSS. That, or more trainers with non-Unova pokemon. I think adding the Kanto starters to the Striaton Gym trio would be a good addition along those lines. Also a bigger Battle Frontier with the crazy themes Platinum came up with.

Years
    this is just a rumor going around but we read up on an article last week and something it said was about maybe a pokemon iron and pokemon titanium. not too certain about that it could be completely off. that's just what i read. i don't remember the website or the magazine.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Ash had all starters in Johto Saga and they never gave the game starter all 3 in any game. So I don't see this generation being any different. I think they want to keep Zorua semi exclusive so people will use Relocator as for Victini a Legendary pokemon as a starter? Don't see that one happening any time soon much less ever(unless it was a spinoff maybe).

I hear you there if they want to implement new types of battles then implement them better throughout the game instead of showing them 2-3 times. It would be nice too see the environment play a factor in it. Weather already does faction into it so environment effects battles already to an extent. I can see where you are coming from with Dig. But you do know what starts Tsunami's right?

I think a better way of expanding the region would be through subway myself. I do think they need to utilized the extra boats at the harbor though. Changing up the story that drastically would detract from the previous story they did in Black and White I don't see them doing that. N grew up with pokemon and abused pokemon at that, so having the main character grow up with him would kind of throw what they did in Black and White out the window.

Not seeing the little brother scenario thing happening. Although I can see a super powered original pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom were came from.

One of the few mechanics they will probably never mess with is six pokemon. If they added a 7th then people would push for more, 6 is enough as it is. I don't see how it would work great for Doubles or Triples either. As to why not give the options to single, double, and triple not all of them have 2 or 3 pokemon to use. But I would like if they ones that did you were given that option.

I highly doubt they would do this. Since the first generation of games, the point has been that you choose one Pokémon to start your journey with - you're a beginning trainer, after all - so giving out high-powered Pokémon such as Zorua and Victini - which are also considered "rare" in the Pokémon world - wouldn't make much sense. I'd like to see the return of the first Pokémon in your party following you around, though - I liked that in HG/SS. I doubt they'd break from the trend, starting from Gen I, in that you only get one starter Pokémon - especially not for a third game in a series. Maybe something they'd consider for an entirely new generation, but even then, I doubt it would happen.
    Have you played Yellow? You didn't get to choose your starter Professor Oak gave you a Pikachu. Then you fought against Blue Eevee. And periodically through the game you were able to get Bulbasaur at Cerulean City, Charmander at Route 24, Squirtle in Vermilion City.

Actually, what I would like to see is the inclusion of non-Unova pokemon in the wild. Although it worked great to have solely Unova pokemon present in Black and White, I'd like to see a few other pokemon added to the routes. Instead of having to waiting for the post-game to acquire other species of mons, you'll have the opportunity to complete the national dex without the aid of HGSS. That, or more trainers with non-Unova pokemon. I think adding the Kanto starters to the Striaton Gym trio would be a good addition along those lines. Also a bigger Battle Frontier with the crazy themes Platinum came up with.
    If you have an issue with not being able to use non-Unova natives then have somebody transfer them over. They made it that way to keep this region fresh. I think most people have seen enough Zubat, Geodude, Magikarp, Tentacool as it is. If you want to see them again then just wait till post game. Adding any none Unova pokemon to a gym first go around would make much sense too me. And if you are going to add a starter trio then why not the one you already got?

this is just a rumor going around but we read up on an article last week and something it said was about maybe a pokemon iron and pokemon titanium. not too certain about that it could be completely off. that's just what i read. i don't remember the website or the magazine.
    I think they will stick with colors this generation. Since White and Black make Grey/Gray I think that is what they will go with.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I think they will announce a new Pokemon game next month maybe The third game.
    Actually I think they will announce the third game before the Hoenn remakes If Kyurem
    gets a new form in the third game, so we can have the new form of kyurem in the remakes, like the 4th generation.
    Emerald came after FR/LG because Rayquaza doesn't have other form.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I posted about this before, but now I'm going to go into greater detail: I believe that you will be able to travel to Sinnoh in Pokemon Gray. I say this for several reasons:

1. In Cynthia's house, Skyla says "Even distant Sinnoh is just a hop, skip, and a jump if I use my cargo plane." I believe Skyla's cargo plane will most likely be your method of travel.

2. The Shadow Triad gives you the orbs of the Creation Trio from Ghetsis. I think Ghetsis may travel to Sinnoh in an attempt to awaken this trio using the orbs in Gray, which would give you reason to travel there.

3. There is a black boat in Castelia City that is never in any way used in the story or any kind of event. I believe this is the boat that Team Plasma plans to use to travel to the Sinnoh region. On the subject of the boat, does anyone else have speculations for that boat's purpose?

Thing is, Sinnoh's not really apart of Unova's upcoming...uhh idk the word for it, but Unova is a new start, and due to that, it's more like Kanto if anything, so the third game could possibly preview the next region, rather than a past region, since it's starting all over again but yet you know of the past areas or something like that. But actually in saying that, if the third game did sort of show a new area or start discussing it, then you'd kinda get more worth from the third game or something like that. :x

Plus, in other third games you never have traveled to a past region anyway other than Crystal but because in Gold/Silver... yeaaah.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
    As for the mascot, I'm 100 percent sure it'll be Kyurem. It just looks "incomplete" IMO, and it is the third of the tao trio also, two of them comprising the mascot of black and white (Zek and Resh), therefore the third one should naturally fill in that gap (If for some reason it's not Kyurem, I'd be VERY Surprised).

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
    So the main legendary pokemon in expected Pokemon Gray will be ........

Just wondering what will the main legendary pokemon for the third Unova game be . I have a strong feeling that it is going to be Kyurem ..........

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back