• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think it's gonna be name, Pokemon Grey. It's always been like that. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. They're going to follow suit with their other generations...

Follow...what? I remember saying this a long time ago, but I still can't agree with it definitely being Grey. R/S's third game would have been amethyst in that case, a combination of a red gem and a blue gem. Platinum is a metal where neither of the ones before were metals. Red and Blue don't make Yellow. Gold and Silver don't make Crystal. Why do people think that "Black and White makes Grey" is a solid argument for Pokemon?

The only argument I can think of towards that would be the Kyurem being grey argument, but what if they named it Pokemon Crimson like they trademarked and use Volcarona...I could also see a Brown, or something that's not even color-related.

fluffydukki

Time-killer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    Has anyone mentioned anything about Kyurem being 'broken'? I mean, how it's wing and face-horn-thing are messed up on one side. Could there be any possibility of it having a plot explaining its backstory, and maybe being healed/restored?

The player could travel back in time to whenever Kyurem crashed to the Earth and became injured, and then explain to the people of Lacunosa why it's there, before calming it in battle and healing it, which could be something like an alternate forme.

-shrug-

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • Has anyone mentioned anything about Kyurem being 'broken'? I mean, how it's wing and face-horn-thing are messed up on one side. Could there be any possibility of it having a plot explaining its backstory, and maybe being healed/restored?

The player could travel back in time to whenever Kyurem crashed to the Earth and became injured, and then explain to the people of Lacunosa why it's there, before calming it in battle and healing it, which could be something like an alternate forme.

-shrug-

It's entirely possible that it's backstory could be evolved. But it's harmed because it split in two and formed Reshiram and Zekrom as the game says so it would focus probably on that split.

Wait, that is true right? I can't help but feel I just made that up.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I always thought Kyurem was the remains of the original Dragon, and Reshiram and Zekrom where it's essence. So now whats left over is it's shell which is Kyurem. So maybe they will reconstruct it somehow and make it an Ubermon. I dunno if they would go as far as too make a super pokemon and bring about an entirely new pokemon in the middle of the generation but maybe that will happen.

fluffydukki

Time-killer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    I can't remember what happened, but the games said it crashed to Earth on a meteor, so I just assumed that's how it got hurt... but maybe not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    my thought is, at the beginning of this "Pokemon grey", Kyurem is the only known legendary in the games lore, and when you catch Kyurem, you have the choice of keeping him pristene or splitting him into Zekrom and Reshiram. (all this based off Simmy93's post.)

new to the forums ^^

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I dont think it will happen but hopefully we get to catch some non-Unova pokemon before the elite four.

Alder

I know every corner of Unova.
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    I dont think it will happen but hopefully we get to catch some non-Unova pokemon before the elite four.

I doubt that, not sure why they would change that.

But then again, it's possible that they did the new start for new players, and then make the third game more nostalgic for the the older ones with old Pokemon.

Rio448

Hoenn Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I doubt that, not sure why they would change that.

But then again, it's possible that they did the new start for new players, and then make the third game more nostalgic for the the older ones with old Pokemon.

They did it with Platinum so maybe they will do it again. I dont really like being forced to only use Unova Pokemon.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Ok did they actually revel that Kyurem was the shell of the two other Dragon Pokemon? Because I honestly hate that idea allot. And I kinda think the history doesn't match up,
    Reshiram and Zekrom split from the single dragon after creating Unova at the Begin of unova history, then they talked about the civil war, then they talked about the meteor falling down from the earth. And since the two brothers couldn't beat each other wouldnt you think one of them would try to get this shell of a dragon , or at least mention it? And usually when something splits in two it doesn't leave a shell , unless Kyurem's pokedex entry changes to "( Kyurem the xehanort pokemon, it seems to have the ability to have multiple body's , of course in future instalments it will be explained that he was once a human who took over a pokemons heart) lol

fluffydukki

Time-killer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2015
    They did it with Platinum so maybe they will do it again. I dont really like being forced to only use Unova Pokemon.

They brought older Pokemon into Platinum because the region lacked certain types. For example, Magmortar is the only non-starter, non-legendary fire type from Gen IV, and Ponyta was the only fire-type catchable in the wild in DP. So Pokemon such as Houndour became catchable, and you could get Flareon pre-Elite Four.

BW, however, has the largest generation so far, and isn't noticeably lacking in any types, so there's no reason for adding older Pokemon to the game before the main plot's been completed.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    !

40px-Plasma-logo.png

Someone mentioned this colour before but didn't go into detail :(

Plasma's logo = turquoise, black and white. Black and White are covered, why else would the main evil team that dominates the game use that colour for its logo? N saying the world being grey could be a cover-up for the logo :3 Still though, Kyurem also could somewhat pass for that colour. :x

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
  • @Forever: It could be turquoise because kyurem's head and wings are turquoise However people still believe it's going to be grey because the god stone's color is grey.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • @Nice: OMG you're right. We like didn't even see that. I guess I'll be fine with Pokemon Turquoise since it's close ti Crystal and Diamond which are close to Ice. Wow, I think there won't be Grey anymore, Turquoise it is. Wow.

Alder

I know every corner of Unova.
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    One thing that I would like to see expanded on in the third game is the seasons and the possible holidays and events they could have related to that. Just like in GSC, there were weekly events to introduce the system of keeping track of time, there should be events that happen during different times of the season. Even if they're as simple as "the 5th day of winter is the Ice Skating competition in Castelia!" and the center of the city turns into an ice-covered area that you navigate through.

Because they set the times of the seasons, it's very easy for them to say that the X day of Y season is a certain event, and I would really like some season-themed events. Like an ice skating event in Castelia in winter (in reference to the Rockefeller Center ice skating in Manhattan), a flower-planting event in spring where you are given seeds and go plant them at the Abundant Shrine in all those dirt rows, a surfing event in summer where you have to navigate the currents successfully to beat the other Swimmers (or even just be able to battle them), and an event where you shake the leaves from the trees/rake them up in autumn (don't think too hard into this one, I'm uncreative :( ).

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years

• Follow...what? I remember saying this a long time ago, but I still can't agree with it definitely being Grey. R/S's third game would have been amethyst in that case, a combination of a red gem and a blue gem. Platinum is a metal where neither of the ones before were metals. Red and Blue don't make Yellow. Gold and Silver don't make Crystal. Why do people think that "Black and White makes Grey" is a solid argument for Pokemon?

The only argument I can think of towards that would be the Kyurem being grey argument, but what if they named it Pokemon Crimson like they trademarked and use Volcarona...I could also see a Brown, or something that's not even color-related.

Just to be a pain in the ass but, there is actually a logic when thinking RBY series. :D All those three colours are primary colours that you can't get by mixing other colours together. You can only get something alike but not clear and pure red, blue or yellow.

As for the second generation, we have to dig a little deeper from the source we'd not expect to provide any logic for those names. From the Bible. Basicly, gold is thought to mean good of love and knowledge of celestial things. While silver is to mean truth of wisdom and knowledge of spiritual things.

And to find harmony between those two paths we need to clear our mind so it is as clear as a crystal. :D Get it?

The third generation has, well, more modest idea. All three of them are gemstones but through ages ruby and sapphire has been thought to have some sort of connection. As if they were each others opposites.

But the real connection is that each of them, ruby, sapphire and emerald, has been thought to have a power or etc. For example, ruby was thought to have power to predict the future of it's owner by its coloration. Henry VIII's first wife was said to have predicted her own demise by the darkening of a ruby ring. Sapphire was said to darken in color if worn by a person who had committed adultery. While emerald can lose it's coloration if heated to extreme temperatures. :P

Also, emerald is thought to increase emotions of sympathy, love and a sense of fairness and justice.

SORRY for getting of topic, personally I believe that the third game if it is to come and would be tied with Black and White might have the name of Turquoise or something alike.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Just to be a pain in the ass but, there is actually a logic when thinking RBY series. :D All those three colours are primary colours that you can't get by mixing other colours together. You can only get something alike but not clear and pure red, blue or yellow.

This one I could go with. I also know that Yellow is because of Pikachu (I mean, pretty much every game has a color related to the legendary).

As for the second generation, we have to dig a little deeper from the source we'd not expect to provide any logic for those names. From the Bible. Basicly, gold is thought to mean good of love and knowledge of celestial things. While silver is to mean truth of wisdom and knowledge of spiritual things.

And to find harmony between those two paths we need to clear our mind so it is as clear as a crystal. :D Get it?

This has about a .001% chance of being true. If you don't have a source for it, this is just baseless speculation that makes no sense when you think about it.

The third generation has, well, more modest idea. All three of them are gemstones but through ages ruby and sapphire has been thought to have some sort of connection. As if they were each others opposites.

But the real connection is that each of them, ruby, sapphire and emerald, has been thought to have a power or etc. For example, ruby was thought to have power to predict the future of it's owner by its coloration. Henry VIII's first wife was said to have predicted her own demise by the darkening of a ruby ring. Sapphire was said to darken in color if worn by a person who had committed adultery. While emerald can lose it's coloration if heated to extreme temperatures. :P

Also, emerald is thought to increase emotions of sympathy, love and a sense of fairness and justice.

Losing its coloration isn't a 'power'. Ruby and Sapphire make sense as far as they're red and blue, which are obvious opposites and there's the precedent of Red and Blue before. Amber purifies and cleanses the whole being. Amethyst heightens your psychic powers. Garnet increases the success in business and monetary matters. Jade draws love, prosperity, and healing. Tanzanite links the mind with the heart. Do you get what I'm saying? Every gem has some "power" that a spiritual healer will make up to make you feel better. Saying they have powers isn't a connection whatsoever.

SORRY for getting of topic, personally I believe that the third game if it is to come and would be tied with Black and White might have the name of Turquoise or something alike.

This I can get behind. I could definitely see turquoise being the name. Although they did copyright a lot of different shades of red a while back - Crimson, Vermilion, and two spellings of Scarlet. That could mean something...

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    No it's just simply protecting your product and putting something the in the mix to throw people who think they can predict a companies' every move, they do it all the time with domains or other names they'll never intend to use.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No it's just simply protecting your product and putting something the in the mix to throw people who think they can predict a companies' every move, they do it all the time with domains or other names they'll never intend to use.

I picked on that because Black and White were registered at the same time as all the other names, so I think it could be possible that they registered all three games at once, it would make sense to me at least. Note the word 'possible'.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back