• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Well in Nature both fire and lightning have no set shape but ice is the opposite possesing form and shape (ironically Kyurem's shape looks broken and can't control it's own ice powers very well when ice is easier to use than flame or lightning...)
    hmm...ice...shape...makes me think of the theory that Kyurem is in fact the original body's husk which has lost all it's heat energy...
    Hope they tell us more about the former king and how did Ram,Rom and Rem end up the way they did ( two orbs (one of light the other of darkness) and a dragon said to have come from outer space on a comet/meteor/ect.)
    If they did give emoga a new form what would it look like?
    Im sorry i just cant see kyurem beging the shell of of two other pokemon. I hope thats not the case. I honestly rather it be a pokemon sent from outer space. Here is something tho
    Lets say zekrom and reshriam was destroying unova( i think it stated they were in the game) and kyruem was sent to stop them( maybe by acreus ?) but it took heavy damage when it crashed so it didnt, so humans did it there selves.

And OMG if my theory is correct it kinda mirrors the 3rd gen story

Reshriam( groudon) and zekrom( kyouger) are fighting and threatining the world so you have to unleash Kyurem( ryaqueza) to stop them from fighting.
    And once it does both reshriam and zekrom go there seperate ways and you have to catch them later and kyurem goes to the great chasem and you catch him there post eliet four.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    - New formes (Cofagrigus, Zoroark, Emolga, Cryogonal, Volcarona, etc.)
    - Able to get all of the apes

I doubt we'll get new forms of non-legendary Pokémon. I'm only expecting a new form for Kyurem.
    And if by 'apes' you mean Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour, you can already get all 3 without trading.

Anyway, I'm hoping for R/S remakes before the 3rd version (like in 3rd gen), to give them time to work on a 3DS game :P
    Hopefully we'll see more of Team Plasma's plans, and what happened to N and Ghetsis after B/W. Anthea and Concordia don't seem to do much in B/W either; I'd like to see them more involved with the story.

Theab95

Legend hunter
    Years
    I doubt we'll get new forms of non-legendary Pokémon. I'm only expecting a new form for Kyurem.
    And if by 'apes' you mean Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour, you can already get all 3 without trading.

Anyway, I'm hoping for R/S remakes before the 3rd version (like in 3rd gen), to give them time to work on a 3DS game :P
    Hopefully we'll see more of Team Plasma's plans, and what happened to N and Ghetsis after B/W. Anthea and Concordia don't seem to do much in B/W either; I'd like to see them more involved with the story.
    No, It would be better If the 3rd game come first, so we can have the new form of Kyurem in the remakes.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Maybe we're all wrong and kyurem's backstory is something that would blow our minds.
    Also since Reshiram stands for truth and Zekrom stands for ideals what would Kyurem stand for in the third game? Unity? Individuality? or maybe both those things...
    Hope they add more shapes to the C Gear such as diamonds, hearts, ect. and maybe even let us call people with it rather than just have npc's call us, that way we can set up our rematches (like in Emerald,Hg,Ss). If it's like platinum then they will most likely use cynthia's place.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I think it will be called pokemon grey, because, well, I don't know... Black? And White? And then... Grey? I mean a lot of people have come up with pretty good ideas and such, but I still think it's gonna be grey (I hope it is because grey is my favorite color :D)

I have no clue who is gonna be the whats it called.. Main pokemon thing in the third one O.o It might be Kyurem but I have to say, in my opinion, Kyurem is... just..
    ugly.
    Every time I look at that thing I think "did someone smash roadkill with a hammer and spray paint it blue ish?" XD Naw but seriously.

This leads to much thought and debate.. O.o

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    - New cities/towns
    - Battle frontier
    - New formes (Cofagrigus, Zoroark, Emolga, Cryogonal, Volcarona, etc.)
    - Hints leading to a remake of either Hoenn or Kanto
    Instead of creating new towns out of scratch, I'd think they would rather go the route of expanding upon the current ones. Like Lacunosa and Anville. Lacunosa all the people talk about is Kyurem eating people, pretty bland, and nothing really too it. They should have so item there that is given to the player by the towns people that has an effective on Kyurem, or the city plays a role in the main story like the other cities. Anville is like other posters said a waste of time. Right now there is no point to it, it's just a dead end town that is just THERE. Instead they could have a train line to their that takes you too a Battle Frontier or something similar to that. Or give the village some importance maybe Meloetta is around the area or Genesect(even though I think the Black Boat in Castelia is linked to it)

I am not really seeing the need for alternate forms of all the pokemon listed. The only one I could viably see atm have an alternate form is Kyurem(since they may combine Reshiram/Zekrom since supposedly they were one in the same at one time).

It's been awhile since a played through BW, but there are subtle mentions of the Hoenn region.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I am not really seeing the need for alternate forms of all the pokemon listed. The only one I could viably see atm have an alternate form is Kyurem(since they may combine Reshiram/Zekrom since supposedly they were one in the same at one time).
    OOohhhh, good idea!

I like to see more rotation and triple battles since they are few only in the versions. I think they did it on purpose that they did only a few so that they can say: We have much more of the NEW battle styles in this game then in the Black and White versions because THIS version is far superior (hehe) then the others

Also more trainer double battles would be nice to see.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    Ok, well, I have a lot of ideas and theories going on right now. (Well yesterday I did) I wrote it all down in a notebook in bed (lol) here it is:

I think it has an equal chance of being Grey and another color. First I'm going to review some of the other generations. (Not counting remakes, unless they are a new color or something!)

Red, Blue, Yellow- Primary colors, of course!

Gold, Silver, Crystal- There's only one thing I can think of, that they're all rare-ish and can sell for a lot? Gold and silver have been used for currency, but I'm kinda not sure on the Crystal.

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald- They, I guess, are kind of opposites in the gem world. Or something. As for Emerald, well they already had red and blue, so it couldn't be a yellow one, so I guess it was green! Plus these are all gems.

Diamond, Pearl, Platinum- I can understand those, both gems are kind of palish with a hint of another color (blue, pink) in them. Platinum, I guess, it was another yellow version in a way. I am just confused as Diamonds and Pearls... Then a metal? O.o Ah, but, Blue, Pink, Yellow? Sound familiar? ish?

Black and White- Yin and Yang, since Reshiram is on the Pokemon black cover, and vice versa.

Ok, now, let's review: 3 yellowish games, Yellow, Gold, Platinum. Only other idea I could think of is maybe Topaz. Huh, actually a pretty good idea.. Wait, Topaz is yellow, right? 3 bluish ones, Blue, Sapphire, and Diamond. Silver and Crystal are both white/clear ones, I guess, and if you count Pokemon White, that makes 3 white-ish/clear ones. (Unless you think of crystal version as a blue one, Suicine is slightly misleading) Now, Emerald and LeafGreen(the remake?o.o) that equals 2 green games. But what's this? Only 2 reddish games? (ruby and red) We're missing one! And Red is an.. this sounds stupid... important color in the pokemon generations... actually that makes no sense... Never mind. So another red one is possible. Unless you count Pearl into the mix...

Red.................................3
    Blue................................3
    Yellow............................3
    Clear/White...................3
    Green.............................2 (!!!)

So it's also possible it could be green! And it's not gonna be black or whatever because that would make it Pokemon White, Black, and another Black O.o

Anyway yeah, that's what I think. And I'm not saying my prediction is 100% correct or anything, it's just my theory.

P.S. If it were Kyurem it could be grey because Kyurem is part grey! And if it's not then it might be light blue but I don't think that fits very well into Pokemon Black and White (and light blue XD)
    P.P.S. I know you might ask 'If it was green what would the mascot be?' Well I don't know I was simply adding up all the different versions and saw that green was behind. (so is black but whatever)
    P.P.P.S. But if it were red as some of you have brought up, what would the mascot be? Reshiram is already part fire! So he's like white/red. Zekrom's part electric and his electricity's blue, so, that leaves other stuff.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    ok, heres another thing about names.
    Gen I was originally red and green. but brought them over here and turned it into red and blue. yellow was gamefreaks way of turning the new anime into a video game. they named it "Yellow" after the new hit character sweeping the globe, Pikachu. not because they were all primary colors.

gen II were Gold, Silver, Crystal. as im sure most of you notice, one of these things is not like the other. two metals and wait, what? a non metallic substance? unheard of!

Gen III's names are so far the only ones that make "real" sense. Ruby; Sapphire, Emerald. all three are gems. all three resemble the mascots colors.

and now for gen IV. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. to non metals and a metal? again Wait, WHAT?

Gen V. Black and White. as iv'e said before Monochrome. or even chrome. and thats only if Kyurem is the mascot.

i have other thoughts about the mascot anywho. i say victini. why? because so far it has more of a connection to the two dragons then kyurem does at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    I agree with most of your post, and I do think Victini would actually be a good mascot.

Oh, and the Red-Blue-Yellow thing? It will forever be primary colors to me.

I dunno.. I ran out of ideas since earlier today/yesterday O.o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Victini's an event poke...so most likely it'll end up like celebi ( who would have made a better mascot than suicune in my opinion)
    Well japan had RGB all colors of the Rgb model.
    gen ii had metals and stone
    gen iii had all stones
    gen iv had the inverse of gen ii
    gen v will have all shades
    also monochrome is too long of a title...even more than platinum which had 8...

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    ok, heres another thing about names.
    Gen I was originally red and green. but brought them over here and turned it into red and blue. yellow was gamefreaks way of turning the new anime into a video game. they named it "Yellow" after the new hit character sweeping the globe, Pikachu. not because they were all primary colors.

gen II were Gold, Silver, Crystal. as im sure most of you notice, one of these things is not like the other. two metals and wait, what? a non metallic substance? unheard of!

Gen III's names are so far the only ones that make "real" sense. Ruby; Sapphire, Emerald. all three are gems. all three resemble the mascots colors.

and now for gen IV. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum. to non metals and a metal? again Wait, WHAT?

Gen V. Black and White. as iv'e said before Monochrome. or even chrome. and thats only if Kyurem is the mascot.

i have other thoughts about the mascot anywho. i say victini. why? because so far it has more of a connection to the two dragons then kyurem does at the moment.

I don't want to flame on or anything but how in the world can you say that 3rd Generation's game names are the only ones making "real" sense?

IMO you only seemed to state that they are all gems and resemble the mascots' colours.

Doesn't it make any sense that Red, Blue and Yellow are based on primary colours and oh, wait a second. What do I see? All the colours resemble the mascots.

And as far as I see Pokémon Chrome doesn't sound all that catchy. Chrome is a type of metal actually and it doesn't make any sense to name the third game after a metal or even if it would be a shortened version of Monochrome. Also, some people might confuse it very easily so it would be very controversial and risky to do something like that.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe in September, then release it in January like FR/LG.

I highly doubt that the "extremely big 3DS title" Nintendo is gonna announce on September is the third game.
    If you think about it, the third game wouldn't be "big news", considering that the fandom pretty much expects a third game with every generation.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    I don't want to flame on or anything but how in the world can you say that 3rd Generation's game names are the only ones making "real" sense?

IMO you only seemed to state that they are all gems and resemble the mascots' colours.

Doesn't it make any sense that Red, Blue and Yellow are based on primary colours and oh, wait a second. What do I see? All the colours resemble the mascots.

And as far as I see Pokémon Chrome doesn't sound all that catchy. Chrome is a type of metal actually and it doesn't make any sense to name the third game after a metal or even if it would be a shortened version of Monochrome. Also, some people might confuse it very easily so it would be very controversial and risky to do something like that.

my point being is that the first gen names all being primary colors is just a coincidence. And all the games colors (except Gen V) match their mascot.
    and chrome is a color as well. not just a metal.

"everything is chrome in the future" ~spongebob

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2011
    Well, Reshiram and Zekrom represent Yin and Yang, and kyurmem represents wuji, the balance of the two. How about that N tries to capture Reshiram(or zekrom) and this upsets the balance of wuji, meaning you have to beat N, so he releases the one he captures, bringing back the balance, (and maybe stopping kyurem from... maybe creating an ice age on earth?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back