• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really don't think Grey will be revealed this soon :x Imo they're waiting for R/S remakes then Grey. Oh well!

N having a twin would be really awesome only if the twin was evil but then you'd wonder where the twin was in that time that you were travelling Unova, lol. Now with N's name revealed, though, I think we will find out his ancestry in the third game, in terms of "who is his mother?" What's more interesting is how it'll be revealed, I definitely think there will be a lot more added to the introduction, and maybe something dark like two shadowed figures walking into nature or something and harnessing N's spirit? Or maybe that's where he's bo--idk, there's got to be something dark and something about nature in the introduction now lol. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If N had a twin he could possibly control Zekrom...but if he did they proably would've hinted at his existance...also if he did his name could be Steam or something indrustial to oppose Natural (N).
    Also in the third game I can see N saying something after getting Zek and Res, how he got two of the three parts and how that proves he's the chosen one and then he proceeds to use both of them to prove it...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really don't think Grey will be revealed this soon :x Imo they're waiting for R/S remakes then Grey. Oh well!

N having a twin would be really awesome only if the twin was evil but then you'd wonder where the twin was in that time that you were travelling Unova, lol. Now with N's name revealed, though, I think we will find out his ancestry in the third game, in terms of "who is his mother?" What's more interesting is how it'll be revealed, I definitely think there will be a lot more added to the introduction, and maybe something dark like two shadowed figures walking into nature or something and harnessing N's spirit? Or maybe that's where he's bo--idk, there's got to be something dark and something about nature in the introduction now lol. :3

I think N will have something to do with Wally in RS Remakes (which I have a feeling will come before Grey like you said), that's purely because of the similarities in their apperances really though ;3.

Years
  • An evil twin is so cliche, I'll rather that his twin be reblious and chaotic to contrast to his friendly nature but not like Ghetsis evil...also who says it has to be a brother...he could have a sister...the Queen/Princess of Plasma...all these theories sound like part of some fan fic xD.
    Anyway, I still think that Grey is coming be before RSE remakes.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Good point on the sibling MRAS. Someone needs to control Reshiram or Zekrom as we'd need to get Kyurem to stop the feud. but it might make N less significant, with two people wanting the Dragons :/

Also BW was actually a great story-line wise, the whole Ghetis wanting all the Pokemon for himself threw me off-guard, wasn't expecting that xD I want to replay.

I too think the RS remakes will be coming out before the Third Game. This is because according to game release timeline a new main-stream game has to come out next that, and it being the 10th anniversary of the Hoenn games, they might as well celebrate it. Or release it in 2013 as the 10th anniversary of the English games and worldwide > Japan.

Brendan859

Hoenn Champion
    Years

• I too think the RS remakes will be coming out before the Third Game. This is because according to game release timeline a new main-stream game has to come out next that, and it being the 10th anniversary of the Hoenn games, they might as well celebrate it. Or release it in 2013 as the 10th anniversary of the English games and worldwide > Japan.

I believe that too.In my opinion,the 5th Gen will release its games like the 3rd Gen,in other words:

Ruby/Sapphire > Black/White
    Firered/Leafgreen > R/S Remakes
    Emerald > Grey

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    N's real name is revealed, it's Natural Harmonia Gropius, check out Bulbapedia to see more.
    Also N believes he was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown.

What If N is actually a Zoroark???

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    N's real name is revealed, it's Natural Harmonia Gropius, check out Bulbapedia to see more.
    Also N believes he was born from Pokémon; the parents are unknown.

What If N is actually a Zoroark???

This information has actually been posted here and on the theory regarding N being Zoroark, that can be discussed here, so neither really fit into third game speculation unless you want to go further regarding N. :(

Also I'm also agreeing with R/S remakes coming out first now, it just seems way too soon to get "Grey", sadly. On the plus side the game will be really awesome. :x

Years
  • Why does it seem too soon for Grey? They released Platinum like two years after DP and next year will be two years since BW came out in JP...so it's not too early,then again they might do the FrlgE order instead of the whole DPPHgSs order.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Seems like perfect time for an annoucement, if they start coverage now or any where in the next 3 months we can see a release any where from March to May which a good 1/2 years seems like an adequate wait or if they wait to release info int the early spring Japan gets the game around middle or end of summer. So about 2 years seems good enough timing.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Why does it seem too soon for Grey? They released Platinum like two years after DP and next year will be two years since BW came out in JP...so it's not too early,then again they might do the FrlgE order instead of the whole DPPHgSs order.
    My money is on the FRLGE pattern, it's too soon for the 3rd game. Heck I'm still trying to pronounce some of the Pokemon's names xD And usually there should be a spinoff (like ranger or mystery dungeon) before the 3rd game is announced.

Years
  • Or maybe the next game will be mystery dungeon...though it would be kind of odd if they release it after RSE remakes and before Grey...as in Gen III MD was released after Emerald...or so I think...
    I too think that a new game should be announced soon, maybe it will be RSE remakes, that way they can released Grey in 2013 and FrLg remakes (if they chose to do so...) in 2014 (1p years after the original remakes)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Nobody can call it the way they have played the patterns in the past, if we could base it on a solid pattern that was constant then we'd know but we don't. It could be a third installment, remake, a spin-off or nothing, personally I would love a remake but if the third game gets here first that's no worries surely i'll be disappointed but I'll still be positive that an RS remake is in the works and more time is dedicated to it. Nontheless I see either one of them being announced within the next two months or early into next year most likely at Jump Festa in December.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    We're still in 2011 folks, and while the games have been out for a year already within Japan, they still have yet to reach two years as well (and won't, until September 2012 which is still far ahead tbqh). The US hasn't even reached the first anniversary from the release of B/W yet! Unless GameFreak/Nintendo decides to go all money hungry, they'll probably announce a remake for RSE or a third game to BW sometime next year, but within the next month, two months? I don't see that happening. I do however see the result of having another spin off release coming out next year, a higher possibility than remakes/third game.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Or maybe the next game will be mystery dungeon...though it would be kind of odd if they release it after RSE remakes and before Grey...as in Gen III MD was released after Emerald...or so I think...
    I too think that a new game should be announced soon, maybe it will be RSE remakes, that way they can released Grey in 2013 and FrLg remakes (if they chose to do so...) in 2014 (1p years after the original remakes)

I have some strange feeling that the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon will actually tie in with the third game, and like N will be turned into a Pokemon, or maybe N was one a Pokemon, and he was turned into a human so that he could 'save all the Pokemon and nature and stuff', and seeing that he fulfilled his duty, well stopped Team Plasma (kind of) he can now be transformed back into a Pokemon but Reshiram/Zekrom dropped him when they were flying (maybe from some evil Pokemon attack, idk I'm making this up as I go along) and he got amnesia and you go through the game and in the end you find out who you are, but like all the others, he is happier being a Pokemon and stays like it.

The tiredness is getting to me obviously.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Game Freak has never associated their games with those made by third-party developers, why would they start now?

The Mystery Dungeon series isn't even in the same official "universe" as the main series - the games make this a point to tell you this is not the real world at all. Doing something like that would not only be a big stretch between two otherwise unconnected games, but it completely retcons the dramatic reveals of Black and White - and cheapens N's position as an interesting human character, raised in a totally different world with a different viewpoint to the player.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Game Freak has never associated their games with those made by third-party developers, why would they start now?

The Mystery Dungeon series isn't even in the same official "universe" as the main series - the games make this a point to tell you this is not the real world at all.

I believe the Ranger games are associated with the main series through the special trading system and brief mentionings within each's game.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well... considering we haven't heard of a new Mystery Dungeon game in over a year now I think it's a perfect time for a new release!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • We're still in 2011 folks, and while the games have been out for a year already within Japan, they still have yet to reach two years as well (and won't, until September 2012 which is still far ahead tbqh). The US hasn't even reached the first anniversary from the release of B/W yet! Unless GameFreak/Nintendo decides to go all money hungry, they'll probably announce a remake for RSE or a third game to BW sometime next year, but within the next month, two months? I don't see that happening. I do however see the result of having another spin off release coming out next year, a higher possibility than remakes/third game.
    Agreed :3
    To tell you the truth I'm hoping for a spin-off like ranger or mystery dungeon to be revealed soon instead of the remakes, and especially more than the 3rd installment. Like I said earlier, it's too soon for the 3rd installment to be revealed yet.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Game Freak has never associated their games with those made by third-party developers, why would they start now?

The Mystery Dungeon series isn't even in the same official "universe" as the main series - the games make this a point to tell you this is not the real world at all. Doing something like that would not only be a big stretch between two otherwise unconnected games, but it completely retcons the dramatic reveals of Black and White - and cheapens N's position as an interesting human character, raised in a totally different world with a different viewpoint to the player.

After reading what I wrote again, I have weirded myself out and you're right. :3

When I first played White, I was hoping the 'garden patches' around the airport would grow during spring or something, and you could maybe find wild Pokemon there, or at least have pretty flowers to look at, I wonder if they'll make use of it in the third instalment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back