• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Lets sum up everything first. Well first, Ash Greninja is now a Mega Evolution. Next week is a fight with Team Flare and Zygarde 50%.

Was it confirmed that Ash-Greninja is indeed a mega evolution? I know the episode of the anime was Alain vs Ash, but I haven't watched it. I know Ash-Greninja works a lot like Mega Evolution, but they haven't confirmed it.

If Greninja is indeed a Mega, we can guess that there will be a Mega Delphox and Chesnaught. This really isn't a surprise. But we can make a guess that Pokemon Amie will play a role in unlocking their Megas.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Next are some past CoroCoros from B2W2. Note it was announced on Feb 22 after CoroCoro.

January 15: CoroCoro has promised that, within their next issue due out on February 15th, it will provide more world's first information, but this time in regards to the new movie. Elsewhere in the magazine, it promises a scoop about the main Pokémon of the movie next month indicating that a new Pokémon is to be revealed, presumably the legendary Pokémon; Keldeo. We'll provide more of this as and when it comes

February 15: The final image of CoroCoro has been released. This image, as usual, provides a teaser into what will be contained in next month's issue. This teaser states that in the next issue, due for release on March 15th, there is to be another bit of surprise information. This information is said to not just be about Keldeo, with it stating it will post "more than the report of Keldeo". It is likely that the distribution details of Keldeo will be given in the issue, but it is unknown what else they will reveal. We'll provide more information as and when it comes.

B2W2 announced on TV on Feb 22nd.

March 15: More info on B2W2.

That's interesting... it does seem like it's setting up that way once again, as we don't know who the second Poke-star of the movie is yet. That timeline, especially the "world news" and "scoop" use of words to describe February's movie news, is eerily similar to what we got going right now.

We'll probably find out for sure who it is in CoroCoro, since Serebii says it's supposed to be movie news. Then I'm thinking afterwards in the latter half of February that a game announcement might happen, and then CoroCoro in March might cover more info on it.

Also, I think the Alain VS Ash episode has pretty much confirmed(somewhat) that Ash-Greninja is very closely related to Mega Evolution. With Ash-Greninja appearing in other media outside the anime like Picross and possibly the TCG, I think it's safe to say that we may see this as yet another form of Mega-Evolution, like how the Primals are but yet are unique. That is so awesome, the Kalos starters may actually get some much-needed Mega love that they should have gotten in the first place, instead of having a Mega Lucario spoon-fed to you on a silver platter. That is my only gripe about X/Y... and yeah, we did get our own Kanto Megas, but I felt that the Kalos starters were cheated out of an opportunity in their own native region. #foreverweeping

February-March: In the immortal words of The Regginator... My body is ready.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was wondering--is Ash-Greninja a form the Pokémon is able to transform into, or is it something more permanent?

Years
    I was wondering--is Ash-Greninja a form the Pokémon is able to transform into, or is it something more permanent?

*spoilers for anime* The latest ep of the anime basically confirmed that it's a Mega Evolution. Alain is investigating Megas and battling them for Lysandre, and his ME energy radar thing went crazy when Greninja was facing off against Sceptile. And yes, it's temporary!

(And i don't speak Japanese but Alain also had an internal moment when he was battling against Ash-Greninja and he definitely mentioned "Mega Evolution" and he looked shocked)

I think most of us knew it was a Mega all along, because it's speed and power dramatically increase when in Ash-Greninja form. It OHKO'd Sceptile in the episode yesterday, and had actually been losing to Sceptile before that.

Edit: I've just read this post https://good7luck.tumblr.com/post/138723699130/ash-greninja-is-not-a-mega-evolution and now i'm not at all sure anymore haha. But the facts are that Ash-Greninja is 1) temporary, 2) happens because of the bond between Ash and Greninja, and 3) Greninja gains a significant increase in power. Which seems like ME to me! Eh, semantics.

Edit 2: Just found these translations which contradict the link above: https://www.serebiiforums.com/showt...tle!-Greninja-VS-Mega-Charizard!!-(909)/page6

I'm just going to go ahead and call it Mega Evolution haha.

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    *spoilers for anime* The latest ep of the anime basically confirmed that it's a Mega Evolution. Alain is investigating Megas and battling them for Lysandre, and his ME energy radar thing went crazy when Greninja was facing off against Sceptile. And yes, it's temporary!

(And i don't speak Japanese but Alain also had an internal moment when he was battling against Ash-Greninja and he definitely mentioned "Mega Evolution" and he looked shocked)

I think most of us knew it was a Mega all along, because it's speed and power dramatically increase when in Ash-Greninja form. It OHKO'd Sceptile in the episode yesterday, and had actually been losing to Sceptile before that.

Edit: I've just read this post https://good7luck.tumblr.com/post/138723699130/ash-greninja-is-not-a-mega-evolution and now i'm not at all sure anymore haha. But the facts are that Ash-Greninja is 1) temporary, 2) happens because of the bond between Ash and Greninja, and 3) Greninja gains a significant increase in power. Which seems like ME to me! Eh, semantics.

Edit 2: Just found these translations which contradict the link above: https://www.serebiiforums.com/showt...tle!-Greninja-VS-Mega-Charizard!!-(909)/page6

I'm just going to go ahead and call it Mega Evolution haha.

Then it's safe to assume it's a form that can be acquired through bonding.

Anime crew, congrats, you created a hype for the games and anime.

I guess it helps a lot with the anime's viewer ratings? XD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's interesting... it does seem like it's setting up that way once again, as we don't know who the second Poke-star of the movie is yet. That timeline, especially the "world news" and "scoop" use of words to describe February's movie news, is eerily similar to what we got going right now.

We'll probably find out for sure who it is in CoroCoro, since Serebii says it's supposed to be movie news. Then I'm thinking afterwards in the latter half of February that a game announcement might happen, and then CoroCoro in March might cover more info on it.

Also, I think the Alain VS Ash episode has pretty much confirmed(somewhat) that Ash-Greninja is very closely related to Mega Evolution. With Ash-Greninja appearing in other media outside the anime like Picross and possibly the TCG, I think it's safe to say that we may see this as yet another form of Mega-Evolution, like how the Primals are but yet are unique. That is so awesome, the Kalos starters may actually get some much-needed Mega love that they should have gotten in the first place, instead of having a Mega Lucario spoon-fed to you on a silver platter. That is my only gripe about X/Y... and yeah, we did get our own Kanto Megas, but I felt that the Kalos starters were cheated out of an opportunity in their own native region. #foreverweeping

February-March: In the immortal words of The Regginator... My body is ready.
    Well the Kalos starters were new, they seem to have wanted to focus on the Japanese based Gens aka 1-4 rather than the two most recent gens, even in OrAs this is the case with only Audino and Diancie getting Megas.

As for the movie...we already know that the second star is Volcanion for awhile now, Zygarde is the first one (or second depending on who they focus on most).

Years

I really am hyped about this. Greninja is in my top 3 faves so a new forme for it (and so early) makes me so happy. I really need to see it in the games.

I hope it helps with ratings lol. The Kalos saga is 10x better than the Unova one already in my opinion.

Years

Yeah, it must be somewhat different, seeing how Alain's bracelet doesn't glow, yet he speculates it can be a Mega. So, something that isn't a Mega, a Primal, or an old fashion forme...the mystery deepens.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I really am hyped about this. Greninja is in my top 3 faves so a new forme for it (and so early) makes me so happy. I really need to see it in the games.

I hope it helps with ratings lol. The Kalos saga is 10x better than the Unova one already in my opinion.

I haven't watch either, so I can't say much, haha.

While it's understandable for our Kalos starter trio to get new forms, hopefully the Johto ones aren't ignored. They need at least Mega Evolutions! I'm not saying the Sinnoh and Unova starters should be ignored, but they are obviously getting their own if their respective affiliated region remakes are released sometime in the far future.

Yeah, it must be somewhat different, seeing how Alain's bracelet doesn't glow, yet he speculates it can be a Mega. So, something that isn't a Mega, a Primal, or an old fashion forme...the mystery deepens.

Depending on how you see it.
    For me it's just an alternative form with a fancy new name again, ha.

Years

I do agree, it isn't exactly a Mega, but it has all the major hallmarks of it bar the evolution by keystone/mega stone. We know Rayquaza can Mega Evolve without them though.

What makes this "Mega" even more awesome is that it's pretty clear that Ash and Greninja's minds are joined in a psychic connection of sorts. Once they master the form Ash-Greninja will probably be amazingly strong.

I doubt the psychic connection part will be brought over to Z though, i can't even imagine how they would do that.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    PokeAmie must have something to do with this...

That does seem semi-plausible. Already your Pokemon gains more experience and can shrug off status effects and normally fatal hits, which to my knowledge hasn't really been documented before in Pokemon. It would make sense if a Mega-evolution type transformation is also possible.

Years
    I do agree, it isn't exactly a Mega, but it has all the major hallmarks of it bar the evolution by keystone/mega stone. We know Rayquaza can Mega Evolve without them though.

What makes this "Mega" even more awesome is that it's pretty clear that Ash and Greninja's minds are joined in a psychic connection of sorts. Once they master the form Ash-Greninja will probably be amazingly strong.

I doubt the psychic connection part will be brought over to Z though, i can't even imagine how they would do that.
    Maybe a shift of perspective, looking at the opponent from first person. Imagine if you're Greninja and are facing down a Wailmer...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That does seem semi-plausible. Already your Pokemon gains more experience and can shrug off status effects and normally fatal hits, which to my knowledge hasn't really been documented before in Pokemon. It would make sense if a Mega-evolution type transformation is also possible.

Yeah, they can go the lazy for the Kalos starters: Add a exclusive sixth heart.

In the anime, Ash shares Ash-Greninja's pain. So I guess there's gonna be a sorta gauge for this fancy form? The gauge meter decreases by getting hit and once it reaches zero, the Greninja will revert back to its standard form. It isn't necessarily tied with HP, as the HP can be recover through items and moves. But the meter can't be healed for an obvious reason, otherwise it's gonna be overpowered and broken. Basically the same logic with a fainted Mega Pokemon.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I think Amie will be tied to it too... which would be awesome I think, although there might be some people who will feel like they're being forced to use a feature they don't like in order to obtain Ash-Greninja-Delphox-Chesnaught.

Some interesting news concerning the 20th anniversary and "Pokemon Day" just popped up on Serebii. There's supposed to be a special Pokemon celebration at the remodeled Nintendo store in the Rockefeller Center in NYC on February 27th. I wonder if they would use that to reveal a game, I don't know.

Years
    I think Amie will be tied to it too... which would be awesome I think, although there might be some people who will feel like they're being forced to use a feature they don't like in order to obtain Ash-Greninja-Delphox-Chesnaught.

Some interesting news concerning the 20th anniversary and "Pokemon Day" just popped up on Serebii. There's supposed to be a special Pokemon celebration at the remodeled Nintendo store in the Rockefeller Center in NYC on February 27th. I wonder if they would use that to reveal a game, I don't know.

Maybe...either way the next three weeks are bound to get us hyped (and possibly disappointed) several times.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well it is the 20th anniversary now, so if they're planning on releasing any major games for the year then they'd better start announcing them soon. It's usually around the beginning of the year we see the game announcements, Black 2/White 2 were February 2012 and X & Y were January 2013. Since we had no main series game in 2015, I'd put money on there being some sort of third game this year with a release towards the later half of 2016.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back