• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Pretty sure it's canon. It's activated by having Steven's shiny metagross from the demo where he investigates the islands.

he also says that he fought rayquazza with the man with the black charziard.
    Might just be considered a bonus. Not everyone gets the event mon, so it's debatable. Now, if it weren't an event...

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Looking at Serebii's updated movie synopsis, I notice two things. The first is Volcanion apparently has a southern accent, which is sorta unusual but ok. The second is a place called Navel Plateau, a place where Pokemon injured by humans apparently take refuge. In FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald versions there exists in the game a place called Navel Rock, an event only area that is only accesible via ticket. It's a huge island with two Pokemon: Ho-Oh and Lugia, both residing on opposite areas of the island (Lugia is in the deepest part several floors below ground, and Ho-Oh is at the very top, several floors above sea level.) Could there be some relation between the two?

Also what is this Soul Heart power Magearna has? I know it'll probably be something corny (already the plot is "evil guy seeks out and catches legendary Pokemon for evil ambitions," something we've seen in Pokemon movies several times already) but it sounds very intriguing. It's apparently something unique to Magearna so what is it?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    How can u be sure of that?

Due to the specials

Also kinda wish the fans would find another term besides filler arc for BF and Orange Islands since it makes it sound like nothing canon went down. A chunk of canon went down in OI but if people use the filler word people may just skip it all. I mean I watch filler for every anime since I enjoy it as much as the canon but yeah.

Getting back to the games. I do get why the USA fans are getting itchy. When Platinum came out here we got news on HG/SS two months later. We knew about BW before we got HG/SS and it was 11 months after BW that we got BW2 with a few months after getting BW2 that we got XY and like 6 months after that we got ORAS. (Using Japan reveal time to equal USA) And while we did get delays to get the games we got XY when Japan did and 7 or so months later ORAS revealed. Now 15 months after ORAS still nothing. So I do get why we over here are getting anxious. I bet once Pokken is out and GO gets a date we will get news on the game. I am shocked we have had no Direct yet since ever since it began we had one in the the first two months.

Years
    Looking at Serebii's updated movie synopsis, I notice two things. The first is Volcanion apparently has a southern accent, which is sorta unusual but ok. The second is a place called Navel Plateau, a place where Pokemon injured by humans apparently take refuge. In FireRed, LeafGreen, and Emerald versions there exists in the game a place called Navel Rock, an event only area that is only accesible via ticket. It's a huge island with two Pokemon: Ho-Oh and Lugia, both residing on opposite areas of the island (Lugia is in the deepest part several floors below ground, and Ho-Oh is at the very top, several floors above sea level.) Could there be some relation between the two?

Also what is this Soul Heart power Magearna has? I know it'll probably be something corny (already the plot is "evil guy seeks out and catches legendary Pokemon for evil ambitions," something we've seen in Pokemon movies several times already) but it sounds very intriguing. It's apparently something unique to Magearna so what is it?
    ] I also thought of Navel Rock. The fact that the power that went missing alongside Magearna is called "Soul Heart", make me think it's a reference to the remake games. I mean HEARTgold and SOULsilver. Azoth is a project name in OrAs. And Navel Rock is originally a FireRed LeafGreen place...

Due to the specials

Also kinda wish the fans would find another term besides filler arc for BF and Orange Islands since it makes it sound like nothing canon went down. A chunk of canon went down in OI but if people use the filler word people may just skip it all. I mean I watch filler for every anime since I enjoy it as much as the canon but yeah.

Getting back to the games. I do get why the USA fans are getting itchy. When Platinum came out here we got news on HG/SS two months later. We knew about BW before we got HG/SS and it was 11 months after BW that we got BW2 with a few months after getting BW2 that we got XY and like 6 months after that we got ORAS. (Using Japan reveal time to equal USA) And while we did get delays to get the games we got XY when Japan did and 7 or so months later ORAS revealed. Now 15 months after ORAS still nothing. So I do get why we over here are getting anxious. I bet once Pokken is out and GO gets a date we will get news on the game. I am shocked we have had no Direct yet since ever since it began we had one in the the first two months.
    Exactly! Japan on the other hand got big gaps like DP and Pt for example which is still larger than our current gap.

I think that the first February direct was on the 3rd week of February, so even though in the past few years it's been around Valentines day we might still get one.

Last edited by a moderator:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Well guys, it looks like we got a false alarm. Masuda will NOT be coming to E3 this year:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/698658447139581952

"Close to E3, but I tried to adjust the Pokémon company international and not likely to go. Give my best regards to officials of death con. It is a pity to appreciate great teaser."

From Bing Translator. Looks like we're back to square 1 on that one. But I still think we'll hear a game announcement sometime this month, with Magearna and all that.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Might just be considered a bonus. Not everyone gets the event mon, so it's debatable. Now, if it weren't an event...
    True, guess we will have to wait and see.

And I think the soul heart will trigger primal reversion, hence why it's power's wanted.

I also thought of HG and SS when I saw the name as well as the naval Plateau.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Well guys, it looks like we got a false alarm. Masuda will NOT be coming to E3 this year:

"Close to E3, but I tried to adjust the Pokémon company international and not likely to go. Give my best regards to officials of death con. It is a pity to appreciate great teaser."

From Bing Translator. Looks like we're back to square 1 on that one. But I still think we'll hear a game announcement sometime this month, with Magearna and all that.

Welp guys pack it up no new game this year JK

I am guessing now a Direct or random reveal like ORAS. XY was a Direct and ORAS was just a random video so Z could be anything at this point. Stay alert since for all we know Nintendo could have just revealed it as you are reading this! (That would be funny if they did)

Years

Yeah, I noticed the negative when I read it yesterday. There are instances when the negative can be used to affirm something in Japanese though. Plus PokeJungle mentioned the E3 news, unless if he didn't read it himself...I mention this as he's better at Japanese than Serebii (and far more than me) is (I think the guy even lives in Japan).

Edit: Found this on the Discuss in Pokejungle's E3 article page. https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3209/4476/original.jpg

It's a rumored "leak" of new Pokemon. It came from 4 Chan so look at it with a large grain of salt.

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Yeah, I noticed the negative when I read it yesterday. There are instances when the negative can be used to affirm something in Japanese though. Plus PokeJungle mentioned the E3 news, unless if he didn't read it himself...I mention this as he's better at Japanese than Serebii (and far more than me) is (I think the guy even lives in Japan).

Edit: Found this on the Discuss in Pokejungle's E3 article page. https://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3209/4476/original.jpg

It's a rumored "leak" of new Pokemon. It came from 4 Chan so look at it with a large grain of salt.

4chan rumor aside, I would really like a Psychic/Electric one of these days... don't think we've ever had one yet. I'm kinda laughing because Magiana is on the bottom of that list, it's like they put that there to make it more convincing.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Welp guys pack it up no new game this year JK

I am guessing now a Direct or random reveal like ORAS. XY was a Direct and ORAS was just a random video so Z could be anything at this point. Stay alert since for all we know Nintendo could have just revealed it as you are reading this! (That would be funny if they did)

From the looks of things 4chan seems to have better ideas than Game Freak. This depresses me. Some of the Pokemon on that list seem rad as heck.

Years
    4chan rumor aside, I would really like a Psychic/Electric one of these days... don't think we've ever had one yet. I'm kinda laughing because Magiana is on the bottom of that list, it's like they put that there to make it more convincing.
    Yeah, they tendo to do those kinds of things. I would also like an Electric/Psychic. I've been wanting one since Gen IV. It'll be funny if Magearna ends up being Electric/Psychic. It looks kind of psychic, and electric would fit with it's mechanical background.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Yeah not too sure how this means Direct? Seems very random.

Can you imagine if they go over to Reggie to talk about Pokemon stuff and this happens?

Reggie-We all know how excited people are so we have a new game to reveal Coming later this spring enjoy Pokemon Z....Rumble.

Years
    Yeah not too sure how this means Direct? Seems very random.

Can you imagine if they go over to Reggie to talk about Pokemon stuff and this happens?

Reggie-We all know how excited people are so we have a new game to reveal Coming later this spring enjoy Pokemon Z....Rumble.
    Well that was basically how it sounded when they were announcing Pokemon Picross...even I got fooled xD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back