• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Just going to put that there.
    Cb-qZB6WAAAJrhe.png

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/702463689471864832

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    And it still has to be considered that the Mythical distributions happening all year are on XYORAS, not any proposed 3rd version or future version. It's unlikely that they want to overshadow that as well. October at the EARLIEST for the next game.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    My guess the Direct will go through the 20 past years of Pokémon (similiar to what Iwata did in XY Direct in 2013) and telling us to celebrate 20 years of Pokémon this year by releasing not only GO and Pokkén, but also a new game for the 3DS; Pokémon Z.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I fail to see where have I said "Pokèmon GO will kill the main series". Care to point it out? What I'm saying is that if Nintendo wants to sell their Pokèmon GO app, they shouldn't make a main Pokèmon game at the same time. It's pretty simple. Pokèmon GO is the next NEW big thing. Let it be before asking for more OLD things, because if you think a new game will be ground-breaking, you're delusional.

I have no idea why you people fail to see this, because it's as clear as 1+1=2. The newest Pokèmon release from NINTENDO is an app that lets people catch Pokèmon in the real world and trade/battle others. How do you not see that no one will give two cents about it if a new "actual" Pokèmon game is released????

You have no idea what you are talking about. They will offer to separate things. It is like playing a game with VR and not VR or rebuying a PS4 version of a PS3 game it won't hurt anything since people will still go out and get it. GTA V sold like condoms on Valentine's Day yet the next gen version sold very well too.

The direct is only 5 mins so I assume it only will be a a quick thank you and show the game. I swear to god though if this is Z I will be pissed off. Of course my hate will likely disperse in a few hours but the first few hours after the reveal I will be so annoyed. And it is all BW2's fault lol. I was hoping that would try to do a full fledged new story or something unexpected. Plus getting Z would be annoying for me as an anime fan since it would likely mean random fillers till the league and Gen 7. Since if even Z does do a new Flare plot the anime will likely be done with the Z anime arc. I would be cool with Z if it had come out mid or late 2015. But now I want something else if that makes sense. Though since 2014 I did predict Gen 3 remakes in 2014 nothing in 2015 Z as an anniversary game in 2016 and gen 7 in 2017. I was right for the first two and hope the anniversary idea for 2016 happens. I am hoping for a new game but in Kanto and the comparisons with Gen 1 and Gen 6 are very interesting. If the Direct does one thing it will be setting us on a single path to speculate since as of now were on several different paths. Though if it is Z I assume a lot less speculation will happen instead of if it was XY2 or something since we all know it would be a 3rd version. Bring it on Mr.Masuda!

Last edited:
    Years
  • If they are revealing some new main game there under 5 minutes, I guess this is the ultimate decider of the raging generation wars that had happened many months ago, whether it's a last 6th Gen game, or a 7th Gen game... we shall see indeed. These constant fightings need to be put to an end

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    If they are revealing some new main game there under 5 minutes, I guess this is the ultimate decider of the raging generation wars that had happened many months ago, whether it's a last 6th Gen game, or a 7th Gen game... we shall see indeed. These constant fighting need to be put to an end

If is a 20th anniversary game I can it being standalone and being the one game people want. Maybe a final game before a full on reboot with Gen 7. If it is XY2 I am guessing the reboot won't happen and Gen 7 would be 3DS too. If it is Z it is just Z XD. Hoping it is the first 2 myself.

Will have to take a break from watching Fuller House that day to watch the Direct :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    It will be Pokemon GO for sure. They want to make people watch it before a new gen. Most likely it's not a 7th generation game, nor Z since Z probably won't come until november.

It might be a Kanto game. Maybe a Kanto remake + Kalos.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    It will be Pokemon GO for sure. They want to make people watch it before a new gen. Most likely it's not a 7th generation game, nor Z since Z probably won't come until november.

It might be a Kanto game. Maybe a Kanto remake + Kalos.

It won't be GO. It was said weeks ago GO will get more info on the 14th of March. Giving more info more than half a month before when they said prior would be silly. Would be like saying FF 15 will get the release date in March and instead releasing the date two weeks prior. Besides GO and a new main game are not even competing so it should not matter. The two will work as one which was stated Day 1.

Actually just realized the reveal will be on Kanto's 20th bday (in Japan) which just keeps me thinking new Kanto game. I jsut hope at long last that building in Vermilion is finished! :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't think they are gonna make yet another Gen 1 remake. I just don't see it happening with them bringing Red/Blue/Yellow back out.

And I seriously doubt they would reveal Gen 1 remake, a day before the originals were rereleased. I would think that would be a bad marketing strategy.

If Rainbow is a thing, it is likely all regions. That is what I am getting from the leak, but it is still yet to be confirmed if it is real.

Years
  • 5 minutes is long enough to reveal a new game. I wouldn't look too far into it. The Direct when XY was revealed was like 11 minutes but the XY part was like 2 or 3 minutes of the direct, the rest was talking about the history of Pokemon. Also, Gamefreak is heavily promoting the direct, when they aren't in charge of Pokken and spinofss so I slightly doubt it will be on anything like that. Who knows? Guess we have to wait until Feb. 26th at 7 am PST.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    I don't think they are gonna make yet another Gen 1 remake. I just don't see it happening with them bringing Red/Blue/Yellow back out.

And I seriously doubt they would reveal Gen 1 remake, a day before the originals were rereleased. I would think that would be a bad marketing strategy.

If Rainbow is a thing, it is likely all regions. That is what I am getting from the leak, but it is still yet to be confirmed if it is real.

I don't think anyone is leaning towards remakes over games just set in Kanto. Which would work well for a 20th anniversary game. The issue with all regions is how it would be done. Only thing I can see is if it was like GTA and closed areas off and made you do them in a certain order. If all regions were open at once it would be odd since Sinnoh could have level 60s right away. Though I do know Xenoblade and Skyrim have some high level monsters/people early on so idk. just curious how pokemon would do it

But yeah 5 mins is more than enough time. Heck ORAS was done in like 30 seconds. A name alone at this point would bring peace to the fandom but with 5 mins I expect a 1 min thank you from Mr.Masuda and the rest for the game. Title and gameplay and maybe even a release date time frame. XY was shown Jan and out Oct,ORAS was shown May and out in Nov though BW 2 was shown Feb and out in June so this could drop any time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    Maybe you are right. Now I see in the main twitter of nintendo Europe and more nintendo twitters that they post about it.

So it's not GO because GO is not a 3DS/nintendo game.

Hoping for the reveal of Z/new generation.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Maybe you are right. Now I see in the main twitter of nintendo Europe and more nintendo twitters that they post about it.

So it's not GO because GO is not a 3DS/nintendo game.

Hoping for the reveal of Z/new generation.

I think Z would almost upset a lot of people at this point. Since most are expecting something new and fresh. Z however could do well if they did not make it a 3rd version. Like if Z was in Kalos but did a brand new story. Though at the same time calling it Z might make people think it is just a typical 3rd version and making them skip it even if it was an all new story. Though with that hint months back about flowers I am guessing it has to do with AZ's Floette over Zygarde and if it is Kalos it would be called Pokemon A and Z versions. So Z version would happen but just in a way most did not really see coming. Which could be interesting with a plot following AZ. Would be even more interesting if the game read your XY saved date and somehow kept it going from that point. So you play as Serena/Calem maybe 3 or so months after XY? Idk I just like how BW2 read your BW save file and would like it to be taken further.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think anyone is leaning towards remakes over games just set in Kanto. Which would work well for a 20th anniversary game. The issue with all regions is how it would be done. Only thing I can see is if it was like GTA and closed areas off and made you do them in a certain order. If all regions were open at once it would be odd since Sinnoh could have level 60s right away. Though I do know Xenoblade and Skyrim have some high level monsters/people early on so idk. just curious how pokemon would do it

But yeah 5 mins is more than enough time. Heck ORAS was done in like 30 seconds. A name alone at this point would bring peace to the fandom but with 5 mins I expect a 1 min thank you from Mr.Masuda and the rest for the game. Title and gameplay and maybe even a release date time frame. XY was shown Jan and out Oct,ORAS was shown May and out in Nov though BW 2 was shown Feb and out in June so this could drop any time.

Third versions/B2W2 in the case of V, usually have short gaps between reveal and release, at least since Emerald (2, Pt: 4, B2W2 4). So, perhaps we'll get a June release, unless if they are introducing new mons.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Can it be? Is it finally happening?

*starts crying*

_118cae2c89f5feb076647770b9a45b1c_tumblr_nr1mhxtUNw1u0uy1eo1_500.png

Does anybody know what specific time it is? Serebii doesn't list AM or PM, and I'm absolutely horrible with military time... used to know from my previous job, but forgot. :3

The official site has it. 10 am est and 7 pst

Years
  • Aw man, looking at that tweet that announced the direct put the biggest smile on my face. It's finally happening.

Although part of me feels like the 5 minutes could just be them celebrating the franchise in a "Look at what's happened over the years!" sort of thing, but I'm really really really hoping it's finally time for an announcement.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Aw man, looking at that tweet that announced the direct put the biggest smile on my face. It's finally happening.

Although part of me feels like the 5 minutes could just be them celebrating the franchise in a "Look at what's happened over the years!" sort of thing, but I'm really really really hoping it's finally time for an announcement.

The Serebii guy confirmed they would not bother with that. Plus in a way they have done that with the Super Bowl commercial if you think about it. Both PKMN Directs were main series focused and I would be shocked if this was not. D Pikachu is out of the question since this is a world direct and Japan got it and Pokken I feel if they have any new pokemon they will be unlocked in game as surprises which would be nice. GO is March 14th so that leaves Pokemon Z,Rainbow,W,Mumbo jumbo. (Unless they reveal a new Rumble game....)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back