• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Third Version Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • We don't know yet. They small footage that we got still seems like it is based of Kalos. The point we didn't get any more info than just that, makes me think there is still some secrets they want to hold off on.

It is very possible this region is South Kalos, but called something else.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You think it may be a Kalos related or a new gen?
    I dont understand why they make gen last only 3 years?.. Kalos left lots of mysteries and un solved things

This Gen only lasted a 13 months if one counts only the time between releases, that's as long as Gen 2 in Japan, making it one of the shortest if SM is a new Gen. I guess OrAs might truly have been the the Omega but foreshadowed a new beginning.

It doesn't seem like the official site has update just yet, hopefully they'll drop a hint.
    I do think it's a new Gen, which I guess is fitting since we did get Gen IV see a release in 2006 (even if it was meant for 2005, but RG were meant for 1995 so...) in the 10th anniversary, plus that GO chart might've been more than they let on (I had my suspicions we'll see a new Gen some time this year). I have a feeling this Gen might only be a pair, or if it's not it'll be as short as Gen II was in Japan.

Last edited:

Years
  • We'll get more details possibility trailer corocoro next month it's not that far..
    It's really not. Oddly I don't see the official site having updated...perhaps we'll get more info throughout Pokémon Day to keep the hype up :3

Edit: It just updated. I said that SM will introduce "a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover". Interestingly it says Pokémon bank can be used to transfer Pokémon from XYOrAs over to SM the same way as RBY, interesting. It also says to "keep checking the site for more details!"

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    You think it may be a Kalos related or a new gen?
    I dont understand why they make gen last only 3 years?.. Kalos left lots of mysteries and un solved things

BW was the same (2010-2013) Maybe a lot of those mysterious were more fans expecting more than GF had. Like the ghost house maybe not have had any real purpose and the power plant doors maybe have just been locked for no real reason other than they were locked and nothing special was inside. Though I am fine with Gens connecting plot wise so maybe AZ gets focus in S&M even if it is not in Kalos

We did get screenshots which is more than the original BW reveal had.

Years
  • This has to be gen 7. While not technically 100% confirmed, the timeline of generations they showed back during the pokemon GO conference, as well as how they introduced Sun/Moon after going through the starting pairs in each generation leads me to believe this. That's not to say Kalos will be ignored, I have a feeling it'll be tied to the postgame somehow.

e0e0836057.jpg

Hmm. . .that looks awfully similar to Red. . .

Years
  • BW was the same (2010-2013) Maybe a lot of those mysterious were more fans expecting more than GF had. Like the ghost house maybe not have had any real purpose and the power plant doors maybe have just been locked for no real reason other than they were locked and nothing special was inside. Though I am fine with Gens connecting plot wise so maybe AZ gets focus in S&M even if it is not in Kalos

Tell me I wasn't the only one who heard him say that SM will "bring everything together" after going over Gen 1-6's initial pairs? I found that interesting, could he mean story wise, or something else? Maybe these games will see multiple mascots. Charizard, Ho-oh, Groudon, Dialga, Reshiram, and Xerneas as Sun alongside red core, and Moon will have Blastoise, Lugia, Kyogre, Palkia, Zekrom, and Yvetal alongside blue core. It'll be different...and kind of exciting if they pull what I think they might be thinking. Masuda did said shortly after OrAs in an interview that he had many ideas he wanted to share, I think this was after saying that OrAs were the climax of the Mega arc. Could SM be the resolution to Gen 1-6?

Edit: I think I might've missed this, or they updated anew. It says on the official site that Pokebank will be updated to allow for transfer to SM. Now this seems to mean that SM aren't the games the two pentagons were for...could 'Z' have been canceled? Or perhaps the case was that they were simply placeholders.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    These games better wrap up Kalos' mysteries.
    I'm wondering what they're going to do with Zygarde formes, Ash-Greninja and Volcanion. So many questions so little answers...

Pretty sure at this point it is safe to assume it is anime only. People should never have expected them to be in the game anyway.

As for the trainer screenshot it looks funky. not bad just a funky art choice. Or maybe it is the screenshot that makes it look weird.

Tell me I wasn't the only one who heard him say that SM will "bring everything together" after going over Gen 1-6's initial pairs? I found that interesting, could he mean story wise, or something else? Maybe these games will see multiple mascots. Charizard, Ho-oh, Groudon, Dialga, Reshiram, and Xerneas as Sun alongside red core, and Moon will have Blastoise, Lugia, Kyogre, Palkia, Zekrom, and Yvetal alongside blue core. It'll be different...and kind of exciting if they pull what I think they might be thinking. Masuda did said shortly after OrAs in an interview that he had many ideas he wanted to share, I think this was after saying that OrAs were the climax of the Mega arc. Could SM be the resolution to Gen 1-6?

Maybe they will start a new era with the NX era whenever that drops. At least the whole Pokemon Z thing now is over and done with.

Years
  • Pretty sure at this point it is safe to assume it is anime only. People should never have expected them to be in the game anyway.

As for the trainer screenshot it looks funky. not bad just a funky art choice. Or maybe it is the screenshot that makes it look weird.
    You sound like Mariland. I don't think that they're anime only, even if we are getting Sun and Moon. Perhaps the cores will play some role in the games. We know very little...but it does seem like it's Gen VII, not Gen VI.5

Edit: In minute 1:48 they show off a model of a bird Pokémon. It looks similar to Fletchling, but it might be a new bird Pokémon it not.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    You sound like Mariland. I don't think that they're anime only, even if we are getting Sun and Moon. Perhaps the cores will play some role in the games. We know very little...but it does seem like it's Gen VII, not Gen VI.5

I don't see why it being anime only would be a big deal tbh. Even if they do appear the arc itself will be anime only just by the fact Lysandere is in it and I can't see him having lived after XY (Games) While the forms could appear in S&M it would be either just that forms for Zygarde or a new plot.

Years
  • I don't see why it being anime only would be a big deal tbh. Even if they do appear the arc itself will be anime only just by the fact Lysandere is in it and I can't see him having lived after XY (Games) While the forms could appear in S&M it would be either just that forms for Zygarde or a new plot.
    I think they'll go with new plot. Especially if the games revolve around Ragnarok.

Years
  • Yeah if there was one thing I got out of that trailer, it was the stupid amount of vehicle concepts they showed. Leads me to think driving will be a mechanic.

And if we can drive, perhaps that means a bigger region that we're used to?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Anyone notice it looks more like the Gamecube games than XY? I man by the models of the trainers. They are not chibi but more real looking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back