• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THIS IS A REALLY GREAT POST! :D

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
    When you see a post that you think is really really cool, enlightening, well-worded, supertastical, smart, or you just highly agree with it, do you ever let the poster know? If you do, do you tell them by VM, PM, or even by quoting their post in the same thread? What do you usually say?

Edit: I usually just VM people if I really, reeeeaaaally like their post. Sometimes I just really need to say something. I never do that with a thread I posted in myself, though.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I never really initiate contact with someone based on a cool post. I rarely initiate contact with anyone anymore these days anyway. I guess a cool post to me would be one that draws me into that poster's world, with an intriguing use of language; an interesting point put forth; a curious way of phrasing things or just generally being funny. I see it as a glimpse into the eyes of someone else but I'm not gonna trip inside the rest of the head based on one 20/20.

Doctor Nuzleaf

The ninja doctor
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    I'd use the "Make a comment" feature we have (right next to the report button) and write a small message about it

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It depends. When post comments were rep, I'd definitely give rep for a good post. Now, I find I only leave comments if I have something productive to say. Usually I'll quote the post and say something like "I agree entirely!" and then choose a point to expand on so that my own post has original content too. This is my preferred way of showing I liked a post.

I feel like I need to get back into using the post comment system and for some reason I thought I actually did, but I noticed just yesterday that I had only given three post comments for all of last year. XD; Usually when I do leave a comment with the system, it's to be constructive rather than purely complimentary.

I don't VM too terribly often because for some reason I find it a little awkward to start a VM conversation solely about one post. It just seems off-topic and weird. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I rarely initiate contact with other people here. If I see a quote I really like, I might tell them I like it but its hard for me to approach people. I would have to really really like a post or quote in order to do so.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Why would they care about what I think?

But yeah I think we should have a fb-type of "like tuis or that" but then again that didn't work out for some reason.

Other than that I don't think I'll neccesarily show anything to appreciate their post.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I usually either post comment people or quote them in a VM lol - I don't usually quote them in the thread because the stuff I find awesome or hilarious is usually not exactly on-topic, so quoting it and running with it would derail the conversation haha

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    If I can contribute to the discussion, I'll normally quote the post and go 'This!' or something equally short and facetious. (And then go on to give my opinion, obviously! Can't be breaking the 4/25 rule, after all! :D) If it's something that I agree with and like but don't particularly want to talk about further, I'll give a post-comment with my name attached, so people will know it's me. 'Cause I need validation from strangers on the internet... obviously!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I make post comments quite often. All of my lastly made post comments were made in the last two weeks or so :3 That's usually how I let someone know that I appreciate a post or something they've said, in case I don't feel like replying to the topic myself.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    I never thought about that. I just respond, think it's good, and move on to the next thread. I see good posts constantly, but I haven't bumped into one that really knocked me off that good yet.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I usually just keep it to myself. I'm far too shy and bad at approaching people to be able to do anything further.

Back