• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen This is my first time

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Heres the deal, this is my first time trying out pokemon gold. I decided to pick Chikorita. What pokemon should a I catch along my journey that are pretty easy to raise?

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Make sure it's a good type variety. You don't want six grass types.

I'd catch a Poliwag, a Geodude and a Hoot-Hoot along the way.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Catch almost every Pokémon that you cross that you don't already have. It helped me out.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
    I'll catch a Pidgey, it certainly will help you with the grass, bug pkmns on the way to goldenrod, then I'll catch a hard pkmn or I'll level my pkms like around lv 22 for the third gym, of course yOu can get a machop on the big store on goldenrod, very well, personally 'll cATCH a nidoran male and transform it into a nidorino :) Also before you get to goldenrod you might consider catching a ditto, that way you'll have eggs!!!

ANY WAY REMEMBER: It's not about quantity but quality, don't catch to many pkmn!!!

Back