• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This is Urgent Reply ASAP!

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Damn it kid the last thing you should be doing is drinking energy drinks :\

But, I started coffee when I was your age, that is at least safer than those things. You are only supposed to drink them if you desperately need something for a sport anyways.

So...Yeah, lay off of them. Coffee or Tea is the way to go.

Edit: Wait the BLACK label one!? Good luck getting through with your parents.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I highly recommend you don't use it. Why people poison themselves with this crap every day instead of just getting enough sleep is beyond me. Figure out how much sleep your body needs to function without getting tired, then get that much each night (hint: it's over 8 hours or you're missing a cycle). For me, it's ten hours (nine minimum). Anything less and I can barely function.

However, I won't deny sometimes there are times when you might need something like that. If you can't sleep before exams due to anxiety or something, it might be necessary. However, you should always try to get enough sleep whenever possible. Your body and mind decay faster if you don't.

Years
    Alot of my friends always drink energy drinks. Coincidentally, they are all jerks =/

Go with coffee kid. I have had coffee since i was little, and its great. Not every day, but maybe once or twice a week =D

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alot of my friends always drink energy drinks. Coincidentally, they are all jerks =/

Go with coffee kid. I have had coffee since i was little, and its great. Not every day, but maybe once or twice a week =D

Waitwaitwhathca! >:| Coffee does nothing but crap if it's done that low. You need it once every day or other day if you want good results.

But if your mom is the strict kind and she gets mad the withdrawal is more worth it than punishment o.o *guilty*

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well technically you could be either dead or in the hospital, if it is the former, we'll know by you not posting.

Kirbychuu

Chuuu!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2009
    Ew. Energy drinks are not worth your time or money. Theyre complete poison for you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I agree with all above my friend is now sort of addicted to them and he has sort of faile all his exams because of it

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I highly recommend you don't use it. Why people poison themselves with this crap every day instead of just getting enough sleep is beyond me. Figure out how much sleep your body needs to function without getting tired, then get that much each night (hint: it's over 8 hours or you're missing a cycle). For me, it's ten hours (nine minimum). Anything less and I can barely function.

However, I won't deny sometimes there are times when you might need something like that. If you can't sleep before exams due to anxiety or something, it might be necessary. However, you should always try to get enough sleep whenever possible. Your body and mind decay faster if you don't.

I agree with this. Loads of people at my school drink relentless and it makes them quite hyper. Also on the skiing trip, the guy on the seat across the isle from me had 9 bottles of red bull, believe me that will keep you awake.

But in regards to the sleeping, I'm pretty sure you only need 4 hours sleep. 8 hours is just a myth, in fact I heard you live longer if you don't sleep for too long (10 hours plus).

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Energy drinks are not good. I try and stick with water and tea each day, energy drinks make you gain weight, rot your teeth and makes you break out in spots :S

Hope this helped! :)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I've never touched an energy drink in my life. Usually if I need to stay up and do something, the anxiety for getting it done on time will keep me awake.
    :/ Energy drinks are a no-no.

HyPeRsHoCk

Lerk
    Years
    Yeah dude, don't do it. I'm proud to say I've never drunk an energy drink in my life. You will probably end up getting addicted to caffeine like most other kids these days. It's not good at all.

1. You will be miserable without it (after you get addicted)
    2. They're freaking expensive so don't waste your money
    3. You won't live too long with caffeine running your body (as mentioned above)

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    But in regards to the sleeping, I'm pretty sure you only need 4 hours sleep. 8 hours is just a myth, in fact I heard you live longer if you don't sleep for too long (10 hours plus).
    Bzzt. Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong, so wrong I can't say it enough. This advice will quite literally kill you.

Please read.

Sleep needs do vary, which is why you should take my earlier advice to establish your own schedule. However, there are minimum thresholds of sleep that you should not dip below. Put simply:
    This is Urgent Reply ASAP!

(note: image is a copyrighted work of the National Sleep Foundation)

Getting too little sleep (read: anything BELOW the times listed here; 4 hours is never enough, ever) can have annoying short-term consequences and severe long-term ones. Wikipedia has a good list of the effects of sleep deprivation.

Last edited:

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
    omfg (relating to sleep)

Collectively, my mom makes me sleep a total of 14 hours everyday, is THIS too much ?

Ezzo!

conejo.
    Years
    lol have an espresso. hehe
    no though, you shouldn't, only if you're going to do something that requires a lot of energy, but sometimes even then it's not safe. D:

Back