• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This lack of a MineCraft thread disturbs me.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • MINECRAFT THREAD UP IN THIS.
    Why is there no thread for this brilliant game?

"What is MineCraft?"
    An immensely popular "sandbox" game that features a classic build mode, survival mode, and multiplayer mode where you basically just gather, craft, build, and survive in a massive world that only you can change to your liking.

================================================

I personally had no interest in the game until just a few days ago. Me and my cousin have been playing the classic mode for the past two days straight and we both plan on purchasing it tomorrow. I soooo want to attempt survival mode.

Classic mode is pretty hilarious. We dug so far down into the earth that we found massive amounts of lava and basically made a huge glass dome inside of the lava.

Anybody else play?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • It is pretty amazing. I can't see it's appeal lasting more than 3 or 4 days though. I'm surprised I even made it that far.

That trailer is incredibly epic though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I bought it about a month or so ago and played it a ton for about a week. I got bored and decided I'd take all of my important items and trek off as far as I could and 'start over'. That was all fine and dandy until I died there and lost everything that I actually valued. Since then I haven't really had much of an urge to play it. I can see myself starting back up once Notch releases the big Halloween update, though.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • OH YES MINECRAFT!

Yeah, Minecraft is my sick addiction right beside anime. Anyways, I bought Minecraft, like two weeks ago? I have been playing pretty much everyday since.

I hate Creepers though, blew up the whole front of my cave-house once D:

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • I'm mainly watching let's plays on it from SeaNanner's channel on YouTube, but I want the game so badly. It just has such an interesting appeal to it.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • OH YES MINECRAFT!

Yeah, Minecraft is my sick addiction right beside anime. Anyways, I bought Minecraft, like two weeks ago? I have been playing pretty much everyday since.

I hate Creepers though, blew up the whole front of my cave-house once D:

Creepers are certainly the one thing i'm not looking forward to when I play. I definitely don't want to build this huge building only to have it blown to bits, ha ha. Is there any way to avoid that situation?

I'm mainly watching let's plays on it from SeaNanner's channel on YouTube, but I want the game so badly. It just has such an interesting appeal to it.

Yeah, i've actually been watching SeaNanner's MineCraft videos on youtube as well. He's pretty hilarious.

MineCraft has sort of an infinite lego box feeling, and I think that's why I like it so much.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • I would be playing it, but there was some issue with purchasing it, and I have not heard back anything about it. I purchased it three weeks ago, and sent multiple e-mails, so I doubt it will ever go through.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Just tried the free-type, and I can see why people would get addicted to it. At first I was like, "So what do I do?" And I just dug down into the lava. After a little messing around I decided to cap the lava off with glass, and go from there. I quit before finishing, but still. Eventually, I'm sure a giant glass palace would have broken the surface. With more material-to-material interaction and even an excuse plot to provide ideas, I'd buy that for a dollar. Or 20-something.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I can never find coal, literally. Five games - each of which I spent at least thirty minutes running around digging into mountains and whatnot - and still no coal. This game hates me.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I can never find coal, literally. Five games - each of which I spent at least thirty minutes running around digging into mountains and whatnot - and still no coal. This game hates me.

It was the same way with my first file, ha ha! I was freaking out because it was almost night and I hadn't made shelter yet because I spent so much time looking for coal. Luckily I dug into a mountain and made shelter where, magically, there was coal though.

Then morning came and a screamer destroyed everything.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I can never find coal, literally. Five games - each of which I spent at least thirty minutes running around digging into mountains and whatnot - and still no coal. This game hates me.
    I usually find too much coal. So much so that it gets annoying seeing it.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years

I hear you man, when you want to find Coal you will never find it, when you don't want to find Coal, you find like a whole wall of coal.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I was just playing lol. But I love MineCraft, so much xD I play multiplayer with a group of my friends on our own server, so it's pretty sweet.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • As I am posting this, An Autism commercial came on , hehehe.

Minecraft is the best game to pass time. I get sucked in for hours.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • This lack of a MineCraft thread disturbs me.

(Needs Moar Logo!)

Anyways, Minecraft is well...The reason that I am not found nearly as often as I previously was on these forums! This game is like something that a small child would think up of being cool game to have around that didn't exist, only it does exist, and, well, now I'm talking gibberish over it!

The free version of the current game is not a very accurate representation of what Minecraft's actual gameplay is like, in fact, within the full version of the game, the thing that currently tickles my fancy is the application of wires in order to make logic gates to operate mechanisms such as combination locks, use water flow in order to make assembly lines, devising methods to engineer complex dungeon puzzles, and dodging Creepers!

Q: "Hey Prop, with all this talk about Creepers which are supposedly like Bob-ombs from the Mario Series, what do they look like?"

A:

This lack of a MineCraft thread disturbs me.

That, my friend, is the face of pure green, trinitrotoluene-filled doom!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • @Niprop,

Yeah, after purchasing the game and playing survival mode, I can easily say that it is much better than the classic version.
    To top it off, I feel I can easily say that this may be one of the most addicting games I have ever played in my life.

To anybody who is looking for an awesome experience on the game though; get some buddies and host a multiplayer server. I SWEAR, me and a couple of my pals sat on there for like 4-5 hours straight playing. It was epic. Two of my friends were digging underground tunnels together, another was making a underwater glass dome, and I ended up making this huge log palace that bridged over a lot of the land.

I sooooo wish I would have recorded it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The free version of the current game is not a very accurate representation of what Minecraft's actual gameplay is like, in fact, within the full version of the game, the thing that currently tickles my fancy is the application of wires in order to make logic gates to operate mechanisms such as combination locks, use water flow in order to make assembly lines, devising methods to engineer complex dungeon puzzles, and dodging Creepers!

Oh, I saw that video on Youtube (but then, who hasn't?) of an adding machine. How awesome it were. People were also discussing the addition of logic gates as one-block, prefabricated objects. I think there's even talk of trying to play Minecraft in Minecraft. It can't happen yet, but one update is all it takes. That's a sign of the Apocalypse, I'm sure of it.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh, I saw that video on Youtube (but then, who hasn't?) of an adding machine. How awesome it were. People were also discussing the addition of logic gates as one-block, prefabricated objects. I think there's even talk of trying to play Minecraft in Minecraft. It can't happen yet, but one update is all it takes. That's a sign of the Apocalypse, I'm sure of it.

Play MineCraft in MineCraft? Ha ha ha!

"Yo dawg, we heard you like MineCraft. So we put..."
    Etc, etc.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Minecraft is a genius game. Costs 10 bucks, but is worth a thousand.
    I see a lot off dumbasses of servers saying "lol the grafx sux lol why lol bys dis game lol" and I got really annoyed. No, I like the graphics, they give me that brilliant retro feeling.
    And in the full versions, you get to kill zombies and skeletons while fighting through lava lakes ! :-D Grab a Pickaxe, a Sword and get the job done.

Back