• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LOUD.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: DO YOU READ ALL CAPS MESSAGES AS LOUD? BECAUSE WHEN I TYPE LIKE THIS, I AM NOT TRYING TO BE LOUD. IT'S JUST YOU.

Years
    I didn't used to, but these days, 9 times out of 10 I imagine it as yelling when I read it.
    WHICH IS FUNNY BECAUSE WHEN I USUALLY USE ALL CAPS I'M MORE TRYING TO BE EXCITED 8DDDD I don't know where I got that interpretation of it, but ah well...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I use it for EMPHASIS or to annoy people. DID YOU SEE HER CLOTHES GURL OH MAH GAH

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    It may be used for emphasis, but automatically when I read it... I imaging the person shout at me.

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    MANY PEOPLE CONSIDER IT YELLING OR TO BE LOUD, BUT I THINK IT CAN BE USED TO EXPRESS ONE'S ENTHUSIASM. 8DD
    Well, most of the time I use caps lock when I am being all hyper or happy about something. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i use caps lock when im too tired to unpress the caps lock button i accidentally pressed or when i'm craving leftover pasta. i just assume other people are feeling the same way \(◕_◕)/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    OF COURSE, USING CAPSLOCK MAES YOU LOOK COOL BY YELLING ALL THE TIME, AND ONLY REAL BADASSES YELL ALL THE TIME!!!

THIS MESSAGE IS NOT INTENDED TO BE LOUD.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Initially, it comes out as shouting to me, but sometimes, depending on the situation, I'll just assume that they are putting emphasis on it instead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    You people are so loud. D:

...so, yeah! I find it really hard not to picture a person yelling whenever they type in caps, even if it's the most benign thing in the world.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    caps lock + shift is the ultimate form of emphasis - people dunno how much emphasis i got!

-shot-

But yeah, I do read out ALL CAPS LOCK LIKE DIS OMG as yelling, but if it's just one or two words, then I take it as emphasis. How I read it out as, all depends on how someone uses it. I also have some friends who just use it when they're excited. xD;

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    I usually think that ALL-CAPS THREAD TITLES AND POSTS are Spambot or troll material.

In other words, yes, they do come off as loud to me.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    They come out loud to me as well.
    Got this interpretation on MSN, because people sometimes keep "yelling" when writting and YES I DO USE CAPS FOR THE FUN AS WELL. But not much that is, hun ~

Back