• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen This Sux

Vertek

Pokemon League Champion
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2004
    Why do they only give u one masterball when u can catch (Lugia,Ho-oh,Zapdos,Moltres,ect.) That really sux cuz it'll be harder to catch all these pokemon that we want :'( :'( :'(

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • lol, isn't it great? No offense, but I think the addition of the masterball in each pokemon game made it too easy to catch legendary pokemon. In a way, they're really not meant to be caught in the first place. I mean, part of the challenge in pokemon is to try and catch them all.

Laprashunter

Lapras Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2006
    You DON'T need a masterball to catch any of those pokemons. Personally, I've never used a masterball once playing any of the pokemon games. It's much more fun and challenging catching them with regular pokeballs. It might be frustrating sometimes but I think that teaches you to have confidence in yourself. :)

Years
  • I've caught all my Legendary Pokemon with a plain ultraball, but some people prefer using masterballs, thats ok, though i'd rather save it for something else.

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
  • I've catched kyrogre,groudon,latios,latias,
    rayquazaa,regice,registeel,and regirock
    all with a pokeball. A plain pokeball! Aren't i amazing?
    I am telling the truth too.Seriously! I save masterball incase i
    see a shiny pokemon, i dont care if it's a shiny zigzagoon either.
    Cuz i don't have one.

Tweak

I've catched kyrogre,groudon,latios,latias,
    rayquazaa,regice,registeel,and regirock
    all with a pokeball. A plain pokeball! Aren't i amazing?
    I am telling the truth too.Seriously! I save masterball incase i
    see a shiny pokemon, i dont care if it's a shiny zigzagoon either.
    Cuz i don't have one.

i'm saving my masterball for the ultimate one...=O the deoxys!!! i used ultraballs on everything else.

>O how can you catch those with a pokeball?! i guess it must have taken lots of tries.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    I used pokeballs in ruby also.It's not so hard but you need to be patient.Anyway long time ago (while I still played the Silver rom) I used codes to have unlimited masterballs :(( I was a big cheater then.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    .....?I catch all Pokemon (well,most of them) that are Lv -40 with one ultraball.In rare cases they manage to get out from the 1st one.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    I never ever used a masterball.... Well maybe in my old games.
    But right now.. I don't bother to even get it.
    To my suprise I caught all my pokemon in a shot.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    It's quite easy too catch them with a ultra ball.Heck, I have caught a few with a premier ball, and a plain pokeball :p

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • ill only use the master ball on 1) legendary that run from ya, or 2) the strongest legendary XD but usually i like the chase the runnin legendarys give ya! :laugh:

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, I used an ultra ball for all the legendaries
    and caught them in one shot! And this pure
    luck by the way.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • I used the Master Ball for Lugia/Ho-Oh in G/S/C (master ball for Lugia in Silver, and master ball for Ho-Oh in Gold) so it would be more challenging to catch the L70 other 1.
    In Red, I thought u had 2 weaken a pokemon to catch it with the Master Ball, so i used my Charizard's Earthquake and accidentally killed it -_-... In Sapphire, I used my Master Ball on Rayquaza after running out of every other ball i had...

Furikuri Otaku

Its nothing, really
    Years
  • I can catch with pokeballs easily. I bought 999 pokeballs so i could get 99 premier
    balls. And i put my powerfull pokemon out, use pokeballs till i catch,
    and heal if necessary. Easy as pie.

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
  • i dont have to worry about catching a legendary.i got 99 master balls and i like them because i recently had a hard time catching regice and rayquaza i got really frustaited.master balls r my best friends on this game close to my jirachi.

Back