• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

This video prooves noobs make the english anime.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    This thread proves that people live in the past.

Seriously, 4Kids hating years after they lost the rights to the animé?

xXI JOE IXx

This thread proves that people live in the past.

Seriously, 4Kids hating years after they lost the rights to the animé?[/QU

To be honest the anime went downhill after 4kids stopped, but you have to admit. They made some funny mistakes

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    To be honest the anime went downhill after 4kids stopped, but you have to admit. They made some funny mistakes

Dub wise I think that it didn't. Music usage and edits have been more reasonable that what 4Kids Entertainment did. 4Kids Entertainment also didn't make many mistakes unless edits count as mistakes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I don't see what the big deal is. I could see Arbok evolving into Seviper, considering they're both snakes and all... But everyone getting on 4Kids back are idiots. It was the Japanese that made the anime, and the Japanese that made that "Who's that Pokemon!". So if you want to blame anyone, blame the original writers/animators/whatever. 4Kids simply translated what was given to them.

Years

So what you're saying is that the anime when 4Kids dubbed it was rubbish, and it's gone downhill since?

To you, sir, I say balls. Higher ratings than ever and increased ticket sales for the movies (even when pitted against high profile movies like Ponyo) disprove that entirely.

I have to agree with Vernikova. A thread going on about 4Kids is like someone posting a thread in Other Chat where they discuss Watergate. 'Current' just isn't the word.

Edit:

I don't see what the big deal is. I could see Arbok evolving into Seviper, considering they're both snakes and all... But everyone getting on 4Kids back are idiots. It was the Japanese that made the anime, and the Japanese that made that "Who's that Pokemon!". So if you want to blame anyone, blame the original writers/animators/whatever. 4Kids simply translated what was given to them.

The Arbok -> Seviper gaff was in Pokémon Trainer's Choice, which was exclusive to the dub. >.o

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Pshh, the only time I can't be bothered to disagree with a 4Kids thread is the only time everyone else disagrees XD The only edits now are mostly dialogue edits, which goes to Team Rocket most of the time. Hardly any of their lines are translated directly, from what I gather, and are given lines to insult each other when they aren't doing that in Japanese. Both 4Kids and TPCI have made errors that are only there in their dub, rather than errors translated from the Japanese version, but off the top of my head 4Kids have made more and never corrected them, whereas TPCI have corrected *one* of their errors, which was made in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon by saying Ekans was an Arbok. I'm not saying TPCI have only made one error XD

I kind of wish that the dub would keep the next episode preview, sometimes they can be quite funny and I know some other animes keep the next it.

The dub stopped using the same eyecatches for the breaks as Japan at the start of AG. 4Kids continued to use and so made up their own "Who's that Pokemon?" when Japan had stopped using it and changed to using eyecatches of Ash, May, Brock and Max with a legendary Pokemon in the background. Japan started doing Pokemon trivia questions at the start and end of the episodes sometime in AG, which 4Kids cut and I suppose is why they started inserting Trainer's Choice when the breaks were going to come in, but they were entirely different questions to the ones that Japan had.

'Current' just isn't the word.

Which pretty much sums up most of this Pokemon anime section, anyway :/

Last edited:
    Years

Who's That Pokemon FTW!

I love that Officer Jenny one. XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Look a this i dont think its a mistake.... LOL XD

XD oh and keep an eye out for 0:39 LISTEN he says RAPE ME

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I've seen all these vids XD

stupid 4kids

Someone really needs to say something

I mean The voices changed here while the japaneese voices are still in the japan dub

the people in japan (I mean the people at pokemon) Had no idea this even happend

I thaught PUSA or PI (Pokemon International) made all the dubs in the west

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Both 4Kids and TPCI have made errors that are only there in their dub, rather than errors translated from the Japanese version, but off the top of my head 4Kids have made more and never corrected them, whereas TPCI have corrected *one* of their errors, which was made in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon by saying Ekans was an Arbok. I'm not saying TPCI have only made one error XD

Back in an early Battle Frontier episode, TPCI had somebody call the move Mud Shot an "Earth" type. They went back and redubbed that line. :P Just recently, there's Brock's error from Pursuing a Lofty Goal (Close Combat /= Super Effective against Honcrow), but I thought for sure I heard somewhere else that that's what Brock said in the Japanese version, so TPCI just translated it and... left it there. A little too close to the original, wouldn't you say? XD I could be wrong, though.

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah, some of the errors have just been translated over and not been picked up on, like in AG when Ash talks about going to the Slateport Gym, that was also said in Japanese. I suppose they're less likely to pick up on it if it's just directly translated, but I wonder how they notice the errors if they didn't pick up on it when they were writing the script. It's pretty cool that they bother to go back and redub some of the lines, though.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It wasn't the same word in Japanese (because it wouldn't work in English), but from what I remember, both are a joke on Ash's misunderstanding.

Back