• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Years
    That must suck. He's another one my friend told me:

Trainer SPARTA would like to battle!
    SPARTA sent out Xatu!
    Go, Togekiss!
    Xatu used Confuse Ray!
    Togekiss is now Confused!
    Togekiss hurt itself in confusion!
    Xatu used Mean Look!
    Togekiss can't escape!
    Togekiss is confused!
    It hurt itself in confusion!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    (Togekiss now has 3 HP left)
    Togekiss is no longer confused!
    Togekiss used Fly!
    But it missed!
    Xatu used Psychic!
    Togekiss fainted!
    My friend: WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED????

Sort of pisses you off, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    One time, I Soft Reseted for 2 days straight to get a shiny Rayquaza. (On Emerald) Then, I finally got it. Then, in about 5 minutes, he kills me. O_O I threw my DS at the wall and now it looks like this Dx

Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    whenever you are fighting a gym leader or a trainer and they keep using rest. so the battle lasts forever. i had a gym battle last 30 ish minutes because for most of that the pokemon would use rest as soon as its hp got low and i could never knock it out before it woke up.
    or when you waste like 20+ ultra or great balls on a pokemon then catch it first try with a pokeball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    One time, I Soft Reseted for 2 days straight to get a shiny Rayquaza. (On Emerald) Then, I finally got it. Then, in about 5 minutes, he kills me. O_O I threw my DS at the wall and now it looks like this Dx

Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...
    that's amazing.. did you get a new one?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    I remembered once I was battling my rival and I had my gengar out against his roserade. The battle went like this:

Gengar: Uses hypnosis
    Roserade: Asleep...
    Barry switched Roserade with Rapidash
    Gengar: Uses dream eater...
    Rapidash is not asleep!
    Rapidash: Asleep...
    Gengar: Uses Dream eater
    Rapidash: (dies)
    Barry sent out Roserade
    Roserade: (not asleep)
    Me: ...I distinctly remember it being asleep last time I saw it. (shrugs then continues on)
    Gengar: Uses Hypnosis
    Gengar missed!
    Roserade: Uses giga drain
    Gengar missed!
    Roserade: Uses giga drain
    Roserade: uses Shadow ball
    Me: WHAT?!
    Gengar: (dies)
    Me: First off, how the hell did Roserade was suddenly faster then my gengar? Second off, Gengar's hypnosis barely missed at all during this battle but now it misses a lot?! What the hell?!

XD That really got me mad.

Also once, my cousin's level 100 Infernape battled against Gardenia's level 14 Budew (I started all over on his diamond because he used a master ball for a tentacruel) and Infernape got totally powned. xD Infernape didn't even attack once. That was a fail. When Infernape fainted I was like "Infernape?! Are you bloody kidding me?! How does a pokemon like you lose to a level 14 Budew?!"

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I hate when I'm trying to catch a legendary and I've chucked so many Ultra Balls that the Pokemon runs out of HP and kills itself using Struggle. It drives me INSANE, especially when it's already happened multiple times! This is why I don't SR for certain natures or shinies. Once I catch it, I'm like "I'm DONE! No more!"

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
    I just hate Uxie, Azelf and Mesprittt.
    I don't even like them, yet it took me

the longest by far just to catch the ugly things.
    D'8 Wasted time. Armed with about 99 dusk
    balls and 20 ultra balls, I hardly have any left. ;A;

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    This doesn't count too much because it's really my fault, but my pokemon are underleveled by like 10 levels and I really wanna switch around my team but I feel like I can't. And I really don't want to restart because I have a bunch of legendary pokemon in my pokedex thanks to trading.. Uhhh I'm so confused. I guess I should just suck it up and restart.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
    On Platinum I was looking for the runaways and found Zapdos. I had already weakened it and paralyzed it earlier so I went for a quick ball. It shook once, twice, three times...and then Zapdos came out. I was really mad. >_>

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    At the start of the game, when the text is really slow and you can't run and you don't have a bike T^T
    The rest I can tolerate lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    when you have your last timerball after going through 50 of them and it rocks 3 times when catching dialga then it pops out. WTF.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Among a multitude of frustrations, the one that stands out right now (as it was just happening to me a couple hours ago) is ev training a low level pokemon for defense against geodudes who use SELFDESTRUCT.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    i hate trying to beat tower tycoon palmer.
    beating his rhyperior and dragonite, then his milotic and somewhat 100% percent accuracy killing all 3 of my pkmn, with basically no effort :( .
    then i beat him :)

CrazyEccentric

Mikuri/Wallace Fangirl
    Years
    I really hated playing Pearl when I would get stuck on simple things. Like for example: figuring out you need to find a key somewhere to open a door (like at the Windmill/Windworks place or whatever its called). XD

I also hate it when the Elite Four trainers are so tough and I keep closing. I'm like "Damn it! I almost won!", especially when they use a full restore or whatever. I also think, "Why do they have to be at such crazy levels!??". XDD

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2013
    whenever you are fighting a gym leader or a trainer and they keep using rest. so the battle lasts forever. i had a gym battle last 30 ish minutes because for most of that the pokemon would use rest as soon as its hp got low and i could never knock it out before it woke up.
    or when you waste like 20+ ultra or great balls on a pokemon then catch it first try with a pokeball.
    Makes me think of Miltank with Milk Drink.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Catching the Lake Trio just irritated me. Those things were harder to catch than freaking PALKIA. I would have to restock my pokeballs after every battle with them. Giratina was slightly less annoying to catch. The keyword here is slightly.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    When your about to get your first Legendary Pokemon without using the Over Powered MasterBall then you suddenly realize that you run out of PokeBalls.... and the last time you saved was about 4 hours ago... I literally threw my DSLite outa the window luckky it hit the grass.

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    I'm special.. I have changed the "I hate you game" moment into a "This is why I hate you" moment to my pokemon.

ahahaha, I'm gonna go crazy....

Anyway, one of my main "this is why I hate you moments" usually comes up when my pokemon miss an attack and then get paralyzed/poisoned/put to sleep next turn. :I

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
    Years
    Searching for a Pokemon with an encounter rate of 5% or less. Drives you insane; it's almost as if the game KNOWS you're looking for one, and then stops them from showing up...

... and then the next day when you're not looking for them anymore, poof! They show up with little or no effort. Stupid game. >:C

Mr.Mystery

.:-:. Froggy
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I was battling the steel leader on platinum (I forgot his name). We were both on our last pokemon, eevee vs. bastiodon. Well the only move eevee knew that hurt was quick attack. So after using every ether and leppa berry i had, eevee dies from a stuggle. I stabbed the pen thing through the screen because of that.

Back