• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I hate you game ! " DPPt Moments...

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2009
    when you are at a pc box and have three pokemon in your party,try to deposit one and it says THATS YOUR LAST POKEMON!

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    First battle of the game with your rival and he keeps getting critical hits 0_0

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    When Aqua Tail misses. 3 times in a row.

Oh no, it didn't happen to me. It happened to a friend of mine that abuses AR codes. KARRMAA!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Oh geez .
    I also found a shiny Bronzor while walking to Mt. Coronet in Pearl . "YAYY for no Poke'Balls ! " .
    |
    v
    I was destroyed....
    This sort of situation SUCKS. =[

Also when the ball wiggles three times on a legendary then suddenly pops out. And you could've swore you had it >>;

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I was facing the champion and won for my frist time, and while it was saving, my ds dies. i think i was so mad, i almost killed a pillow XD

NatureKeeper

Don't remind me when it was 1 on 1 me vs. Palmer, Lucario vs. Milotic. LOST DREADFULLY.

DSlite needs repairs specially to the touch screen.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My opponent always seems to get critical hits when I pray for them not to occur. =\

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd have to say, there weren't times where I would slam my DS down or anything physical, but there were times when I felt like doing that. When I was chaining for a shiny pokémon I didn't notice my DS was on low red, and when I finally found a shiny pokémon in the grass that's when my DS decided to shut off. I was really fustrated, but got over it once I found a shiny Staravia after a few days. xD;

Gimmepienow

Man-Eating Diglett!
    Years
    Whenever I fight a GymLeader/EliteFour/Rival battle and the opponents HP is in red and I say, "meh, I'll use a weak attack. There's only a small bit of HP left." Then I forget about Full Restores...

monkeylampshade

the secret character of Brawl
    Years
    Whenever I fight a GymLeader/EliteFour/Rival battle and the opponents HP is in red and I say, "meh, I'll use a weak attack. There's only a small bit of HP left." Then I forget about Full Restores...

Something like this, only when you're in the Battle (insert facility), IT DOESN'T KILL IT AND IT KILLS YOU INSTEAD!!!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Trying to beat Shirona and her stupid Garchomp.. had the toughest time fighting her, the first time around. v__v;

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Oh lord...
    +Getting crit-tackled by a Bidoof in the process of EV training when you have 2 HP left
    +Forgetting to check honey trees
    +Scenario: <standing outside the Battle Restaurant place> "O hai rival. Vassap?"
    Rival: I KEEL JOO >:C
    You: I just seriously wiped everyone inside and have yet to heal ;-;
    Rival: GET OVER IT!
    <battle commences... you lose 0-6>
    +Scenario: <thinking Slowking is trade-evolved from Slowbro> GTS TRICK TIME!
    <10 minutes later> FINALLY GOT A TRADE!
    <withdraws Slowbro> Oh mai God -.-
    +Randomly throwing a PokéBall at Heatran, getting 3 shakes, then it pops out and Chuck Norris's voice comes out of your speakers saying "FAIL!"
    +Getting Japanese Pokémon over the GTS (it just bugs the crap out of me since they don't retain their nationality if they evolve[But I have 2 Japanese Turtwigs :P]).
    +EV Training a Pokémon for 2 days, then realizing that it has crappy IV's
    +Being in a cave without an Escape Rope.
    +Hatching eggs in hopes that the Masamuda (sp?) Method will work for once.
    +Being out of PP of any move.
    +Roaming Legendaries
    +Getting slaughtered by Gyaradoses in the process of Super Rod-ing for Chinchou (same happened when I was fishing for Quilfish [which it turns out, those exist?])

I'll add more as I think of them...

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2022
    Just thought of another one.
    Paralysis, and being fully paralysed like 2+ times in a row

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    Agreed on Paralysis holds. I end up getting some combination of Paralysis, Confusion, and Flinching in battles that aren't going well for me. It's kind of a pain in the butt...

SilverStilletto

~Bubble~Bubble~
    Years
    dppt moments to scream over? oh boy...

1. having a gastrodon for beauty contests. putting the gastrodon on the GTS without realizing WHAT im doing. run back to GTS, too late, trade already made.
    2. finally running into a roaming legendary (mesprit in this case) ONLY to realize i have no pokeballs.
    3. (AR code) walk thru walls cheat on! try to go on one of those sand hills. and i hadnt saved for a while. GAME FREEZE!!!
    4. any game freeze actually
    5. trying to evolve chingling/riolu without realizing they only evolve during certain times of day
    6. any time i find a rare/wanted pokemon AND I HAVE NO POKEBALLS
    7. confuse ray/other ways of getting confused (HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE!!!!!)
    8. *insert opponent name here* used a full restore! AGH NOOOOO!!!!!
    9. doing alot of stuff (good stuff, even catching spiritomb i think) then forgetting to save and falling asleep with the ds on. OH NOES!!!! (least i still got me spiritomb)
    10. getting lost in caves that have no purpose (you know the ones i mean)
    11. deleting me pearl file coz i wanted to play through it again (easy coz i had AR), then realizing too late that all me legendaries were in that file (mostly hacked, but i still loveded them)... even me best legit ones... the darkrai that had Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, the last reminder of me sapphire game... all of them gone... *sniffle*
    12. and finally... this one actually had me in tears... BATTLING GARDENIA!!!! I HATE THAT WITCH!!!! i had started with piplup. yay for not knowing you could get a fire type by the time you first get to Eterna! but then me prinplup got waaaaayyyy overleveled so the rest was easy (it was like lv 30 by the end of training for Gardenia and lv 80 by the time i first beat Cynthia)

oh yeah, and one more

when i have me platinum version in the ds properly AND YET ME DS SAYS THERE IS NO GAME CARD IN THERE!!!!!!!

oh, and whenever cheats dont work.

Back